Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet_Vibes Jedi Padawan

Hmm... Well the name says about it. Once I get a tiny way into the Yavin Swamp level (yavin_swamp) it just, well freezes. I can't play the game for more than 30 seconds at a time!
    Noticing all the foliage was rendered, I tried changing the graphics settings to low resolution ('fastest' on the list) and it doesn't seem to change anything. I'm on Windows XP with a lot of free hard drive space, so I don't see why it shouldn't work... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Violet_Vibes Jedi Padawan

Jedi Outcast- Once I get a tiny way into the Yavin Swamp level (yavin_swamp) it just, well freezes. I can't play the game for more than 30 seconds at a time!
    Noticing all the foliage was rendered, I tried changing the graphics settings to low resolution ('fastest' on the list) and it doesn't seem to change anything. I'm on Windows XP with a lot of free hard drive space, so I don't see why it shouldn't work... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  3. Violet_Vibes Jedi Padawan

Dammit...posted the same message twice...:S
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The rain is a card killer in that level. Turn *All* the settings to minimum before you play it - and I'm assuming you've run the patch?

5. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    What, exactly, are the special saber moves in Jedi Outcast?

I know that on blue blade, you can crouch down and lunge forward, very powerful move. And leap off walls. But I've heard talk you can do all sorts of stuff. Not easy, though, on a keyboard.
  6. TheUnknownSyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't played JK2 for ages but at least in MP, here goes out of my memory...:

Yellow style: Forward+Jump+Attack = You jump in an arc over and behind your enemy and slash down. Lots of potential damage if you time it right. I think you need to have the player under your reticle for it to work.

Red style: Attack,then in mid-swing (just as it starts going forward) forward+attack again. VERY strong attack, potential killer, depends on the version you're playing. Works with any directional attack while using red style, though each has slightly different timing of course.

For both it'll take a while to be able to execute them on the dot, just needs patience and practice.

You can also kick players in the same way you can kick off a wall. (easier, though weaker and doesn't kick them away as far, is a side-kick. just "nudge up" to their side, hold direction and jump)

7. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    The manual gives the Strong (red) special attack as Forward+Attack+Jump when standing still, at ready position.
  8. TheUnknownSyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Probably patch changes then. I'm 100% sure that at some point (and possibly for the final, 1.04 patch) it was done from mid-swing.

Afaik it's only from standing still in JKA.
  9. difuse Jedi Padawan

um well im experiencing the same problem..i got the game and installed a no cd crack..so i wouldnt have to use the cd and i finally found one that works..and when i click on new game it just comes up with that : blah blah blah.....

bad parameter in external weapon data 'firingforce'

i dont have the 1.04 patch installed but when i use the crack with that it says sum thing about this is : version 7 not 6 any one able to help? at all?
  10. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know if this a technical problem, but when I type in the cheat console and then a code, it says something like "not recognized on this server" but keep in mind this in Single Player mode
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.