main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast : Technical Help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Will someone who has a 3dfx Voodo3 card, and has the game working, post what driver version they are using. I have tried everything and can't get Outcast to work. :( Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    WickedGL

3. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I have the same problem John. :(

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    WOW! What a great forum, real big help on me and that other guys problem! NOT!

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    duh, HELLO! HELP! AGH!

6. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Probably because nobody knows how to fix it. Try reinstalling or if you don't want to do that, call up tech support.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ::reposted from my locked topic::

I've heard some people have seen Outcast playing fairly well on newer macs under virtual PC, I wonder if anyone here has tried it with a relatively new Mac yet and, if so, what were the results (also, were you running OS 9 or OS X, etc).

8. snyder203

snyder203 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    I have a problem installing the game. It gets to 14% complete, then says there's an error with the file D:\GameData\base\assets1.pk3
    It says it's a data error(cyclic redundancy error). I have all the necessary requirements, so I'm guessing it's a problem with the disk itself. Any help would be great, thanks.

9. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey all had to create new account because i had to reinstall XP, but anyway i cant get the game to work either. I cant load open gl

10. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    It's not an illegal copy, is it, Snyder? Many games have built-in measures like that to prevent piracy. Otherwise it may actualy be a fault with the disk, in which case you might have to take it back. Dry gently wiping the data area with a dry cloth or running ScanDisk on it.

11. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    I got the Elite Force demo...and it's not working because I "Cannot Load Open GL subsystem"

My graphics card is a Voodoo Banshee, and I believe it is Open GL capable. Any of you know how to fix this?

12. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    I have same prob with JO cant open subsystem

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    From Lucasarts.com

Could not Load OpenGL Subsystem

You may see an error when attempting to start the game stating Could Not Load OpenGL Subsystem. If this occurs, please check the following before trying to start the game:

First, make sure that your particular video card is supported. Please click here to access the supported video cards lists for this title.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. If you are unable to resolve the video problems you are experiencing, please contact your hardware manufacturer regarding the latest OpenGL compatible drivers available.

If you are using a video card that supports dual monitors, the secondary monitor must be disabled for OpenGL to initialize correctly.

Make sure the 3D hardware acceleration is turned all the way up. You can check this by going through Analyze your Computer, which is accessible through the Help option in the launcher menu.

14. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    does anybody know under which file(s) i could save mods in?????

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    thanks for the reply jp

17. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    Yay! i fixed it thanx JP

18. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I cant figure out how to get the mods that I have downloaded to show in the "Load Mod Screen"... help?

19. Lady_Leia_Vader

Lady_Leia_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    I've been having a problem with the game. When I get to the second level...artis mining facility or something...the game gets really jumpy. i assume that's due to all of the meteors falling and whatnot. What can I do to even things out. I have 184 SDRAM, 32 MB vid card...and my processor is 533 mhz AMD-K6 or something like that.

Thanks

20. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    You processor isnt fast enough. The requirements state that you need to have an Athlon class proc. A k6-2 (or 3) doesnt have the computation power that the Athlon or P3 procs have.

Your going to need to upgrade... :(

21. Lady_Leia_Vader

Lady_Leia_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    That was my fear...thank you.

22. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    N/p, just hate being the barer of bad news... at least you didnt shoot the messenger!

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    ...the game gets really jumpy. i assume that's due to all of the meteors falling and whatnot. What can I do to even things out.

I know it's obvious, but you have tried turning all the graphical settings down to minimum?

If the game then runs fine, turn them up bit by bit, one at a time until performance is again effected, then turn the last setting back down.

24. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i dunno if this is a technical question or not but it has to do with the game... in MP mode, how do you get your name in different colors???

25. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Rather than explaining it, try here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.