main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: My Opinion. Yours?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BroodMcEto, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I really enjoy this game a whole heck of a lot. I think it's the best thing that LucasArts has put out in a long damned time. I think it's the best non-space simulation they've put out. I think just about everything is excellent, except for some personal preferences. Others agree too, I think....

My biggest problem with this game (online) isn't the game itself. It's the people that play it. I usually go to a FREE FOR ALL game because that's fun. The name says it all, 'anything goes' but people cry and whine about this and that. Granted, I don't like being killed while adjusting my settings, and I don't like being killed while typing messages, but guess what, it's a free for all and so what if I have to respawn?

Now, we have clans. Whopee. More people who want to enforce their views on other players. More power to them. I hate joining these servers. Upon entering the game, you see anywhere from 6-10 people watching two people duel. If you dare to ignite your saber and slash a player or two, they put you to sleep and force you to abide by their rules. (which, by the way there is the 'duel' mode in online play) These clans are so un-fun it's un-funny.

What I think is funny is that these 'clan servers' enforce their rules on me (and for the most part, I abide by their rules while I'm on there server) and they think they're all high and mighty, but in reality, I couldn't care any less. Guess what? Not going to that server.

But my biggest problem is that more and more servers are going to a 'saber-only, no force powers' type server. This really limits the game. Yes, what makes this game stand out from other FPSs is that you can fight with a saber. It is really cool. But, ever just want to blast away on others? You can't on most servers, because it's 'gay' or 'lame.'

Man, the players are making this game too lame. Most of the time the so-called 'clans' who have their rules only enforce the rules on certain players. Some players get away with breaking their rules, but they tend to be selective with who's getting away with what.

Anarchy is best on this game, I think.

Anyone got a list of 'fun' servers that still allow full force powers, weapons, sabers and killing? The only one I know of right now is the POO server, but it's starting to get a little 'respectable' with the killing.

It's a shame that with all the effort put into the below post, an extra minute couldn't have been found to actually provide the link to the existing thread.

At any rate I would invite you to repost these thoughts in this thread;

Jedi Outcast: General Discussion

Thanks.

2. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.easyalert.com/police.gif]
    Officer Steve of the redundant police says: "This thread is in direct violation of the JC Games redundancy policy. This thread is to be locked and discussion redirected to the official JO thread. Now move along, citizen. Theres nothing to see here.
    :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) i(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\::::i
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.