main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: General Discussion (was "Jedi Knight 2!!!!!!!!!!!")

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, May 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    The new PCGamer has shipped. Contains 18 new screenshots.

If you do not want to buy the mag, contact me and I will supply some screens for your viewing enjoyment.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ohh...too bad I have no way to get ahold of this mag. Is there anything interesting or new?

3. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Well, I don't have the mag yet. I just acquired some screens that I am not allowed to post due to legal reasons.

I will post full impressions when I get it, but the screens really impress me, which is a pretty hard thing to do nowadays.

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    those are awesome!!!!!!

5. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Good stuff. I can't wait to get my Gamer.

6. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I got my PC gamer today and I'm blown away by these screenshots. The attention to detail in this game is awesome. Especialy for aliens. Also something cool is that force lighting will have a chain effect as you get higher in levels rather than just shooting straight forward.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    they had chainlightning in mots as well.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    i particularly like the way the limbs fly through the air when sliced off the STORMTROOPER'S body.

EDIT = i also love the way FORCE LIGHTNING shoots in many directions... MULTIPLE KILLS.

//hmmmmm SFL thinks about multiplayer gaming with THIS ability :D :D :D //

9. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Yeah that one stortrooper arm in mid air was cool. I wonder how this will trancelate in MP. I can see it now someone running around with only one arm swinging a lightsaber maddly.

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    ... cue another round of "Holy Grail" quotes...

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  13. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    He is speacking of the Monty Python movie of the same name. Wink wink say no more. ;)

14. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Hey, could anyone post scans of the pics or even of the whole article?

15. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    No, because TF.N has enough legal problems without adding PC Gamer to the picture.

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I got it in the mode today, and I promised an update on some of the newer information.

• "Multiplay will feature deathmatch, capture-the-flag, and a still-in-development mode focused on teamplay and coordination."
    • "Controlling your lightsaber will be easy. You'll be able to pick it up just as quickly as the real thing, and for whatever direction you're moving, you'll have a different attack. If you're running forward and you hit the attack button, you'll lunge; if you're moving to the side, you'll swipe from that direction. Before long, you'll find the control as elegant as the weapon itself."
    • Kyle is a master of both light and dark side force powers. For example, he has force choke and mind trick.
    • There will be 8 different areas in the game, each of those is divided up into sub areas very similar to Elite Force.
    • "The [multiplayer] bots will have emotional attachments, so that two AI combatants might watch each other's backs in deathmatch. The bots will keep track of how many times you've fragged their comrades, and they'll develop grudges against you."
    • "You can use the Force Push to knock objects (or people) off ledges, or to push incoming thermal detonators back from whence they came."
    • Half of the weapons from JK will return, plus some new firepower. Weapons include the saber, the bryar pistol, disruptor rifle (huge energy blasts), flechette gun (nail/knife gun), Imperial blaster, standard issue imperial repeater, stun baton, the bowcaster, thermal detonators and I believe the rail gun.
    • Indoor levels maps to indoor maps ratio is 60/40
    • Luke Skywalker and Jan Ors are big parts of the stoyline
    • GHOUL2 system allows for locational damage i.e., chopped off limbs as seen in the new screenshots. Also allows you to use the saber to advance in levels, like cutting down things suspended by ropes.
    • No blood.
    • Absolutely massive polygon counts for models. I am not exagerating, wait until you see the wire framed model, it's incredible.
    • Interesting to note that characters in the screenshots had the names Jaina and Wedge--whether these are from the storyline or from MP is not known at this time.

I'll add more if I forgot some stuff.

17. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    New screenies, plus a good new look at the Dark Jedi:

[image=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/010921/jedi_screen001.jpg]

[image=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/010921/jedi_screen002.jpg]

[image=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/010921/jedi_screen003.jpg]

[image=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/010921/jedi_screen004.jpg]

[image=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/010921/jedi_screen005.jpg]

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    WOW!

im sooo loving those graphics! :( i cant wait till this comes out!!!!

thanks for those screenies!

19. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
  20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Hmmm....has there been any news of this game in the last month? What's going on?

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    hmmmmm - PM me if you want some newish pics (unable to post them)

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    >> has there been any news of this game in the last month? What's going on?

I would assume they pare back the JK: Outcast information to give Galactic Battlegrounds a better chance of getting editorial space in magazines & websites this close to its launch.

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I'm sorta sick of GBG stuff. Heck, we've had THREE chats, my friends. Heck, Outcast even won the LEC poll for which game you'd want a chat of! :mad: Gimme Outcast stuff!

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's simply the marketing for the title which will be released next. After Nov 12 or whenever its being launched, you can expect GBG publicity to wane, and the other forthcoming PC titles to start getting hyped again...

LEC aren't going to compete for space with one of their products that's 6 months off with one that's 3 weeks off!

25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    NEW SITE!

It has an FAQ, 10 new screenshots, Jedi Knotes, and a direct link to JKII.net, the other message board I go to.

New HUD revealed = kickass.
    Screens = kickass.
    Thermal detonator + flying stormies = kickass.

"Early next year" realease date = kickass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.