main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast / Jedi Academy: Cheats, Codes, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    shhhh! thats piracy. Since it hasn't come out yet, any talk about it other than demo stuff is cosidered bootleging. ;)

2. TitanTheo

TitanTheo Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Does anyone know some new cheats for JA, I know the basic ones work such as give all, god, setforceall, etc. But are there any new ones worth trying?

3. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I couldnt get the g_saberrealisticcombat #
    to work at all. Anyone else have any luck?

Master Mishima

4. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    Same here. I want to dismember people!

8-}

5. TitanTheo

TitanTheo Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Same also, somethign tells me they didnt put it in the demo, I have no doubt that our favorite cheat ever was taken out, The folks at LA arent THAT bad,lol
    I still havent found any exclusive cheats, still looking...

6. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    npc spawn vehicle 'xxxxxx'

Replace 'xxxxxx' with any of the following

tie-fighter
    tie-bomber
    x-wing
    z-95
    lambdashuttle
    atst_vehicle
    tauntaun
    swoop
    wampa_vehicle
    rancor_vehicle

All can be user controlled in the same way as in game vehicles. Unfortunately there are quite a few issues here.

All of the ships move pretty fast and I can't say that there are many maps with large enough open spaces to support them.

The ATST can't attack from some reason.

The Rancor is like the TaunTaun except you are a mile up so the saber is useless. Looks awesome though.

7. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I played it with the saberrealisticcombat, and while it was toned down compared to Outcast, it's still fun... (I just regret that it allows so easy Jedi kills, and that your allies can so easily be killed by your saber. Kinda kills the experience... But slicing troopers is way too fun. :) )

It seems you have to enter a percentage : g_saberrealisticcombat 50 is more effective than g_saberrealisticcombat 1, I noticed.

Thanks for the spawn list, I'm gonna try that.

EDIT : Tried it, too bad you can't attack with most of those (at least I couldn't on the swoop trip map). Rancor riding looks awesome. In the AT-ST, it was not the head that tilted up/down, but the whole vehicle... Quite weird to be able to make your own AT-ST lay flat on the ground and then back up...

Oh, and... Wampa ride !

[image=http://www.pxart.com/starwars/img/shot0001.jpg]

8. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Damn, wanted to post a pic with BobaFett half eaten after a encounter with a Rancor.

Yahoo wouldnt show the image.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    For some reason, my guy gets right off the wampa when you try to get on. The same thing happened on the rancor on the first try, but it worked fine on the second try.

What's the npc name for the mutated rancor?

10. bliv

Mar 23, 2002
    If it's a ridable one you are after then I don't think there is one.

11. Labria_uk

Aug 18, 2000
    Easy

mutant_rancor

12. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    For the ridable wampa, IIRC you have to jump on it to ride it instead of pressing the "use" key. I haven't tried it myself though. Let us know if that works...

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Labria_uk and Prime_: Thanks! Both of those worked. Although for some reason I clip through the wampa when riding it.

14. Labria_uk

Aug 18, 2000
    Never had any problem riding the Wampa it was cool. Driving the Tie Fighter was cool, as apposed to the swoop where its best to set your mouse to very sensitive. Having those settings with a Tie-Fighter makes it hypersensitive and end up crashing it everywhere.. Odd thing is in SP you cant use its weapons...
    You know the mission with the Sand worms where you have to grab the ship parts, using that to practice on a tie fighter would be cool.

15. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    Using the Sith Sword is amazingly fun. Too fun perhaps.

16. Frraksurred

Frraksurred Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
    Some tips and a few questions.

Setforceall 9 not only gives you two additional saber styles, it also lets you possess people using mindtrick (you take over their bodies for about 30 seconds).

JA changed the g_seberrealisticcombat 1 to include degrees of greater damage. Now instead of puting 1 at the end you can go to 20 although it's not as dismemberment happy as JO was.

K, questions...

I'd like to find a script to record demo's in SP. Any ideas?

Is there a code to bind dual sabers and the saber staff to a key yet? I found "seta g_saber_type "staff" in the config file after I'd gotten to teir 3 and choose the staff, but I can't find the dual saber code.

I'd love to do a demo spanking multiple Ragnos Disc. while switching saber types and colors (just for the fun of it). It's so fun picking them up and repeatedly tossing them into a wall... and they just take it, they don't get more irritated! LOL! Really, if you dispatch 4 dark jedi wouldn't the lone trooper who's left be freaking out with panic? Nope, he just stands there and fires off a shot ever 2 seconds or so. AI, we need AI!

17. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    I din't see anything in the manual covering codes. Where do I go to enter them?

18. bliv

Mar 23, 2002
    Press shift and tilde (the key at the top left of the keyboard next to the 1 key).

This opens the console. Type helpusobi 1 to allows cheats and some of the better codes.

19. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    That mind control thing is the coolest thing ever.

-Paul

20. Frraksurred

Feb 27, 2003
    Well I did some digging and found the answer to one of my own questions (binding dual saber and saber staff to keys). You can bind the following codes to keys:

Saber single_<1-9> (gives you single saber with hilt relative to number you use. i.e. "saber single 1" would give you the Arbiter hilt)

Saber single_<1-9> single_<1-9> (gives you 2 sabers, again with their respective hilts depending on what number you use)

Saber dual_<1-5> (saber staff with respective hilt)

For more fun you can change colors, bind:

Sabercolor 1 <color> (changes single saber color)

Sabercolor 2 <color> (changes second saber-the one in your left hand)

Sabercolor <color> <color> (changes staff colors, first is top, second is bottom)

These are the colors JA/JO recognize: Blue, Orange, Red, Yellow, Green and Purple. If you type in Tope with chantelle pokka dots you will get a lovely error message. ;)

If you're playing thru the game your first time, finish it before you start using these codes, you'll get considerably more enjoyment out of it. Now your second time around... :D

21. Frraksurred

Feb 27, 2003
    Oops, double post. :p

I'd still love to find a script to record demos in SP. The usual demo commands (record <name>, stoprecord and demo <name>) only work in MP, and the one script I found (by TF_BioHazard; TeamFusion.org) didn't work in SP either (worked awesome in MP with no performance hit!).

If anyone knows of where I could find one I'd greatly appreciate it.

For now, I must return to sharpening my light saber...

22. Banderon

Banderon Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Argh! I can't get the saber realistic combat thinger to work.

I type SHIFT+~, get to the console, type "helpusobi 1".

Now, what do I do next? I've read different things: the # is a %, the # is up to 20, etc.

I've tried all of these so far:

g_saberrealisticcombat 1
    g_saberrealisticcombat 20
    g_saberrealisticcombat 100

"set " in front of all of them
    all of them without the "g_" in front
    all of them with "set " without the "g_" in front

....ARGH!!

I still don't notice any difference from the normal game. Maybe, once every 5-6 kills, I lop off an arm. That's it. I still have to strike ordinary enemies sometimes 2-3 times before they die.

The funnest part of JO for me was just running around, slicing everyone up. I liked that if I bumped into someone, they got cut up. Now I can't get it to work in JA.

Any help?

23. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    A question:

I've heard so many reports that the cheats for Outcast works for JA. Has anyone tried using the "g_" cheats (besides the sabercombat)? I'm referring specifically to:
    g_saberthrow <0-90000>
    g_choke <90000>
    g_lightning <0-90000>
    g_speed <0-90000>
    g_knockback <0-90000>

Just curious. After I completed Outcast, it was so much fun throwin' the baddies every which way with that uber-hyped "knockback".

;)

And come to think of it (going back to Outcast for a secong), what did
    setforceall 1138
    actually do, and has anyone found it in JA?

And Banderon, have you tried using devmapall instead of helpusobi 1 to open up the cheats and use the hack-n-slash mode? Also, maybe try typing in g_dismemberment 1, then g_saberrealisticcombat <1-20>. The former enables dismemberment in configuration if for some reason it's disabled.

24. Banderon

Banderon Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Just tried it. No change. Cheat mode IS active... i typed "god" and that worked. But g_dismemberment 1 and g_saberrealisticcombat 20 did nothing.

I'm in the Hutt's betting place right now, and those guys that punch me, it takes me like 3 slashes to kill one. Any more advice, people?

25. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah, toss out what I said before with the rest of the refuse. I uninstalled it (don't ask) and reinstalled last night... Every once in a while, if I continually and quickly hack and fillet, I'll get an arm or even a hand. Otherwise... no dismemberment! I tried all of my advice, and everyone else's from here. Any other ideas???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.