main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Makes me wish I had the disks that came with the laptop :(

I had to contact the manufacturers for something before - they're useless :(

2. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    I got this from another message board and all the replies to this one were positive and they said it really worked and I have hope it will! I'm going to try this next:

I have no idea if this works with XP....but i managed to get my Jedi Outcast running with my voodoo 2 under windows 98 This was done using WickedGL 1) I renamed the JK2SP.exe file to quake3.exe 2) i opened WickedGL and selected the quake3 driver 3) I then made it search my Jedi Outcast directory and it updated the drivers 4) i then renamed quake3.exe back to JK2SP.exe and launched as normal The game started up although things were pretty slow (i was using a voodoo 2 =\ )...i plan to do this temporarily until i get a new card.. Let me know if that helps you any..

3. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Lieutenant_WesJanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Terra. I hate when I buy a game and it doesn't run properly. That's why I am wondering: Do any of you know if JO will run fine with a 3dfx Voodoo3 card?

4. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    Read what I posted above IT WORKS! YAY! I could play with a Voodoo effects card for FREE! No annual fees! And you get FREE BBQ MITS!

Just download WickedGL and follow the instructions above! YAY!

5. RebelOutlaw_Ace

RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 2001
    After viewing the specs, I have but one observation:

Considering that my "gaming rig" chops into oblivion whenever I try to play even Half-Life, I'm betting that JO would send it straight to Robot Hell.

Damn. Damndamn dammity damn damndamn.

-Reb

6. Darth--Maul

Darth--Maul Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    I have a prob with the game,

#1. the saber only makes sparks on the walls and doesn't "burn" into the wall like in Ep I or the Outcast videos

#2. When I play multiplayer I take a step forward ( like everyone) then I start teleporting a few feet from where I was, No one seems to notice this, and I can fire a weapon and everything

Some one please help me....

7. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well, saber trails on walls are a selectable option in the settings, so make sure they are on.

As for the teleporting... could it not be plain and simple lag?

8. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    My Computer Spec DEFINATELY meets!!!

Where to find it $10+ bucks less is THE REAL Trick though!

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    EDIT: n/m I'll put this in another thread

10. Superty88

Superty88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok my computer says i have a NIVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT pro and when i press play Jedi Outcast it tells me that no 3d devices were found. Can somone please help me out?

11. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Did you update your driver at Nvidia website recently and did you also download DirectX 8.1?

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    OK, here's my problem, I'll play the game, then put a save point in at some point, then I die/or even before I die I go to load that saved game, and it starts to load and it stops, the comp or the game does NOT freeze or anything, it just stops loading. If I close the game out, then reopen jedi knights, it loads fine. AGH! AND YES! MY SESTEM IS ALL UP TO DATE?HAS CORRRECT?RECENT DRIVERS AND MEETS ALL GAME SPECKS!

13. JOHN6370

JOHN6370 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    I have a problem...
    First this game is great, but it runs GREAT for the first 2 levels for me, but once i am outside(third level mines) it really SLOWS DOWN...I mean the first 2 levels run like butter on my system, but once i get to the third level it really slows down and becomes unplayable when i am outside for some reason....But when i am in the buildinge even if they are hudge it runs fine great even. SO my problem is only with level 3 mines so far and it really sucks because the first 2 levels ran like butter...So i know for Wolfenstine 2 their is a way to configure the game so you can turn off extra stuff to increase proformance and i was woundering if thair is a way to do the same for this game....And the way to do it in Wolfenstine 2 is that you have to add a line to the startup file and then you are able to trun off different options that are not in the standard option menu....I really like this game and when i am in a building it runs fine only when i am outside it starts to get messed up....anyways thanks if you can help...

PS i see very little proformance increas when i trun everything off and even run it at 640*480...Also in levels 1 and 2 i was able to run it at 1024*768 in 32bit mode and everthing truned up to max and it ran great...now when i play level 3 it runs like crap even at the lowest setting....thanks

Sorry i have a
    500mhz celron 66mhz fsb
    geforce 2mx400 pci
    256 megs ram

Not the fastest but most games run great, even this on for the first 2 levels.....

14. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    does anybody else have to reset their setup & controls settings everytime they play..... or is it just me?? i try to save it but every time i pop in the game & play its on the default settings. :confused:

15. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    rogue_five, you just beat me to the punch.

Is there a way you can save your control and video settings so that you dont have to redo them everytime you enter a SP or MP game??

Its really getting on my nerves to reset everything every time I want to play.

16. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I have the same problem as JediKnightPasJoDacle. My systems meets the specs, even though it's nothing spectacular. I also had the same problem as JOHN6370, but I just grit my teeth and dealed with it.

17. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    For people who want to turn off extras to increase performance, the portion of the manual entitled "Setup Menu"(page 29) has a list of all the options, and it mentions the ones that can be turned off to help slower systems.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

18. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Hey guys, quick question:

I used the give all cheat so that I could figure out how all the weapons worked and stat them out for my website, but now I'm screwed because I accidentally quicksaved over my old save and won't be able to complete the lightsaber-getting mission. Anyone know a console command to drop a weapon? Thanks.

19. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    I don't know of any such command. The only thing I can suggest is that you make a special save at the beginning of every level just to cover things like that. [face_plain]

Well, the other thing I can suggest is to search for Quake 3 Arena console commands on Google or somesuch.

20. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Is there any way you can save your control and video settings so that you dont have to configure them each time you want to play SP and MP??

There has to be a way, or this is a major oversight by Raven!

21. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    You're running it off the start menu, arent you? Its in safe mode. Right click on the link, go properites, and where it says the address, remove the part saying SAFE(Or similar)

22. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Thanx ReaperFett! I'll give that a try! :)

23. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    John6370:

Your specs look decent enough. Are you able to play Castle Wolfenstein or Quake 3 without any problems? I only ask because it sounds like it's the outdoor areas that are killing your system. The outdoor areas are the harshest on any system since they take so much processing power to render. I will assume you turned your colors down to 16-bit and your sky rendering way down (I don't know what it's called). You may want to try updating your drivers too. Can you tell us what your framerate is so we can get a feel for how slow it's going?

24. JOHN6370

JOHN6370 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Thanks for trying to help. Anyways in quake 3 i can run almost every level at 60fps+ but it does fall in the larger levels but not too much, but in this game i think it runs at 25-30 fps in levels 1&2 with everything turned on and i see no differance when i turn eveything off it still runs the same....but once i go outside third level the frame rate drops to like 5-10fps not even playable and i am afraid that their are more levels that are outside later in the game....About RTCR thair is a way to trun off alot of stuff, but i forgot the web page and i can't find it...I also uninstalled it to make room for this game....BTW i messed with my graphic's card memory clock and core clock and i did get a proformance increase but only just enough to get me past that part of the level and once i got inside it was fast as butter again.....but i think their is a hudge outside level and i am afraid i will not beable to play it... :(

25. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    i have a question about the mods.

under what file(s) do i save them under??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.