main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Vaders_Clone, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Clone

Vaders_Clone Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2002
    Has anyone played the game Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast? I purchased it this summer for my computer, and hope it comes out for the PS2 as it has for XBOX and GameCube! But I was really impressed with the graphics and would have given it an A in rating. Until I got to the level where i had to get my force powers back and retrieve my lightsaber!!! WOO HOOO!!! Then the game just went up to an A++ for me! It was the coolest thing in the world! Then when i started to get into lightsaber duels with people, felt like i was in the movie! All i could keep thinking was, "Impressive! Most impressive!!" I definitely recommend that game to anyone! Ok, just thought I would talk about that for a bit! Later

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I am a huge Kyle Katarn fan. I love Jedi Outcast. In fact, I will be getting a cable connection soon to speed up my Internet connection. The main reason for this upgrade being the ability to play Jedi Outcast in multiplayer without all of the LAG. The single player levels Rock! However the multi-player action is where it is at. In fact, I would like to start a JK Outcast clan, originating from the the FanForceAcadiana group.

You interested?

3. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    Definitely! Count me in!!!! That would just be awesome! I've experimented with the multi-player but with everyone else as bots! Would be cool to play against real people!

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have JK Outcast. I have only played the first level though. It is to hard playing with the mouse to me.

5. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I got Jedi Outcast. I just got to reinstall it to get rid of an awful mod which turned Kyle into Obi wan. I try to play mulitplayer one game spy arcade. my user name is the same: ubigod. Vaders_clone if you can kill the bots than you got chance of thumping most of the people online.

Ubi

6. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Sounds like a plan SS, but I think I need a patch or something to play online. Does anybody know where I can get one at??

7. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Here's a link to the 1.04 patch.
    Lucasarts Support
    I'm up for some multiplay anytime during the weekends or around midnight on weekdays if anyone stays up that late.

Everyone should keep an eye out for the new game Knights of the Old Republic. Check it out here: KOTOR
    Watch the trailer, it's well worth the download.

8. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    I just downloaded the trailer!!! Oh my gosh! That is awesome! I am definitely purchasing that one! Thanks for the info! Man, they need to put these things out for PS2!

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I agree, that will be one fine gaming experience! The trailer looks great.

If you want a Hot Link, check out this MOD for Jedi Outcast: Dark Forces Mod: Secret Base Demo Click on the HomePage link for more information, before downloading. I think you will find it is worth your time.

I can't wait for the whole Dark Forces game to be converted! This is the game that started the Kyle Katarn legacy, in the game engine that ROCKS like no other, QUAKE III! Let me know what you'll think ;)

10. Ubigod

Jan 16, 2003
    I can't wait for KOTOR, but I really want to try Star Wars Galaxies. IT should come out this spring. KOTOR is coming this summer for the PC

11. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2003
    It is definately an awesome game. I love the way he jumps when you are fighting a reborn with the saber. It definately needs another game to follow it. I would give it an A+ and deffinately recommend it to anyone. Until next time, may the force be with you.

12. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    Ok, I just bought an xbox tuesday night and jedi outcast along with it. now, the next item i intend on buying is the modem! Online, here i come!

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I am not sure if a person playing the X-Box version can play against someone playing a PC version. You may want to check into that.

14. ArtisticJedi

ArtisticJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I got Outcast for the gamecube and it rocks!!!

thats really all i hace to say about that.

oh and why is there no star wars fan orgization on lsu's campus!? there should be one!

15. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Did someone say Jedi Outcast?

I love that game. I a huge fan of all the DF games. I can't wait for Jedi Outcast 2 [face_drool]

16. Ubigod

Jan 16, 2003
    Since there is more than one fan of the game. I'm thinking that maybe we should all meet up for some online gaming sometime. I Just re installed the game and I'm getting a little tired of battlefield 1942. WE could meet at ssome server or I guess one of us could create a server. I never done it but my comp should be able to do it if needed.
    Looking forward to playing you guys online.

17. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    Does anyone know when Knights of the Old Republic comes out? I have read several different things. One said the end of Feb, one said Fall 2002, and another said Fall 2003. "Any help here would be nice!"

18. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    Nevermind... answered my own question! You can preorder it for May 1 2003. That's technically the pre-release date. Might have to do that!

19. WJTW

WJTW Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2003
    One thing that puzzles me the most.

WHY is Kyle's sabre now Blue instead of Green? Luke said he would have to retrieve his(Kyle's) lightsabre from the temple, and not a lightsabre.
    Hmm... Luke damaged it? No wonder he set up all those trials. Kyle would be too tired to notice it.

Secondly, I find the lightsabre duels a bit too unrealistic. Sure, it is a game, but I would like more accurate parrying and blocking. I can have my sabre go right through an enemy Jedi and he would still be standing and fighting, until his programmed health level is depleted.
    Hope JK3 (if any) would have the kind of parrying in KOTOR (although the battles are not directly controlled in KotOR).

My system is too lowly to experience the full-blown graphics.

BTW, anyone know which level I would've to be to actually see reflections on the ground?

Thanks,
    WJTW

20. Vaders_Clone

Dec 29, 2002
    I do agree with you about the lightsabre duels. I thought that I spent most of my time trying to just get to the enemy. They were either jumping around or running away! What do you mean reflections on the ground?

21. WJTW

WJTW Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2003
    I mean which level would you see floor tiles that reflect things. I think the battle with Desann is one of the levels. Where else?

WJTW

22. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Kyle's lightsaber blade is blue now because he constructed a new one between JK1 and JK2. The first lightsaber he used was his father's. Sometime after JK1, Kyle studied with Luke at the Jedi Academy. I assume this is when he made his saber.

I made a Kyle JK1 saber and have studied the designs for the JK2 saber and there is a major design change between them.

When you refer to reflections on the ground, I believe you are refering to the mirrored floor on the demo level. It is very impressive. :)

So when are we all going to get together and play?

23. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Soon my friend . . . very soon ;)

24. WJTW

WJTW Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2003
    Actually, no one know why the lightsabre is different. On one of the official sites, he said he returned to the Jedi Academy to get a new lightsabre. It was said in such a way, as if the sabre did not belong to Kyle at all.

Oh, I think he took the sabre of one guy, but that was destroyed, and when another guy died, he took his. Know nothing about the original Jedi Knight story...

WJTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.