Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Praise the lord.

I just wish you'd installed that patch when I first told you to.

// sigh //

And you should get rid of that one-hit-kill mod if it's an MP cheat.
  2. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight

star 5
    EDIT: Ahem. Scratch that. Turns out I hadn't run the update. [face_blush] Continue about your business good people. :D
  3. Duel_of_the_Fetts Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Does anyone know how I can take screenshots properly? I enabled cheats, then typed in "levelshot" and all it does is create a 256x256 Targa file. I want a full resolution file. The other thing is, it only allows one level shot per level, so I can't take multiple shots, because the most recent one always overwrites the previous one.

I tried "gameshot" but it doesn't even work.

I'm using Jedi Outcast 1.04 on a P4-M 1.6 GHz with Geforce4 440 Go.

I set up some really cool scenes and with the help of timescale, I could have taken some great screenshots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    off the top of my head, pull down the console "~"

Type bind screenshot k

Where "k" is the screenshot key.

Press k to your hearts content and screenshots will save to sequential files in one of the JO directories, as fullscreen JPGs.

5. Duel_of_the_Fetts Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks, that worked! I wonder what "gameshot" is supposed to do because it's listed as a cheat code.
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    It sounds like levelshot is the low res "snapshot" that shows up when you're awaiting a level to load and is also the savegame preview image on the load game screen.
  7. Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is serious I need help getting online. I get on using MSN's Gaming ZOne. The loadup screen says a few numbers and Jedi Outcast at the bottom. Then numbers start going up from Zero. I waited untill it got to 300 and gave up. wtf is wrong!?!
  8. Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    god please help, anyone that has played Jedi Outcast through MSN's Gaming Zone can help me!
  9. Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    omg you guys are screwed up! I know most of you play JO on MSN's Zone! IF YOU DO YOU CAN HELP ME!!!
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    I don't think people really understand your problem.

And people here don't tend to play on the zone, they use the in-game browser to locate active servers.

Also, have you installed the latest patch? If you've not installed a patch, your version may be incompatible with the version of the server the Zone is running.

11. Connemara Jedi Knight

star 6
    *rollseyes* at some of the...people we get in here. :p

Anyway, I don't know if this is a common problem or just me but in the level where you climb into the AT-ST and walk around as it, on Yavin IV...well, I can't get in the thing! I am on the top of it, I hit the sctivate button, for a second I'm in the thing, then it kicks me out and I'm on top, suddenly holding my Bryar pistol (which I wasn't before)

It's really ticking me off!
  12. Jacey_spacy Jedi Youngling

Hi
    Im having trouble installing JK2 and JKA I have had both on my computer before.
    But now it says for JK2 that assets1.pk3 has a problem and in Brackets it says (cycle redundency check) same for JKA but it says assetes0.pk3
  13. Jacey_spacy Jedi Youngling

Hey I have the same problem but with JKA!
    And it is definatly not a copyed version. I got it from a shop.
    Please help, someone!
  14. Night4554 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Are your discs scratched? I searched google, and that's the only thing I came up with.

¤Night
  15. Jacey_spacy Jedi Youngling

No my disks arnt scrached I have cleand them. I only baught JKA about 3 months ago and I havnt used in about 1 month and i keep it in its case. I have no Idea what is wrong with it.
    my dad knows what is wrong because he fixed it before. but he wont be back fopr aaaaageeeess.
  16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, I got a major problem:

Here's the deal. My JKII:JO game won't work at all. I have tried reinstalling it many times, it just won't work. Here's the error message I get:

Low Desktop Color Depth
    It is highly unlikely that a correct windowed display can be initialized with the current desktop display depth. Select 'OK' to try anyway. Select 'Cancel' to try a fullscreen mode instead.

This really sucks!! I tried putting the color depth down to 16 bit from 24, and the error message above didn't come up, but the same one in the subscreen before the game starts with the yellow lettering comes up:
    GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

So, I guess my fav game next to XWA won't be working for a while until I fix this once and for all. I will have the head designer of WinXP's head before I'm done with life. ;)

Can anyone PLEASE help me with this? I haven't played this game in so long I am having withdrawls almost!!! PM me or answer here I guess. Thanks a bunch!
  17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna have to bump this... ;)

Some of my friends at school and other places here think it is a video card problem. Maybe I should see if there are any updates?

It worked for Win ME, not XP though...
  18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, never mind now...

I updated the driver even though it checked out ok before, and the game works awesome now.

Please disregard the top questions.

For all that have this problem:
    Look up your driver info, and go to the appropriate website for it and get the newest download that they have for the driver. Should be easy to install.
  19. Demented-Idiot Jedi Youngling

Ok hi its me Demented-Idiot again..

ok i just did what you said in my topic...i turned all the detail and settings to the lowest..it still gives me the "jk2mp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error

Im waiting for that MP file you said you would send me..ill let you know how it goes
  20. JOE123 Jedi Youngling

yea, i got the same problem, ive tried searching my comp for all leftover files-didnt work:( what should i do??
  21. Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, I need the assistance of another pathetic soul like myself who finds himself getting motion sickness playing FPS games on the PC.

Having played and enjoyed Jedi Outcast on the X-Box awhile back, I picked up a bargain priced PC copy yesterday, figuring it would be a good way for me to try out my new PC gamepad as well as to explore whatever fan-made mods have been created so far. (Okay, and I also wanted to mess around with the "full dismemberment" option, I admit it!)

Problem is, even with the control sensitivity at its absolute muddiest, at least as far as the "options" screen allows, I'm still getting motion sick after a fairly short time playing it. This is something which I don't have a problem with when playing console games, and I think it might be connected with what seems to be a higher basic control sensitivity on PC games. I find myself having to do a lot more zipping around with the crosshairs trying to aim on PC games, for instance, and even looking around seems to be a lot less fluid on PC than it is on console versions.

I re-installed X-Wing Alliance immediately after I got my gamepad (a Saitek P880) and once I cranked the sensitivity down all the way and mapped the main keyboard functions to the gamepad, it worked beautifully. I'm not finding that Jedi Outcast is nearly as easy to set up via the standard options screen. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

)I know, I know... "Take your motion sickness and go back to playing Scrabble, old man!") ;)
  22. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Maybe you would get less motion sickness if the screen moved more smoothly? To achieve this, lower the resolution and tweak some of the grasphics settings.

Also, sit further away from the monitor if possible, so you have more in your peripheral vision that is not moving.
  23. Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I did try to sit as far away from the screen as I could get the gamepad cord to reach, but I kept hearing Groucho Marx's voice saying "Say, does anyone have a spare baboon in their pocket?" ;)

I'll try to tweak the resolution settings, though. Perhaps that will help some. I'm never sure what causes this stupid motion sickness. I never noticed it, through all my years of Doom and Dark Forces playing, until an old roomie of mine installed the original Half-Life. Then suddenly I felt like I'd spent an hour sitting backwards in a moving car reading a book. Man, was I ticked! I've had a problem with FPS games on the PC ever since. But I don't think I've gone back and played any old ones. Maybe you're right, and it's partly the increased level of detail that's doing it. I think it may also be the increased use of the "look around" feature that contributes as well.

But then again, playing console versions on the TV I'm just fine.

Aw, who knows? Thanks for the tips, though!
  24. Bubblewrap_Lover Jedi Youngling

Someone, anyone, I need help! Okay, on level 2, Jedi Outcast, with the mouse droid, the small door (the one that lets you into the room filled with green fumes)won't open! Sorry that this has no relevance to the current conversation, but it's REALLY frustrating!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
  25. Bubblewrap_Lover Jedi Youngling

*sighs* Aaah...So anyone got any ideas on the problem with the small door not opening for the mouse droid in level 2? It's really frustratin I can't go any further in the game...
    Wow, that would suck having motion sickness while playing a game! (Wow, my wit baffles me sometimes *rolls eyes*)I don't know, motion sickness tablets? Lol...
    So can anyone help me with the mouse droid thing? the noclip cheat won't even work because it's not Kyle, it's a droid :S
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.