main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast / Jedi Academy: Cheats, Codes, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banderon

Banderon Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Argh! It's so annoying haveing to slice a stormtrooper 3-4 times to kill him with my dual-blade.. it's like I'm hitting him with cardboard tubes. And the lack of dismemberment takes a lot away from the realism. =\

Did LA just not include the dismemeberment/saberrealisticcombat in JA? Cause, I mean.. nothing I try makes it work. =(

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I find that I cut off a hand on nearly every person I kill. Getting annoying, really.

I should not only be cutting off the guy's hand! Maybe a leg, or getting cut in two or something, or disemberment at all! Just, not the hand....every....single....time....

3. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I've been looking around and trying to find some info on the dismemberment thing. I'm hearing different solutions that seem to work for some but not others. Here's what I've found thus far. If any of these work, let me know!! (I won't have a chance to test them out until tomorrow night.)

• type code: g_saber_Realistic <1-?>
    • type code: g_saberMoreRealistic <1-99>
    • type code: g_SaberRealisticCombat <1-1000>
    • type these combined codes:
      1. helpusobi 1
      2. g_saberrealisticcombat <1-3000> (also try typing with caps?see previous bulletpoint)
      3. g_dismemberment <1-3000>

4. (HINT) Because you have to type these commands in each level, it is suggested that they be ?bound? to keys like thus:
        bind o helpusobi 1
        bind p g_SaberRealisticCombat <1-3000>;g_dismemberment <1-3000>

1. THIS INVOLVES EDITING GAME FILES!!! (last resort only)
        1. Go into the Game folder.
        2. Find the GameData folder.
        3. Find the base folder.
        4. Find jaconfig.cfg (if it is not there, make sure that the window is set to show ALL FILES)
        5. Find g_saberMoreRealistic "0" and change it to g_saberMoreRealistic "99"
        6. Find cg_saber EntMarks "1" and change it to cg_saberEntMarks "99"
        7. Find g_dismemberment "0" or "1" and change it to g_dismemberment "99"
        8. Save it.

• Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
      Ok folks, I finally found a dismember code that works for me! Now I'm not sure I like it. Go figure!! It may just be me, but it seems like now there's TOO much gibbleting (my new nickname for slicing and dicing after reading a poster talk about turning a stormtrooper into "little trooper giblets"... I laughed for an hour at that one [face_laugh]...must be the caffeine). It's just way to easy to slice and dice now, so may have to go back to the old PG-rated version.

Here is what I learned form the forum at gamefaqs.com:
      For retail version --- the one u buy in the store

fact: saberrealisticcombat 9 does not work in retail, it works in leaked
      gold but it is taken out in retail
      fact: sabermorerealistic 2 is the new command however it is write protected.
      This is how you solve it.

make a shortcut of jasp.exe found in your gamedata folder
      right click the shortcut and go to properties
      change the target to :
      "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi
      Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2+devmapall+load
      quick+set g_sabermorerealistic 2

with quotes where i put them. Now start jk3 through this file from now on,
      and you will be taken to your last quick save and now you can chop up
      enemies.

(Cheveyo's note: I replaced +devmapall with +helpusobi 1 so that the sp game would show my progress, and it worked just as well)

This solution is so much better than editting files and such! And as I said, it works. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm wondering if the giblets will tone down if I change the command from g_sabermorerealistic 2 to g_sabermorerealistic 1. I'll have to try that next time I play... see what happens. ;)

• DeCaPiTaTeD

DeCaPiTaTeD Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
      questions:

1) when i used to play JO on the zone, i distictly remember a console command that changes the size of the player model. 1 was default, 0 was minime, and 2 and above made u big. my questions are:

does anyone know what im talkin about?
      does it work in single player?
      does it work in JA?

2) also, is there a way to get that tavion/ragnos red lightningy sword thing? i tohught i read someone say something about a sith sword. maybe they just meant the the staff, i dunno.

3) i can get the colors on the saber staff to change, but only through trial and error. if i type "sabercolor 1 ___ sabercolor 2 ___" inserting random colors, the 1st blade is the only one that changes, and sometimes the second one just turns a completely different color. am i doin somethin wrong or does everyone have this problem?

comments:

1) on the level where u face alora the second time, right after the light/dark choice, many of u level 3 grip lovers might have noticed that u cant throw her off into the lava. HOWEVER, there is a small glitch here. u are on a four-way walkway, and it creates four corners between each of the catwalks that meet in the center. in the each corner, u can drop her between the pipes into the lava. i discovered this because alora was nice enough to do it herself for me at one point :).

2) a trick i learned during hours of boredom spent with my JO game... by using the noclip code and a bit of searching, u can find seperate rooms off to the side of the level for the cutscenes. on the yavin_final level, where you fight desann, you can find both the room at the academy and the courtyard if you look. anyway, if you use noclip to get into one of these rooms, you can have a bit of fun. use npc spawn and add some spice to the room: shadowtroopers, reborn, rocket troopers, even a few tavions and desanns if you'd like. when ur satisfied, use noclip and head back to where you were, complete the level, and watch your new cutscene. ;) this also works in rooms that are both in the game and involved with cutscenes. here are some results that ive had:

1. carin docking bay level - jo: spawned 2 additional desanns with dismemberment on the catwalk where he and luke fight. they beheaded him within about 3 seconds and started saber taunting me.

2. yavin final level - jo: spawned a colorful assortment of enemies in the courtyard. kyle and jan ran into them, got thrown off, and kissed eachother's wrists.

3. final korriban level - ja: spawned a mutated rancor in the room with the tavion fight and ran to the other side. not only did it eat her, but when the cutscene started and ragnos left her body, the rancor ate him too in mid-speech! :p

3) for anyone who cares, u can spawn ragnos using "npc spawn ragnos" (DUH! :p). he doesnt do anything except fire a blaster at you and scream, and since he has no real body, its just shows an inanimate spirit guy firing lasers from somewhere around his crotch :p.

4) when u possess an enemy jedi with mind trick 4, u can change his saber color. desann with a purple blade really takes a little edge off his apperance ;).

• Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
      Maybe this has already been asked and answered, but...

How do I spawn vehicles?
      I've tried, but can't get it to work.

Can someone show me an example of what it should look like when I enter one?

Oh, and one more thing, what does "god mode" do?

• alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
      It has, but I'll repeat it because I'm so nice.

The command is "npc spawn vehicle xxxxx"

Replace the x's with any of the following:

tie-fighter
      tie-bomber
      x-wing
      z-95
      lambdashuttle
      atst_vehicle
      tauntaun
      swoop
      wampa_vehicle
      rancor_vehicle
      mutant_rancor

They're all pretty obvious, if I do say so myself.

The AT-ST can't attack, though it's quite hilarious to see it laying down on its side and then get back up again. Maybe the construction yards decided to pull a prank on General Veers for April Fool's Day and make an AT-ST out of Flubber.

Also, just in case you missed it, type Setforceall 9 to max out every single Force power and give you the ability to possess people with Mind Trick. Even Tavion. You can do it to anyone.

God mode makes you invincible. Nothing will damage you. Ever. Except rancors eating you. That still kills you. And I think crushing might do something. Falling down pits in the fine tradition of Mario games also doesn't help your health. But no weapon or Force power will harm you.

I downloaded the Zeus Jedi Academy Ladder. It was awesome. I managed to beat it honestly up through these two New Reborn with both light and dark side powers. Not only were they damn good saber fighters, they were FAST. And durable. And had healing powers and Force Protect. It was insane. I finally just decided to cheat. I turned on god mode and hacked them unmercifully to pieces. After that, it throws like 8 Jawas with lightsabers at you. No WAY I would've beaten that without cheating.

When I say that, consider that all the Jawas have Force powers, too, and they're even faster. You'll be getting like 8 streams of Force Lightning, Drain, and Choke thrown at you at once.

After that is 2 rancors. Yes, 2. And you have to kill them. Fortunately, you get help. But they ate all of my other Jedi, so I spawned Luke and Kyle to help me. After THAT, only one challenge remained. Alora came at me full-force.

So I spawned a rancor and it ate her.

WHEE!!! I won!

The only reason I say all of this is because it is in no way easy just because I just told you all that. If you can beat that ladder honestly on Jedi Knight difficulty level, which is what I used, tell me.

If you can do it on Jedi Master honestly, I will never believe anything you say again.

Be careful what you type in. You can spawn people with this command:

npc spawn xxxxx

Replace the x's with any of the following, and a few that I forgot:

luke
      kyle
      rancor
      desann
      tavion
      tavion_possessed (if it doesn't work, flip the 2 words cuz I forgot)
      rosh
      ragnos

If you spawn Desann, Tavion, or Ragnos, they'll try to kill you. If you spawn a rancor, it'll try to kill EVERYONE.

• RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
      ok, I am as mad as heck!!!!!!
      I cannot get codes working on my game!
      I've tried devmapall
      +devmapall
      helpus obi 1, helpusobi 1 +helpusobi 1 and Nothing works!!!!!!!
      do I do the helpus obi 1 thing and the code or helpus obi 1 enter and then the code?
      could I have some quick help?
      thanks

• RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
      help please!!!!!

• jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
      Console ( ~ )

type

devmap mapname

where the map name is like t3_rift etc (from your savegames)

Then the map loads, and the cheats will work.

• Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
      I got the dismemberment things to work with jaconfig, the shortcut method, etc. But they only work on the first enemy and then doesn't work for the next ones. Sometimes the player character is sliced in half but the enemies killed before aren't. This only happens in later levels though.

• Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
      I've played through it twice now (the latest time with cheats) and ohhhh, the fun!

I did notice that even with the dismemberment shortcut used, not all of the baddies get gibbletted. I think that's much better... Rather than piece-mealing everyone indiscrinately, you get the few who just get jabbed, poked, prodded, and otherwise gaped by the lightsaber.

Here are some screen shots from my [mis]adventures... ;)

[image=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sun_of_nils2/shot0007.jpg]
      Hey, ,I know Kung Fu!!

[image=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sun_of_nils2/shot0049.jpg]
      An expert lightsaber throw... from the bad guy!

[image=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sun_of_nils2/shot0077.jpg]
      You gotta watch those staionary walls!

[image=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sun_of_nils2/shot0091.jpg]
      That "I'm going to knock your block off" threat should have been taken more seriously.

• Regan21286

Oct 18, 2003
      Well, I need to find out how to un-"write protect" the g_Sabermorerealistic script. Has anyone been successful in doing this or is there already a mod for this?

• bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
      Create a shortcut to single player on your desktop. Shortcut to jasp.exe or similar

Right click and choose properties. In the target field add the following statement AFTER the quotes.

+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Then you can play with the settings in game.

• Regan21286

Oct 18, 2003
      I don't think that works, I tried it already but only the player character gets sliced up. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

• bliv

Mar 23, 2002
      It works I can assure you.

Enter that then go into the console in game and type the following.

g_saberrealisticcombat 2

Try........

• Regan21286

Oct 18, 2003
      Still got the write protected message.

• bliv

Mar 23, 2002
      Not g_sabermorerealistic

but g_saberrealisticcombat

The top thingy is sorted and will not require editing in the console.

• Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
      There's a mod you can download that does not make sabers more powerful, but will include all dismemberment instead of just hands when a dismemberment roll (a D&D term for lack of a better word) happens.

I don't like super realistic sabers, as the game is too easy then. But I do enjoy seeing someone's head roll every now and then. It was the perfect mod. I will have to try and find it again.

Found it. Here it is. If you want dismemberment without the extra damage, this is the way to go. :D And since it's a mod, all you have to do is place it in the right directory and it voila! It works automatically. No typing or anything!

-Jomero

• Regan21286

Oct 18, 2003
      That works to a point. But the enemy-player dismemberment ratio is way too skewed against the player.

• RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
      how do you do codes in MP?
      And for the iknowkungfu code, is there a method to get you character to play crack the whip with the bods?
      or does it just do that sometimes and the punch out other times?

• bliv

Mar 23, 2002
      Mouse 1 - Punch
      Mouse 2 - Kick
      W + Mouse 1 + Mouse 2 - The whip move
      S + Mouse 1 + Mouse 2 - Grab and throw (good for ledges)
      Mouse 1 + Mouse 2 - 3 Punch combo

• RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
      sweet.
      thanks

• bliv

Mar 23, 2002
      As for multiplayer codes.

You need to be playing on a server with cheats enabled.

Or start your own and play against bots. Open the console and type:

devmap <enter map path here>

Then cheats should be enabled. /god, /noclip etc.

• DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
      Hey,

I am relatively new with Academy.

How do you get to use the double-bladed lightsaber early in the game. What cheat do you type in the console?

Thanks in advance :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.