main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast / Jedi Academy: Cheats, Codes, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Horn

Jedi_Horn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    does the dual saber cod (/the destroyer) only work in MP? or in the real game?

2. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    anyone know any for the xbox version?

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Or the Gamecube version for that matter?

I hear the guide won't be out till December 15th...

Codes! I need Gamecube codes!!!!

:)

4. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey
    I have one question.
    In Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast I want to use a skin in Single player mode.
    If anybody knows the answer please post it and tell me everything I have to download and how to.
    Thanks!

5. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    If somebody could please answer my question about skins in single player that would be great! :)

6. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    for game cube codes i know 2 #1 is CHERRY this gives yo the first 7 levels and #2 is
    PEEPS this give you all the people for jedi arena

7. Bono

Bono Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Here's what I've found so far for XBOX:

CHERRY - Unlock 7 Single Player Levels
    FLICKY - Unlock All Movies
    PEEPS - Unlock MP characters

Anybody else know some other ones, I'll be glad to hear.

8. Yesac

Yesac Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2002
    Does anyone know if its possible to use "hax" or "cogs" in JK2?

These came from JK1, the files used to control various aspects of them game were called xxx.cog and all stored in this big compressed files.

The cog file for say force jump would be forcejump.cog

It was found you could extract these cog files, and edit them, the birth of Modifications.

---Every cog file has a set amount of characters. When you join a game, the engine checks your files against the servers, you have to match up and be equal---

It was also found if you could keep the _exact_ number of characters in the edited cogs as the orginal, you could use the edited cog in a game where no one else had it hence the name Hax. Because people thought you were cheating, or hacking the game

This lead to many amazing things. They could get very nasty.

These hax ranged from, invincible, invisble, flying, walk through walls to very malcious hax which made the game no fun to play.

One type of cog called a "fade" exploited a simple bug that when you used a force power that targeted someone (blind, grip ect) instead of blinding or gripping them it would make the computer think the victim had fallen off a cliff (you know it fades black and you die) even if their were no cliffs nearby.

another, one called "delete" simply caused your game to crash and freeze completly.

Other, such ones as "God weapons" (instant kill) appeared, normally these had a lot of flash, mabye shooting lots of conc blasts, force destruction blasts and lighting, though it was all for show.

One of my personal favorite "Hax" was the Jail cog, when activated it put a force protection sphere around the victim and lifted them up so they were hovering, they were stuck there and couldn't get out and couldn't die.

Another type of cogs were build cogs. These ones not refered to as Hax (Hax were malcious cogs). These buildign cogs, spawned items! Everything from bacta tanks, weapons, to walls doors and tamps!

their were "build" games on the zone, where everyone would get out their build cogs and build things! Great fun!

Hacking clans were formed which dedicated their time to inventing the coolest hack out there. Many of them took great respect in what they did, and they would never ruin a non hacking game as that was considered lame and noone liked you. The fun part was not anyone oculd make a cog, you had to know the basics of programming, this is what probably kept cogging under control.. because not just anyone could make a super duper cog that matched the exact number of characters.
    Though in the end a few months before the release of JK2 a clan developed a Checksum killer(checksum was the error you got when your cog files didn't match), you no longer had to get the exact number of characters..all hell broke lose.

Yes I admit I was a cogger, and I made quite a few cogs myself. Thats what made the game stay alive for SO long (from release till jk2) was the cogs (for me) and for others (non-coggers) the legitimate mods out there that made the game so much more fun to play.

Those were the good days, when EVERY aspect of the game was editable!

er yea sorry for rambling on, just got lost in old memories.. heh

9. Bono

Bono Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Here's a new one:

BISCUIT - Unlimited ammo

10. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    any invulnerably cheats yet?

for xbox that is.

11. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    How about a "maximum dismemberment" type code for X-Box? I know there was apparently one for the PC version.

Yeah, I realize that word on the streets was that the dismemberment thing would be nixed for the console versions, but I've been lopping off the occasional arm and/or hand on the X-Box version. Makes me wonder if they kept the "realistic saber" code as well.

12. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm having a little problem with the Multi-player codes. Everytime I type devmap and the map's name it keeps taking me back to the main menu saying error. Can somebody tell me what to do to stop this error from happening and how to make this devmap code work?

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Skimaniac87, I'll answer your question.

I haven't played in a long time so this may be a little off.

To use a skin in single player, you need to download a mod, try Jedi Knight II.net

When you download a skin, that is for Multiplayer, not Single Player, you need to download a mod, I haven't seen one for Obi-Wan, but maybe there is. There is a mod section at the link I've given you.

You asked earlier if you played as Obi-Wan would you have a lightsaber from the beginning, no. You will have the weapons Kyle has from the start.

There is an all-weapons cheat if you want to use a lightsaber from the start (as I did) I can't remember it right now but it's on the webpage that I gave you a link to.

If any of this is wrong I'm sure somebody will correct me.

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    OK, looks like this thread can now be turned over to the Console Ports...

Here's what was posted in this thread;

Darth_Digital provided;

FLICKY = Movies

PEEPS = Character Bios and access.

CHERRY = First seven levels.

Yodaminch provided;

Don't know if you have these so here:

Have Lightsaber From Beginning
    Go to the Extras menu and then the Cheats screen. Then enter the code FUDGE. This way, you won't have to wait to get a lightsaber until later in the game.

Infinite Health
    Go to the Extras menu and then the Cheats screen. Enter the code BUBBLE to have infinite health.

Unfortunately I haven't tried these so they might be fake

15. gedi

gedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2002
    thanks jp-30 ive just tried them on my game cube and they work. does any one no of a code for all force powers on the game cube.

16. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
  17. gedi

gedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2002
    i just killed dessan on the gc and theres an extra level after yavin final battle. is this a gc only level as the pc guide book i have mentions nothing about it.

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It may be the level as seen in the PC demo.

19. g-blatt

g-blatt Jedi Master star 2

Aug 5, 2002
    Hi i'm having a proplem with this map, evrey time I try to play it it'll just take me back to the main menu. Help!

Also I've resently downloded OmniMOD and I wan't to know: how do you change the size of models, make them sit, how to get the jetpack working and stuf like that.
    also whats Jedi vs. Maric mode?

20. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Is there a SaberRealistic COde for Gamecube??

21. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Is there a code to unlock all the arena levels on X-Box? I have one in the list that is locked.

22. g-blatt

g-blatt Jedi Master star 2

Aug 5, 2002
    Was my last post of topic?

I'm sorry, this OmniMOD/Jediplus/JediMOD stuff is just really confusing ?[face_plain]

23. alexdomsky

alexdomsky Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    This will defenately help. If you have a computer push: SHIFT and ~ (~ is the button to the left of the 1). After that type in helpusobi 1 or devmapall. Then type in one of the following:

Invincable: God
    Invisible: Notarget
    Walk through walls: Noclip
    Cut people in half, cut arms, legs, heads etc... off: g_saberrealisticcombat 3
    Improve g_saberrealisticcombat 3: g_saberrealisticcombat 3 the after you enter that code, cg_bits
    Give all weapons, health, items and armor: Give all
    Full health: Give health
    Full armor: Give armor
    Give all force: setforceall 1 (for level 1),setforceall 2 (for level 20, setforceall 3 (for level 3) or setforceall 9( for the best)
    999 health: Undying
    Drive an atst: drive_atst
    bind a key: Bind <key> <command> (if I want god mode to be on every time I'd enter bind g god

E-mail me at alexdomsky for kore

24. alexdomsky

Feb 3, 2003
    This will defenately help. If you have a computer push: SHIFT and ~ (~ is the button to the left of the 1). After that type in helpusobi 1 or devmapall. Then type in one of the following:

Improve g_saberrealisticcombat 3: g_saberrealisticcombat 3 the after you enter that code, cg_bits
    Give all force: setforceall 1 (for level 1),setforceall 2 (for level 20, setforceall 3 (for level 3) or setforceall 9( for the best)
    bind a key: Bind <key> <command> (if I want god mode to be on every time I'd enter bind g god

E-mail me at alexdomsky for more

25. alexdomsky

Feb 3, 2003

Give all force: setforceall 1 (for level 1),setforceall 2 (for level 2), setforceall 3 (for level 3) or setforceall 9( for the best)

E-mail me at alexdomsky with "Jedi Outcast Codes" in the subject for more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.