main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol-Gil

Ol-Gil Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    Finished SP, great game.

But, I'm a bit confused. In SP only, none of the sky textures show up. I've got all video properties maxed out [and I've got the specs to handle it, see below], but all I see is a big flat piece of yellow. I've also tried dumbing all the graphics down, still no luck.

I'm running Win2k with a 1200 processor, a 64 MB GeForce3, with 1024 RAM.

I can see the skies in all their glory in MP, but no good in single.

It happens in a few other places, too, such as *spoiler* in what I hear is a sort of "Force mirror" before you face Desann. That's just a yellow flat plane, too. *spoiler*

Any ideas?

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    the game runs sweet on my system except for a few glitches i notice... in the cut scences or when i'm holding the saber in 3rd person, the textures on my body are all weird, like they are see through and glitch on and off... other than that the game runs sweet.

3. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I used to have a problem that sounds like that with Q3A. Make sure you have the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.

4. HotsForTahiri77

HotsForTahiri77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    I HAVE A TECH PROB!!!!1I DONT HAVE THE GAME YET

5. Thrawn05

Thrawn05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2000
    Thanks Azeem.

PreacherBoy: It came with the computer, and I usual have to worry about somthing else then a new video card. My comp is about 3 years (p3 550Mhz), and I don't plan on getting a new one (until I see 10GHz).

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Guys, this may sound dumb, but how do you create a player "name" in JO? Since my bro and I are both going to be playing the game, we'd like to have 2 different "players" (like in JK). We can't figure out how to do this, any ideas? :confused:

Oh, and does anyone know how to turn FSAA on? (Dan said I should be able to do it in the game).

Thank you. :)

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Yoda's Help Desk is now up
    go to

http://support.lucasarts.com/yoda/start.htm

SEYA

8. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Yoda's Help Desk is now up for jedi outcast
    go to

http://support.lucasarts.com/yoda/start.htm

SEYA

9. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Sithman, this game doesn't allow you to create player profiles. I know, I hate it too, but we've gotta live with it. You should try naming your saves after your names, i.e. Sithman1, Sithman2, Sithman3, etc. for each save, and your brother's be Brother1, Brother2, Brother3. At least that's how I do it with my brother and friends that play it.

And about FSAA... if there's no option for it, I guess it's done automatically. Not sure.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Thanks Dan, I actually thought of doing it that way (with the saves) because that's how we had to do it with the TPM game. But st00pid me can't figure out how to change the "title" or "name" of the saved game. All I get it like "kejim_base_20:33" or something. Can't figure out how to rename it to something like "Sithman1" or "Kevin1" or something. Do you know? :)

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, look above the box with all the saves in it. It'll have the save game you're about to save. Run your mouse over it and click, and the cursor will appear to let you rename it.

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sweet! Thank you a lot, guys!

13. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Just so you guys know...I have the following:

PIII 450mhz
    359 megs of ram
    64 meg Radeon 7500

It takes forever to load but it runs really smooth on the highest levels. I can also host games through cable modem pretty well. Once you get about 4-6 players though..that's when things get rough multiplayer wise. Other than that, I don't think those with low end processors have to worry. Just get some cheap ram and a decent video card and you'll be able to pay without much a problem.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, cool. :) Are you playing at 1024x768 resolution?

15. Ol-Gil

Oct 9, 2001
    Raven posted this thread over at the jediknightii.net forums in answer to my above problem.

It appears that anyone running the latest nVidia detonators could potentially have these problems, and you actually need to go back to the previous version. Download links are in the thread.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the "fix" didn't help my problem at all. So I'm still open to suggestions.

16. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Thats funny, b/c I'm running the latest detonators, and I can see the sky perfectly. :)

But question: how do I enable the console??? I require it mainly for multiplayer, so I can set stuff like my name, or mouse sensitivity or other required things...I put "-console" after the location of the .exe file in the shortcut for the game...no dice. :(

17. Ol-Gil

Oct 9, 2001
    Shift ~

18. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    it doesnt help
    my textures in the game go wack

SEYA

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    [image=http://home.attbi.com/~jedi-stalker/back.JPG]

i dont know if this helps at all but you see his back? it has all the square shadows and when i move around they turn into triangles and it gets really annoying, is it supposed to be like this?

20. Ol-Gil

Oct 9, 2001
    It seems pretty much everybody is having that sort of luck with volumetric shadows. I'd suggest just switching to simple shadows, there ain't that much difference.

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    so its just the game then? it cant be my video i just got a geforce 4...

22. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    is there a way to take a screenshot?

SEYA

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    There's a bit of discussion re: screenies in this thread Indy3.

Is your game working now?

24. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    When I go onto the Multiplayer screen through the game I cant see any of the servers. Does it just take awhile to load all of them, or is there something wrong with my game or the servers. Or do I have to know someone's IP to play. Any help on getting multiplayer to run would be nice. I also would like to know if there is a site I should use to start a game, such as MSN Zone.

25. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    NOPE it is still wierd!!!!!!!!

SEYA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.