main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    DUM, to your post earlier, get the AMD, P4 sucks, AMD is a lot better for graphics, the 1.5ghz AM would actually be faster than the P4 2ghz when it comes to gaming (and visual applications for that matter.)

2. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    "When I go onto the Multiplayer screen through the game I cant see any of the servers."

Make sure you change the setting from 'Local' (or something like that) to Internet. It's at the top of the page that lists servers.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I have a Voodoo 5, Windows XP. More than enough processing power, etc, to run the game.

My problem is that the video is all messed up. For starters, I can't view cutscenes. Can't view them in MOHAA either, so that has to be a problem with my video card drivers. My other problem is more serious. In the menu, ingame cutscene subtites, crosshairs, etc, it's horribly, horribly distorted. Menus are unreadable. I've downloaded literally dozens of driver sets for my video card. Nothing. Anyone think they can help me?

I can't take a screenshot because, like in MOHAA, the comp crashes when I exit the game. Same for if I change video settings.

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    why doesnt the dynamic music work??

SEYA

5. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Dan-

[image=http://www.preacherboy.net/images/4600_dan.gif]

6. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Anonymous_Jedi- Oh come on now. Don't post that sort of trash. If you're going to do a AMD vs. Intel thing, at least provide some real evidence and details.

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Well, yeah, the application controls it. :D

That's how mine's always been. I always assumed that if your PC was strong enough, it would pick 4x automatically.

8. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    I get this "OpenGL Subsystem" error and I've read stuff on the troubleshooting guide that says I need to get updated drivers for it and I'm reading stuff at GLsetup.com that I could download some crap or whatever to get an "Updated driver" or some confusing stuff like that and I really don't know what to do and what all this means. Could someone explain to me what I should do step-by-step without using all this confusing lingo?

9. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah. What kind of video card do you have? Right click on my computer, go to properties, and go to device manager if you don't know. Tell us what is listed under Display Adadapters.

10. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
  11. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Sithman, I've been playing 800x600 but I can do 1024x768. It just takes even longer to load. The difference in quality is kinda negligable really. Just larger screen size. But I have HDTV so size matters not. :)

12. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
    Hey you... Sitting naked at your computer getting lonely getting old can you help me?

Hey you, would you help me to carry the stooooooone.

Open your heart, I'm coming home.

13. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Anyone that has an Intel 810 mobo with on-board graphics the game runs fine with a little tweaking. The textures are a little choppy and load times are slow. Also the best resolution I can get without effecting the game is 800x600. Also note that I'm running the lastest drivers.

14. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Pat, what did you have to tweak?

Also, what's FSAA?

15. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Just some of the video settings. Finding a balance that gives me the best performance I can get away with.

Edit: I'm thinking about getting a graphic card to help with this game and future titles. Something to hold me over until I can build a gaming PC. Any suggestions on a good PCI card?

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    FSAA is full screen anti-aliasing. Pretty much eliminates jaggies/stairsteps and smooths junk out.

Shorty, a Voodoo3? The only place with 95/98/ME drivers I know of are here. There are other places I'm sure, but I don't feel like looking. But VoodooFiles.com is probably the best way to go.

Go to that link. Download the ones that are for your operating system and are for your card. Then follow the instructions, I guess. Maybe our professional, PreacherBoy, can help you out some more.

17. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    The hell I'm going to help him with such an inferior card that is no longer getting any kind of support.

BUY nVIDIA!

18. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    But you're the professional. He needs you! Bastard.

Shorty, just try to do what I said, then.

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I have a Voodoo 5, Windows XP. More than enough processing power, etc, to run the game.

My problem is that the video is all messed up. For starters, I can't view cutscenes. Can't view them in MOHAA either, so that has to be a problem with my video card drivers. My other problem is more serious. In the menu, ingame cutscene subtites, crosshairs, etc, it's horribly, horribly distorted. Menus are unreadable. I've downloaded literally dozens of driver sets for my video card. Nothing. Anyone think they can help me?

I can't take a screenshot because, like in MOHAA, the comp crashes when I exit the game. Same for if I change video settings.

20. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Check this out, AT60. I didn't read it, but it may give you an idea.

21. osscommand

osscommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Is anyone else having sound problems with the CG cutscenes? Even the opening intros for the companys are sounding really bad. For long CG cutscenes, it scratches so much, and then it finally gives up on sound all together. Any suggestions?

22. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i have noticed that the sound is really bad in the cut senes then it just fades away... hmmm

23. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    I haven't read the other posts, so pardon me.
    My system is PIII 450, 196 RAM, Voodood 3 3000 16MB
    Some times when I try to load a gam(when killed) it just crashes and have to restart. Also some cutscenes are unwatchable (nice word, huh?). What's wrong?
    Thanks lads!

24. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I just got the game and I'm having troubles loading her up :(

It installs fine, then I go to start the game. Right from the Lucasarts logo I can tell something is wrong - the sound is really stuttery...

When it gets to the Main screen it's unusable - the cursor seems to take forever to move and the sound is stuttured...

I could run RTCW fine until recently when strangely that started to crash at the intro movie...The guy in the shop when I bought JK2 said I may need to upgrade OpenGL which I'm trying to do now.

I tried to locate drivers for my Video card on the ATI website but couldn't find a match for my card.

My system is as follows-

Operating System: Windows Me Version: 4.90.3000
    Processor Type: AMD Duron(tm) 800MHz
    Physical Memory: 130484KB
    Hard Drive: C:\ Total Space: 5112MB Free Space: 1311MB Cluster Size: 4 KB
    Display Info: 1024 x 768 65536 colors, 16-bit

Video Card: RAGE MOBILITY-M1 AGP (English) Not Detected MB VRAM

Sorry for the data overload ;) ANyone got any inspiration for me?

25. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    That "not detected" makes me think that the drivers are not installed properly. I know I keep telling you this, but it's all I can think of. Try reinstalling from the discs that came with your laptop. If not, then find the manufacturer's site and e-mail them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.