main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: General Discussion (was "Jedi Knight 2!!!!!!!!!!!")

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, May 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    That would have been a lot more clearer.

2. RebelOutlaw_Ace

RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 2001
    Hmm...Kyle's beard was getting grey in MotS, and if this takes place after that, then it could be all white. But, isn't he only about 40 or 45? I've checked my books and all, and I just cannot find out what age Kyle Katarn is, or when it all took place. It HAS to be after the Battle of Endor.

-Reb

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "The chat said the game is set 13-14 years after the Battle of Yavin. Which does not make sense to me. This puts the game right around the Thrawn trilogy and Dark Empire.Maybe this is an error on the part of LEC. (Note)I read this from the chat transcribtes.(SP?) Hopefuly just a typeo on thier part."

actually, 13-14 years after yavin set's it about the time of Planet of twilight, and starfighters of adumar, and chrystal star.

3-4 years after Dark Empire, MOTS and JAT.

4. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks Val that cures my worries. I think where I was confused was that I looked at the time line in the NJO books assuming that the timeline was based on ROTJ like the bantem books and subtracted four years the time between ANH and ROTJ.

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Glad I helped.

By the way all dates now go by ABY. After battle of yavin. Since that was the turning point for the rebellion.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Screenies!!!

[image=http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_1.jpg]

[image=http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_2.jpg]

[image=http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_3.jpg]

[image=http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_4.jpg]

[image=http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_5.jpg]

7. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Ok I'm choking up now, someone please slap me across my back.

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Is that a good thing, or a bad thing, Theron?

9. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    *runs to get a napkin to clean off drool from his shirt*

WOW! It looks like Kyle will duel another woman in this one. Guesses on who the person is with the red blade? Hey! Didn't Leia get a red one? Now that would be cool! Kyle playing lightsaber games with Leia on Yavin4!

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Very freakin Awsome.

11. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Just to make the wait that much harder, I'm giving you a date: February 1, 2001.

And how can you tell that's a woman?

Oh, and since when has Kyle had a blue saber?

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, I wonder about that blue sabre.

13. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    he wanted a change

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Then this means when Luke is thinking back on his first jedi, a year or two later in Leviathan. He was thinking all the way back to his first year students, at that time kyle would still be using his orange lightsabre.

So I'm guessing during the game, he either loses the orange one and finds another, or decides to build his own lightsabre, and he chooses blue as the color.

15. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm guessing they just chose blue because it looks more like the ones in the films, and didn't care what color it was in previous games.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    How do you know he doesn't go through 2 lightsabres in the course of the game? He did in DF2, why not this new game?

17. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    It was a very good thing. I was eating breakfast when I saw this so I was actually choking. (You know how your stomach feels when you are on a rollercoaster ride or anticipating something, that's how I felt then I choked.)

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    On the pic up on lucasarts site, kyle has his orange sabre in his hand.

19. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    Doesn't the orange saber belong to Yun, and Kyle takes it to battle Sariss in JediKnight. I can't seem to remember if it was orange or purple, I haven't played JediKnight in 2 years I'm going to re-install it and play it again.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes it was yun's, and it was orange. It was also the same one he uses in mots. But mots used a slighly different palate than the original engine, since they were accessing colored lighting effects, so the color was a bit different. But still was the same sabre.

This blue one has to be new.

21. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    He lost the green one in JK and got Yun's orangish one. In the JKII press release, they say he turned he saber in to Luke Skywalker, in fear of the Dark Side. I assume he builds/finds this new blue one.

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Dan, I actually thought, since he goes to the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, that he *retrieves* his orange saber from Luke. After all, according to EU (which this game is), Luke has an academy on Yavin IV, and according to the LEC press release, one of the planets is Yavin IV. v My guess is he retrieves it.

Doesn't 2 of those screenies look like the Death Star? AND WHY IN THE WORLD ARE STORMIES STILL AROUND? AYEE!

[image=http://www.bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

23. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    That would be wrong, considering he has a blue one in the screen shots and them ovie.

And stortroopers were around for a looong time after RotJ. Remember, the Empire finally stops being a major force about 19 years after rotj, so there are plenty around the time frame we are looking at. And they were still around after that, too.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Sith Man, do you read the EU? Lucasfilm primarily blends kyles EU stories, characters he meets, and technology from EU events near each of the time periods the stories take place. Stormies are the empires troopers, and imperial reminent, warlords and other imperial factions are still around, during Starfighters of adumar, planet of twilight, ect time period that jedi outcast takes place at. They are the most common army force in the universe, as long as there is an imperial reminant. Lest you forget stormies existed in DF2, which was set 1 year after ROTJ. Also lest you forget, stormies were in MOTS which was 5 years after DF2, during the Dark Empire time period. So yes stormies are normal.

As for you seeing a DS, which I hardly believe it to be, it could be lucas own, Death Star III as seen in star tours. Which just happened to be controlled by some imperial warlord, and was set some undisclosed time period after ROTJ.

But I doubt you are seeing a DS, or the DS3. Probably just some standard imperial landing pad, in some big base.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "That would be wrong, considering he has a blue one in the screen shots and them ovie."

I bet we will see him use the orange one, then get/build a new blue one at some point in the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.