main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Knight1192, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, I've got a question that doesn't really concern playing the game. I know we've talked about games where your character can be light side or dark side and the offical stance is that the light side story line is the actual one. Ok, that's easy to follow. But what I'm looking at is what the offical stance on Jaden's sex and species would be. I'm pretty sure we discussed this sometime last year or so, but I don't remember wat was said. Can anyone help me?

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, Dan Wallace has said that LFL's typical stance on things like that is usually Male, and Lightside ending.

But he tries to keep the male/female thing ambiguous in his work ( such as in the New Essential Chronology, due later this year ) so as to not dissuade the feelings of passionate gamers. :p

3. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    From what I've heard in here, the really passionate gamers could care less about the EU and how the games pertain to it. I love to play the games and I'm not going to care if I'm not following the offical stance or not. But I would like to know what it is in this case as I'm looking to do something outside the game that would include Jaden, a little fan project. Kinda need to know what the offical stance would be on his gender and species. Right now with what you provided Strum, I've got Male and light sider. That's a help. Now I just need to know if I'm looking at a human male, a Rodian male, or a Kel Dor male.

4. ROGUE_5

ROGUE_5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    Jaden seems like it would be an EU human name to me.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Then you're asking about Jedi Academy, not Outcast. :p

6. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The guy on the back of the box, probably. Default clothes, brown hair. Two blue Sentinal lightsabers.

7. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    You're right, Excellence. Meant JA and typed JO, will have to change the title if possible.

8. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I always though it was possible that the pic in the fourth Hoth Planet Hoppers series could be the offical version:

[image=http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/starwars/downed_walker.jpg]

But we already have too many Twi'lek Jedi...

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The real Jaden is my Jaden :p ;) :D [:D]

I started a thread on this five or six months ago, it eems that the canon Jaden is lightside version of the guy on the back of the box. Man, i hate that guy. He's creepy :p Plus I think darkside should be canon ;) :p [face_devil] :D

I assure you that if and when they make Jedi Knight 4, they will make darkside canon. They call me crazy! I'm not crazy! I'm the only one that's not crazy! You'll see. you'll all see! :p

;) :p 8-}

10. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    If you play Jedi Knight on PC and put in the God Mode cheat, Kyle Katarn will jump out of the monitor, punch you in the face, call you a pussy for cheating, and steal every bag of potato chips you have.

11. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I assure you that if and when they make Jedi Knight 4, they will make darkside canon. They call me crazy! I'm not crazy! I'm the only one that's not crazy! You'll see. you'll all see!

You've got it all wrong. You're supposed to say "Yeah I'm crazy, but that's ok cause everyone else in the world is insane so I'm the only sane one around." That's my personal motto, especially since being crazy doesn't have to mean you're insane. Plenty of sane people do crazy things everyday.

So you say the guy on the back of the box is what Jaden is supposed to look like offically? Clothes suck, but apparently I chose the "offical" Jaden to use as my onscreen appearance. Doesn't really matter though, at least I've got something for my project. Thanks eveyone.

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000

Ahem. You mean Dark Forces V...

13. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    No, he means Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV: Jedi Outcast III: Jedi Academy II: Jedi _______.

14. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    That would be the long title.

15. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Technically, it would still be Dark Forces IV :p

Even though Dark Forces ended with Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith...

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Almost as long as Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six: Rogue Spear: Black Thorn

17. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Dark Forces has almost always been Kyle's tale, so technically, it hasn't ended yet. Jedi Academy may be more Jaden's tale, but who is Jaden, after all, if not Kyle's apprentice. And we do get an idea of what is happening to Kyle at this time. About the only way for Dark Forces to end is for us to have another game like JA where we see Kyle get killed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.