main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zertz1

Zertz1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I generally can only beat Tavion through dodging and sabering. Diagonal scissor swipes aswell as side to side ones seem to work well, forward+left+attack then back+right+attack does diagonal, just right left with attack does side to side. Jump up when lightning goes. Fpush when she is in the air to knock her back, get in some swipes then. Or, you could just open up the console and put in god :). Hope this gives you a hand.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Ohh, are we talking about tavion. Now I remember.

If you jump up on that crate right at the start, sometimes she jumps off the edge. You can force push her and pull her saber too - that helps.

But my best strategy was to get in the corrodor down below and just kind of hack her up in the passageway, where her mobility (or lack thereof) can really confuse the AI.

3. Jakester13

Jakester13 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    I'm stuck in the streets of Nar Shadda. I jump into a garbage bin type thing, it carries me to an area where the bin goes through a blue force field and I can't go through it. As Kyle jumps off the bin, he says something about an overide of the system. After that, I have no idea where to go. If anyone can help, that would be great.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Neither Desann or Tavion allow you to Force choke them. You're instantly pushed away.

There's a damn hot way to beat Tavion in five secs!

When you start the duel, without even bothering to move at all, position your mouse cursor on her legs or body and Force Pull her to you. It may or may not work each time. Keep trying and she'll eventually fall over. Hurl your saber into her head, and she dies! But you have to be lucky.

5. Sernpidal

Sernpidal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Do you know whats hella fun. Npc spawn like 24 jedi than npc spwan like 24 shadowtroopers. Let the carnage commence!

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > I jump into a garbage bin type thing, it carries me to an area where the bin goes through a blue force field and I can't go through it. As Kyle jumps off the bin, he says something about an overide of the system. After that, I have no idea where to go. If anyone can help, that would be great.

As you approach the first few "exits" you have to use the red/green switchlights (ie. Force Push/Pull them) to fly past the corrodors & to the end of the level.

7. Mandalorian4eva

Mandalorian4eva Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Help,

I'm stuck in the Garbage level, trying to find Reelo. I've found Lando, got the pass word, gone into the corridor, down the lift, but the gate is barred? Did I miss something? How do I get out of the lift?

8. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Use your lightsaber and throw it to cut the bar and advance to kill the Weequays.

9. Mandalorian4eva

Mandalorian4eva Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Thanx a heap.

10. jth298

jth298 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    I am playing Nar Shaddaa streets and have made it to the section where there are two crates that can be moved using force pull and force push. I have read walkthroughs that just say 'move the crates using force powers to advance'.

I can see that in order to solve this puzzle I need to be
    a) standing on the lift platform and
    b) Use a force power to move a crate off the sensitive panel to make the lift ascend.

The only problem is that when the lift platform is down there is always a panel blocking me from using my force push to do this.

Is this a glitch in my game or is there a way to solve this?

Many thanks

11. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Not hard at all. Just go round the edge and push or pull a crate. The lift door opens. Enter it and push the crate away this time. Lift ascends.

12. jth298

jth298 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    I know thats what should happen but in my case when I stand on the plate the panel opens and the lift ascends. When I step off the plate, the panel immediately closes, and the lift descends. This means that when I am standing on the lift platform the metal panel in the glass is down and I can't use force push to move the crate to make the lift ascend...!

Unless I've missed something obvious, I think there's something wrong with my game as this doesn't seem to be a problem others have had.

13. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Do you wait to walk off the liftplate after it ascends to the upper level? It should give you a few secs to d it. Try Force speed or something. This shouldn't happen.

14. jth298

jth298 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    Thanks for the help - even using force speed it wasn't possible though to make it in time. I was forced to use a level cheat to move on to the next level...

15. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Nar Sharddaa is one cool level, don't deny yourself it. Plenty of Rodian-class snipers to smoke you in an eyeblink too. Quite challenging on hardest level.

Off the top of my head, when I entered that room I went over to the left and standing next to the crate, I Force moved it. The lift door opened. I then went into the lift and faced forward, Force moving the crate again. That sent the lift up.

Are you saying the actual door doesn't open after ascending? Sounds like a game glitch. And still early in that level.

16. sido-diuus

sido-diuus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Help! I just got the game and I'm stuck on the very first level. How do you get that machine to work in the room with all of the catwalks. I have all three color code things but every time I walk up to the squares on the machine and press use, Kyle says that they are offline. I can't get them to do anything. How do I get past this?

17. jth298

jth298 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    go back to a big room near the beginning of the level. I think there are two such rooms. On the room you need there is a platform in the corner that lowers to a dark area. When in this area, use your light goggles. There is an exit from this room that you need to go through and this leads to a section of the level where you can bring online the computer and also I think get one of the activation codes...

18. limp_saber

limp_saber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    I have been trying to recover the lightsaber from the cage in the stage where you first obtain your force powers, however, despite learning that you can pull-force the lightsaber, I have been unable to do so.

I have tried every angle imaginable

Do I have a broken game or is there another trick?

19. limp_saber

Nov 24, 2004
    I have been trying to recover the lightsaber from the cage in the stage where you first obtain your force powers, however, despite learning that you can pull-force the lightsaber, I have been unable to do so.

I have tried every angle imaginable

Do I have a broken game or is there another trick?

20. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    At the end to the room there is an elevator which will take you down a bit, and lead you to a small hill that ends up light back at your lightsaber.

When the elevator lowers, it pulls the cage off. You need to hit Force Speed and try and get to it as fast as you can and use Force Pull to yank it out from under there! :D

21. limp_saber

Nov 24, 2004
    Cheers for that...

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm stuck on the second level where you have to hop on the moving cart (the room next to the annoying gonk droid). Any advice on how to get on the cart?

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You may have to get on it from a different area. Have you been through the 'red room' yet? -> entered via a garbage tube that overflows into the canyon?

24. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I'm stuck on the second level where you have to hop on the moving cart (the room next to the annoying gonk droid). Any advice on how to get on the cart?

Did you shut down the red flashy radiation cancer thing that goes off when the door closes? If not, exit the room, take whichever door will leave you outside (I think 2 of the 3 do) and look over the edge of some metal grating that you can stand on. A platform will reveal itself after awhile. You have to land on that, crouch, let the platform pull you in, then follow the corridor and blow up the red cylinders.

Or, if you really don't know how to physically get on the cart, there are some half arches that are right next to where the cart stops in the room. Hop on them, walk to the top, then drop down on the cart.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I killed the red lights, just can't actually hop on the stinking thing. I'll try the arches though, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.