main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    Hang on...I'm gonna go play it..I'll be back with the answer for you :)

2. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    here's the walkthrough website for Jedi outcast,
    http://www.cheatportal.dk/cheats/files/1641.phtml
    Hope this helped you out ;)

3. Meshiak

Meshiak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2002
    I like this game.

4. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    On the Demo level on the console versions, there's a damaged grate in the ceiling of the control room to the right of the entrance from the landing platform to the complex. Does anyone know what this is supposed to be for? I shot the thing, jumped up there, and it doesn't seem to be a secret area, nor does there appear to be anywhere to go from there but back down. (I tried jumping over to one of the walkways running parallel to the landing platform, but... EEEE-YYYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!)

Was this grate just put in as part of the demo to show that the player could destroy grates in the actual game? That's all I can figure at this point.

5. rolo_tomasi

rolo_tomasi Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    Why is the aiming in the game so terrible? More specifically with the blaster (weapon 3) I can completely unload on a guy right in front of me not more than 10 feet away and it will take like 10 shots to hit the damn bastard. He will be directly in my sights, the crosshairs all red, he's not moving at all, and the blaster will completely miss!

6. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    rolo_tomasi: The E-11 Blaster rifle (weapon 3) is notorious for its inaccuracy. Even on autofire, you're liable to hit your guy with 5 out of 10 shots fired. However, cutting loose with it in the middle of a multiplayer melee will probably get you two or more cheap kills. ;)

Love the L.A. Confidential reference, btw. It's one of my all time favorite flicks.

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I've noticed that on the X-box version the aiming can be off sometimes too. It hasn't happened much to me, but I haven't played much into the game yet....I've been addicted to teaming up with my fiance in lightsaber-only Jedi Arena Games. :D

8. Invid_Clone

Jul 14, 2002
    Oh yes, I forgot: the difficulty level you're playing on can also affect the way enemies fall to your weapons. On the easiest level (Padawan), a stormie will usually croak after a couple of shots from your E-11, while if you go a notch higher (say, Jedi), it might take three shots or more. Try aiming to their heads whenever you can; they'll always fall faster that way. In regards to saber weilding opponents (Reborn and Shadowtroopers), they'll also be able to take more damage depending on the difficulty you're playing on. I don't know if the same applies to the console versions, but I'm pretty sure it must.

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The solution is simple: don't fire the blster riffle under carbine shots, use the single fire mode. It's slower, but very accurate.

The same for the bowcaster. Holding down for continuous shots has higher accuracy, than the other mode, the one where you hold down and shoot a spread barrage. Single tapping that way seems to shoot a bit lower.

Alaso, distancing from target is a key factor.

10. AndyD123

AndyD123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2003
    I am in the Cairn Docks part of the game.....i need to go undetected through the mission and i cant figure out what to do.

11. Invid_Clone

Jul 14, 2002
    At the start of the "stealth" mission, you should crouch and head right. There's an access to a small tunnel that takes you across part of the level and into a room you must go in in order to deactivate power to part of the level. There's an officer on an alcove in this room you must persuade or skillfully dispatch so he won't trigger the alarm on you. You'll find yourself needing to use mind trick quite a lot to distract the grey and black uniformed officers that'll sound the alarm on you. If possible, kill these officers the first opportunity you get, since regular stormies don't trigger the alarms. You'll find a couple of sections where you'll trigger computer terminals to clear bays full of troopers, making access easier. The most difficult part of the mission is near the end, where you'll find a room full of officers and a door on the other end of the room you must get to. You can't kill the officers, since there's a black uniform on a booth overlooking the room, and he'll trigger the alarm the moment he or any of the officers see you. To enter the room you must leap to the small hole on the top, above and to the left of the outside door. Then crouch and enter slowly and stay on the small ledge overlooking the room. To your left immediate left on the ledge there's a control terminal. Use it to turn off the lights for a while. Then, comes the "tricky" part. Stand up and quickly use mind trick on as many officers as possible, especially the one in the booth. Since it's dark, they'll probably be hard to spot and target. I think there's also a couple of stormies in the room, so watch out for them. Then, drop down to the floor below, avoid bumping into anyone, and head to the door on the opposite end of the room before the lights come back. The moment the door closes behind you you're (almost) home free. There'll be another door right in front of you, leading to a storeroom with an officer and a Reborn. Whatever you do, dispatch the officer first -- he'll start running to an alarm trigger -- and then dispatch the Reborn. After that, it's pretty smooth sailing towards the Doomgiver.

I know this is a pretty superficial walkthrough, so I suggest you check out some of the walkthroughs online. However, the main strategy in this mission consist of proper use of mind trick and confusing officers.

12. AndyD123

AndyD123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks,
    I was having major problems with the "lights out" part...again thanks

13. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    Get a non lghtsaber weapon out and just jump into the room and head out the door.

14. AndyD123

AndyD123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2003
    Does anyonw have any idea how to beat the Guy in the golden suit. Once i get his shield down it just comes back after a few seconds........i need help

15. Invid_Clone

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, the trick to killing Fyarr (the Man in the Golden Exoskeleton ;) ) is Force Speed. Go to Force Speed and pull out a very powerful weapon (like the repeater's secondary concussion blasts or the rocket launcher, if you have any of those). Strafe and move and shoot at his shield sphere to lower it. Once his shield is down, aim for the funny-looking little red thing sticking out his back and over his head. Destroying that will prevent his shields from regenerating. Once his shields are gone for good, keep moving, strafing and using Force Speed if you can to whack at the guy with your weapons or -- a strategy I do not recommend -- get up close and personal with your lightsaber until he's down.

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Killing Admiral Fyyar, the one with Vader's voice, is accomplished in two steps.

Jump on one of the platforms and let your saber automatically deflect the other's rapid-fire shots. Dependant on the difficulty level you've chosen, you will have to use Force Speed next. Switch to the carbine blaster and fire volleys of blue blasts down at Fyyar's shield sphere. Try to sidestep a bit left and right---don't fall down---to minimise return shots.

When his shield falls, act quickly. Aim your target recticle precisely at Fyyar's helmet, at the red part. You should still have enough Force meter units after your Force Speed to hurl your saber at the shield emitter. If struck properly, he'll groan.

That could take two cycles. But his shield emitter will die.

Phase two begins. Assuming your chosen platform wasn't shattered till now, hop down and run to that shield floor cone in room. Put on a cowardly sheep costume and keep Fyyar on one side, and you safely on the other. This will protect you frok his laser line. Force recharge your health first.

Switch to fast saber and Force Speed. His new weakness is behind his back. Repeat as often as it takes. Recharge behind the floor mound from him, then speeding to his back and wacking him.

Until Admiral Galak Fyyar I is no more!

17. IrishJedi1974

IrishJedi1974 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    hey this isnt a reply, but in the Cairn_assembly level, how do you get past it? Im stuck where the assembly maching welds on the frame, the exit is inbetween two sets of pipe and I can't seem to jump over to it. I've tried everything I can think of...anyone got any ideas?

18. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    When I fight Admiral Fryyar, I just use the lightsaber (on medium setting). If you back-peddle and slash at the right time, one swing will bring down the shield without hurting you. At this point, depending on how close he is, either swing, or preferrably throw your lightsaber (make sure it hits him twice) all while continuing to back-peddle. When he gets close, just jump over him and repeat the attack.

19. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Climb up to the first platform level in the welding frame. Simply jump up and forward . . . and you'll land on the ledge before you.

Enter the gap, and swing that saber to slice the pipes. Go out, and the frame will implode.

20. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I don't thinki it's a cheat, I just love slicing through limbs, Does anyone know if their is a Saber_Realistic Code for the Gamecube like there was for Computer???

21. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I love this game, but you know, I'm a totally dirty fighter. I force push like crazy, and hit them when they're down.

I'm going to rescue Jan right now, so I haven't fought the Admiral yet, but all the big fights have had pretty easy ways out. Against Tavion I jumped on some crates, and when she jumped after me...force push into the abyss. Same with those first two shadow warriors you have to fight. I jumped up on the high platform, and when they followed...force push them back and they died :(

I did fight a shadow trooper recently, he had me in a force grip, and I killed him by throwing my lightsaber at him while he was killing me.

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    It's true.

It is quite possible to let Reborns kill themselves without you even touching them. But you have to be creative and work for it.

In that long tunnel, where it glows pink and spins around, that Reborn can fall off and die.

There are at at least two other points, one in a Cairn level, the other high up on Bespin, where they will accidentally slip off . . .

And also on Bespin, the level you duel Tavion, when you start. You duel a Reborn. But don't fight him; run to the door and enter the hall. Hug the wall, while fending of the stormie's bolts . . . and the Reborn, speeding after you, will hurl himself too fast into the laser lines, and detonate himself!

23. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    Tip: When fighting Reborns, Dessann, Shadowtroopers, whoever, one of the most effective moves I have ever seen is the crouch-slash-up. Works everytime.

24. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    No One Knows about Saber_Realistic??

25. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Agreed.

Using your blue saber mode, the crouch and lunge move is deadly.

Course, I passed the game a few times before I realised there were differen't saber modes. Which would have been easier to play had I known. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.