main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: Post your custom skin requests here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I meant screenies on review sites etc.

You can get them if your PC has video-in of course.

If you have a digital camera, sure give it a go...

2. Anakin751138

Anakin751138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Not to be a pest but any progress on the Anakin Solo skin? PLease let me know.

Anakin

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    No. I'm still working on Nom Anor. Anakin is a few down the list.

If anyone else wants to assist though (remember that tutorial I wrote?) :p , let us know!

4. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    Unfortunately, the best pics of Komari are in the last two cutscenes, which no review site seems to be showing, probably because they contain spoilers. And I don't have a digital camera or a video-in link. :(

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    OK, Mr Anakin751138... I was getting frustrated with the skin maps of the custom models I'm considering for Nom Anor so I took a break from that tonight, and had a quick play around with an Anakin Solo design for you.

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/skins/anakinsolo-jp.jpg]
    [click to enlarge]

Now bear in mind this is someone else's custom JO model I've reskinned, and I haven't asked permission to re-skin it yet. Now I have that image above to show the author of the model what I intend doing, that will be my next step.

If the reskin request is declined, I'll have to go and find a new model to try the skin on, and I'll probably just go with a default (Raven) one.

The skinjob I did is rather rough. A bit of work is needed in the seams and edges, and the face and hair need a lot of refinement.

But it should give you an indication of the direction it's taking, and feedback is welcomed. I couldn't get the parting over to one side, due to the way the model's skin is wrapped, sorry. Next time I work on it I'll get that hair flopping forward above his left eye, though.

:)

Ideally this skin would be played utilising one of the enhancement mods like "jedimod" and would be resized to, say, 75% to 85%.

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Next time I work on it I'll get that hair flopping forward above his left eye, though.

I think, JP, you'll find it's his Right eye. :)

Looks good for just a mock test though. That first pic of Ani Solo (far left) looks slightly like Han.

(NB: This could just be me. :p)

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > I think, JP, you'll find it's his Right eye.

[face_blush]

> Looks good for just a mock test though. That first pic of Ani Solo (far left) looks slightly like Han.

Good spotting. The skin is placed over the Han Solo model. :) Anyway the character is Han's son, so it's a "family resemblance". ;)

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, I was thinking it's possibly too good to be just "family resemblance". I didn't think that reskinning a model kept certain "facial features" or whatever in. But I spose you said earlier about Bex wanting a female LOTR skin that skinning Jan - all reskins look asian.

But still, Ani Solo looks good enough to play with now, and it's only in first stages. :)

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, it's all down to the detail of the model. The Custom Han one has Harrison Ford's face shape near perfect. Likewise Jan has very distinctive asian features. You can paste whatever skin over the model, but the shape of the model really does effect how the skin sits & looks.

It works well for Anakin Solo, where certain angles really show his dad's features.

And thanks for the compliment regarding its playability, Mark. :)

Anyway, where's that guy requested it?
    He hasn't read his PM yet, though the PM function is erratic at the moment.

All that thread upping, and nothing since! I'm awaiting his comments before progressing - though I should get on to asking the modeller if what I'm doing is OK.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Awwright. Major Clod's OK'd his Han model for me to use on the Anakin Solo skin.

11. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    How about a Neo skin? or perhaps and Agent Smith skin?

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, I know Neo is in the works, somewhere in the jediknightii.net forums. And I'm more interested in SW based skins.

You could always try your hand at skinning yourself using my tutorial. The Blade model could be appropriate...

[image=http://www.gamingfiles.com/screenshots/7/files2/9726_3.jpg]

13. kowikan_monkey

Oct 2, 2001
  14. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Yareal Poof with Four Arms or A Kmainoan with Two!!! Hopefully to scale...

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You're getting skins confused with models.

At this stage, modelling isn't an option.

16. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    What's the Difference? Is it Simply because of the Shapes? I've seen Little Yoda's and Two Sabers, but they cannot figure away to make long necks a flyin'?

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > but they cannot figure away to make long necks a flyin'?

They can. I can't.

And it's me, not them volunteering to make skins for the people who play on the TFn server. :D

Anyway, been working on the face for Anakin Solo;

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/skins/faceanikinsolo.jpg]

Made the face by getting a picture of Harrison Ford and smoothing out his wrinkles and face-lines, then fading a picture of Carrie Fisher in over the top, and blending the two together. :D

18. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    wowzers......thats....art. Great work JP!

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  20. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Thanks for the Clarification.... What does it take to be able to build mods instead of skins.... ANyone Posting here know how to do it??

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It takes a $4,500 piece of software, 3D Studio Max.

If anyone here can do it, they're keeping quiet.

Plenty of info on how to do modelling at jediknightii.net, especially in their forums.

You are aware there's a regular old 2 armed Yarael Poof model / skin available, don't you?

22. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I had no Idea.... I'd loveto see a picture of it if you have it....

Could you skin Poof to make a Kaminoan??

23. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    It doesn't take a freaking 4,500 program! Blender can do it, and it's free! I could make models, and I know there's a way to convert them, but I'm too busy to do it.

¤Night

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    As of right now, you cannot get a JO character model in-game without 3D Studio Max.

Sure you can make a model in Blender or GMax or Milkshape whatever, but then you've got to go find some kind soul to import it into 3DSM to tag the bones and weight it and then export it for JO.

As for Yarael Poof model, check the latter pages of this thread for a screenshot & download link;

Jedi Outcast: Mods, Levels, Skins etc.

25. kowikan_monkey

Oct 2, 2001
    Ifu want to make models, and you have blender, then for tutorials or tips go to blenderwars.com, it really helped me...but since i suck at art...yeah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.