main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Jedi Outcasts RP, v.6 [The Adventure Continues]--All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex Dillett
    Hangar

Attention medical personnel: Incoming wounded in hangar bay 3. Medical team, please report to hangar bay 3.

The announcement jolted Tex out of his trance as he waited for the lift to arrive. Suddenly, he figured that it would probably be better that he go check out what was going on; that would be a lot more interesting than checking on that malfunctioning droid. Turning his back to the lift, Tex ran, in a slow walk way due to his size, to hangar 3 to check out what the commotion was. As he walked by, the other techs who he had been eating with were scattering, probably trying to reach the hangar bay as well to see what was going on. None of them knew, but they all felt the need to go help out if their assitance was needed.

The group made its way to the Hangar bay in about a minute, ready to find out about the events going on. Medical personnel was just showing up, so Tex knew that the situation would quickly get resolved.

TAG: Hangar people

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Juerr Pakka
    Hanger 3

Seeing the commotion he began to get ready to do something, specifically he took off his belt and began removing his flight suit. It was about the time he was down to merely removing his left leg, leaving only a leg and a tail to go when he heard someone, Da'lek it seemed now that he looked up, was calling and motioning him over to the landed craft. Grabbing his belt he prepared to move over.

Feeling no immediate threat or instinct to flee, he gathered the energy within that these groups called the force, aiding in his leap to cover the distance between him and the landed ship. With a tuck, dive, and a 720 degree rotation he rolled into a landing to pop back up next to the security personal as he released his flight suit next to the landing ramp. "Yes." he asked as he finished resecuring his belt and letting his right hand rest upon the butt of his blaster as he looked at the man standing just within the shuttle.

Turning his head slightly he gave a feral smile that was all teeth, "Fyar! You returned, welcome." hand slipped away from his gun he looked back to Da'lek then to Fyar, "Why you need me?"

TAG: K_M, Han, JediGunship, Jim/NPC

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Greth Artrosk
    Hangar Bay 3, Ill Repute, Dantooine

As she weaved her way through the throngs of beings and droids, Greth took note that the hangar bay was abuzz with activity. That notion in itself wasn't all that surprising, considering this was indeed a working military vessel. Greth was able to discern that much simply from reviewing her research.

After exiting the vicinity of the Star Raptor, Greth had taken the opportunity to study the hand-written note one last time before continuing on her quest. Her mother had been precise in what little information she had managed to scrounge up about this place and after a very brief sweep of the immediate area, Greth was able to confirm that this Mon Cal Cruiser was indeed the same one mentioned in her notes - the Ill Repute. What her mother failed to uncover was the type of organization that made this ship their home. At first, Greth thought the men and women that served here were part of a splintered Galactic Alliance cell, but it didn't make sense for her mother to send her back into the gundark's nest, especially after how she had exited the last war with the Yuuzhan Vong. Something else was at play here and now Greth was determined to find out just what that something was.

Returning the flimsi to its secure location in her pocket, Greth glanced up just in time to hear a harried voice call over in her direction for help. "Hey, we need you're help over here! a man, a lieutenant judging by the pips on his uniform, called while waving his hands. "Hurry!"

Greth frowned and readjusted her knapsnak, which was slung over her shoulder. It was true that she wanted to find out what was going on and what her mother had gotten her into, but it seemed odd that a random officer would charge over in her direction asking for assistance so soon after her arrival. How did they know if they could trust her? Of course, she knew they could, but...

Then it hit her. Before she had even arrived on board this vessel, they knew all they needed to know about her. They had performed background checks on all the new arrivals and only after they were certain they met their expectations, did they allow them to land. Convenient. And it was yet another piece of the puzzle.

Propelling herself forward, Greth approached the frantic lieutenant. "What can I do for you....sir?"

TAG: Palso, K_M, Mitth, Hangar folks

4. Katana_Master

Katana_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2007
    IC:Fyar

"Fyar! You returned, welcome." hand slipped away from his gun he looked back to Da'lek then to Fyar, "Why you need me?"

Fyar had watched the Trianni approach from the other side of the hanger via a display of rather impressive acrobatics. Fyar recalled that the first time they met, the furred nonhuman had mistaken him for a Vong. Fyar nodded respectfully.

?Juerr, good to see you again. I?ve got a situation; recently I?ve been working for a small mercenary company, but we were just attacked without warning. To the best of my knowledge, me and my Commander are the only survivors of forty-six good men and women. My Commander, Maranya Lirian was seriously injured during the battle, she?s unconscious on the ship.? He finished, jerking his head backwards to indicate the freighter. ?I don?t have the equipment or training to fix her up, and she won?t last long if she doesn?t get help.?

TAG: Hanger, M_F in particular.

5. Blade_of_Silver

Blade_of_Silver Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2007
    IC: Aran (& posted with KMs permission)

Aran even left his pack in the briefing room as he chased after the medic. They introduced one another as they ran, then Aran began drilling Jefferies with questions about the staff and stores, as well as who and what the emergency was for.

Meanwhile, the medical team Jefferies had sent on ahead arrived at the ship. They asked Fyar where the patient was and he led them up the ramp to the bunk he had situated Maranya in. They checked her stats, murmuring words of approval at the first-aid steps Fyar had taken, then transferred the woman to their gurney.

They were rolling her down the ramp when Aran and Jefferies arrived on the scene.

?Fyar!? Jefferies said, seeing the ex-Outcast. He nodded at the gurney, which Aran had already rushed to the side of. ?Friend of yours?? Fyar nodded. ?Well this is Doctor Crypt. I guess he?s a new recruit-?

?Yes yes.? Aran interrupted, ?Introductions over, what?s the situation??

?Patient suffered a stab wound to the abdomen. She was then treated with basic first-aid procedures. Stats were stable but they?re beginning to fall.? reported one of the medics.

?Change out the IV;? ordered Aran, ?In fact change all this over to our gear. Notify the medbay: tell them to prepare a surgical table and a bacta tank. Keep an eye on that pulse.? He looked over at the crowd. ?If any of you want to help, clear the way to the medbay. Otherwise give us some room. Now let?s move! Objects in motion!?

TAG: Hangar bay

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Juerr Pakka

Nodding he listened to the man, tail slightly whipping behind him, although he had come to understand that the man deserved a level of trust the fact that he couldn't sense him properly still set off warning alarms in his mind.

Waving the medical team over he stood by as they set to work, "Stand aside and these heal her." looking back at the security officer bepestered by some unknown individual he moved off to the side of the ramp opposite her as he waved Fyar over as well.

Soon enough Jefferies was saying hello and some strange lizard with skin strings on the scalp was getting to work on the woman, citing gobble-di-gook medical terms. Poor thing looked like it needed stuff as well, perhaps it could get the skin growths treated while with them.

"You heard the man, make a hole!" he shouted as he tapped Fyar with a hand and the female with a wap on the shoulder before he started moving out himself wapping others on the back of their head as he weaved through the crowded hanger telling others to "Step aside. Step aside." in a only slightly growled basic.

TAG: K_M, Han, Hanger Bay

7. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Russton Xelcron
    Main Hangar, Ill Repute, Dantooine

Russ was not happy. In fact he was least happy than he had been in a few years now. And that was saying something.

He moved in the little space and then hit his head and commenced to swear.

SON OF A MURLAK! *$%^& #$^#$ #$^%

Russ started to crawl out and again hit his head. @#$%!

Once out he looked at his Chrono and decided it was time to stop working on the piece of junk Tie Fighter he was trying to fix up.

He walked into the main part of the Hangar and took out his lunch. He sat and began to eat.

TAG: Anyone in the Hangar.

8. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    IC: Lieutenant Da'lek
    Hanger Bay 3, grounded Ill Repute II, Dantooine

As the medical crew arrived, along with others, Da'lek started to break up the gathering crowd, "Okay, everyone lets move it. Come on, lets get going," After waving the growing crowd away, he added, "All new recruits, make it up to Briefing Room A ASAP. There's going to be a meeting starting soon."

Tag all in hanger...just moving things along :) ;)

IC:Commander Hera Sunford
    Bridge, grounded Ill Repute II, Dantooine

Sunford nodded as the ensign at the communications console informed her that the medical team had the patient and was heading to the Medical Wing.

"Ill Repute II, this is Commander Peter Times requesting permission to land..."

Sunford nodded on the other side of the comm, "Welcome home Commander Times. Permission granted at Hanger Bay 3. Watch you're landing, we're just having a medical team finish things up down there."

Tag Yankee...well, myself :p

9. Pennsylvania_Yankee

Pennsylvania_Yankee Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2005
    IC: Peter Times
    Dark Night, modified TIE Advanced x1 Prototype, Dantooine

Sunford's voice aired over his comm, "Welcome home Commander Times. Permission granted at Hanger Bay 3. Watch you're landing, we're just having a medical team finish things up down there."

Peter Times nodded inside his cockpit---emotions were still hard to come by for the ex-soldier, "Copy that Bridge. Hanger Bay 3."

Times put the TIE Advanced x1 Prototype into a lop-sided steep dive as he neared the planet of Dantooine, rocketing towards the surface. Fire spread across his starfighter upon re-entry into the planet's atmosphere and once he was fully entered, he slowed down as he leveled out over the green planet's surface. He selected a nice cruising speed as he flew over the planet's surface, the sensor blimp of the Ill Repute II getting closer and closer. Soon, however, the cruiser was in sight. Times, the ever watchful ex-soldier, scouted out any defensive and offensive positions and was glad to have spotted several positions---watch towers, armored vehicles, and foot patrols---keeping a premitter defense on the Jedi Outcasts main cruiser.

As he slowed down and approached the planet's surface even more, those tall bulky lines, square blurs, and dots that represented watch towers, armored vehicles, and secuirty troops clarified into more detail as now he could make them out for what they were.

As he came in for a landing, two near-by security troops guarding the outside hanger bay doors of Hanger Bay 3 waved to him. Times waved back---a sign that humanity was taking more and more of his machine-like attitude. The hanger became clear and as he landed, he could see the crowds of people dispersing from a shuttle---Times assumed that's where the medical emergency had been that Sunford had talked about.

Once the cool down was complete, Times popped the top on the TIE Advanced and climbed out half way, resting his elbows on the top of the cockpit exit and looked around. He noticed Russton Xelcron and shouted his way, "Back in the sattle Russ, huh?"

Tag Zan :)

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    IC as Earwen:
    Briefing Room A, Ill Repute, Dantooine

After the medical alert several things happened very rapidly. Doctor Aran expressed his desire to aid in the emergency, Jefferies rushed in seeking additional help, Palso gave Aran permission to provide aid, and out rushed the doctor. Earwen admired the new recruits willing to jump right in despite being unfamiliar with the procedures of the Outcast medical unit, as well as the ships layout itself, more than likely. I hope our other new recruits are as eager to jump in as he seems to be. Earwen thought.

She glanced at the others still in the briefing room, then scanned the files that she had on them. Seeing how this group meshes together will be rather interesting. We have some very varied backgrounds... but then again, I guess we always have.

Earwen pulled up a document on her datapad, glanced over it once, then addressed those in the room.

"If you haven't yet done so, please fill out the New Recruit Survey. There are several spare datapads on the table if you need to borrow one."

Survey

How did you find out about the Outcasts?
    What position within the Outcasts do you seek (pilot, technician, medical staff, security, etc)?
    What kind of experience do you have?
    How do you feel about the color pink?

The last question made Earwen do a double take. PALSO! she mentally yelled before quickly erasing the last question.

Tag: Briefing Room A

OOC: Please feel free to add any questions you feel should be included on the survey. If your character was fast enough - you could have seen the pink question :p

11. Katana_Master

Oct 27, 2007
    IC: Fyar

"Okay, everyone lets move it. Come on, lets get going," After waving the growing crowd away, he added, "All new recruits, make it up to Briefing Room A ASAP. There's going to be a meeting starting soon."

As Fyar watched the medics handle Lirian?s case, he realized that he really wasn?t needed right then. He dutifully stepped aside for the gurney carrying his Commander.

Do I qualify as a new recruit?

Right then, it occurred to him that he really hadn?t come because he wanted to join, the Outcasts were the best option for medical support in the quadrant. But they were helping him and his Commander, so it only made sense for him to repay them. On one hand, he was now unemployed, he supposed, with almost the entirety of his comrades dead. On the other hand, Maranya was still alive, and assuming she stayed that way, she might need his help, and there was no guarantee that she would want to join the Outcasts.

Maranya Lirian join the Outcasts?

Trying to make some sense of his thoughts, Fyar turned to Juerr.

?I should go. I assume that I can find the Chancellor in briefing room A? I want to catch her before the meeting starts.? With that, he said farewell to Mr. Pakka, and walked off to find the mentioned room. He had not gotten halfway there before an astromech trundled up to him at half the speed of a normal R2 unit. The astro droid had red legs, a yellow chassis and a brown painted cap, and made a melancholy-sounding ?hoot? when it got close. Fyar smiled.

?Good to see you too, Owler.?

The next minute, he was standing in front of the briefing room. He hesitated for a moment, then opened the door. Laine Snowtrekker, his former Squadron Leader was inside, and from what he had heard, was the new Chancellor. There were a bunch of other people, but he gave them little more than a polite nod before he addressed the Chancellor.

?Chancellor Snowtrekker? I?m Fyar Escalos, don?t know if you remember me.?

TAG: Room

12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC:

?Chancellor Snowtrekker? I?m Fyar Escalos, don?t know if you remember me.?

She remembered him--and if she hadn't, his null presence in the Force would have tipped her off almost immediately (OOC: I have that right, correct?).

"Good to see that you've come back, Escalos," she said, but realized that he looked hesitant about something. She excused herself from the room, even though the recruits might view that as delaying the briefing even more, and stepped outside with Fyar.

"What do you need?"

TAG: Fyar/K_M

13. Katana_Master

Oct 27, 2007
    OOC: Yes, Fyar is a force void.

"What do you need?"

Fyar hesitated for a moment, then started speaking.

?I didn?t come here so much because I wished to rejoin the Outcasts. I came because frankly, I needed help. For the last eight months, I?ve been working for a woman named Maranya Lirian, she?s been my Commander this entire time. Me and some forty-five other people were her mercenary outfit. We did much the same thing the Outcasts had done, but for a bigger asking price. Not long ago, however, our base was attacked. To the best of my knowledge, me and Lirian are the only survivors, and she only just. That?s why I brought her here, hoping that you could help, I didn?t have the equipment or experience to patch up an impaled stomach.?

Fyar paused for a moment, then pulled out the sword of the person who nearly killed his Commander. Except that instead of the seemingly invincible blade that it had been before, it had fractured into several pieces.

?Do you recognize this? The person who nearly killed Commander Lirian was a force-user, and he used this. It may not look like much right now, but just a few hours ago it could stand up to a blaster bolt without even heating, and despite the beating it had taken beforehand, it hadn?t even been scratched. During the ride here, it started cracking, and had completely fallen apart by the time we arrived.?

As if to emphasize this statement, a loud crack came from the weapon and a eight-centimeter length of blade dropped off and fell to the floor.

TAG: Laine.
    OOC: I think Fyar is being a bit rude. Only showing up because he needs help? And Laine probably wouldn?t recognize the blade, as I made it up.

14. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007
    IC: Sia

She picked up one of the datapads off the table as directed and ran through the questions.

Hmm, finding them, experience, and... pink?

She frowned at the last question on the list until it disappeared. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the Vice Chancellor?s irritated expression and Sia couldn?t help but smile as she recognized the game. Her own squad used to be infamous for it. In truth, she didn?t care either way, but for the sake of her squad she?d played.

She quickly typed up her answers:

1) I HEARD STORIES OF THE OUTCASTS AND EVENTUALLY TRACKED THEM TO THEIR CURRENT LOCATION WITH THE INTENTION OF JOINING YOU IF POSSIBLE.
    2) I SEEK A POSITION AS A PILOT. I HAVE MILITARY TRAINING AND COMBAT EXPERIENCE.

She hesitated for a moment, but then added:

3) BY THE WAY, PINK IS A GLORIOUS AND PROUD COLOR AND SHOULD BE USED FOR ALL OCCASSIONS, ESPECIALLY FORMAL ONES.
    - SIA KALAYN

As she signed the last bit she noticed a man enter the room and address the Chancellor. Her Force Sense was never a strong point so it took her until he left the room to realize she couldn?t sense the man. That didn?t catch her attention however. What she had noticed was a glint of what looked like some sort of broken sword. She frowned, then brushed the image out of her head. That is until she heard the crack of the blade.

Sia got up from her seat and stepped up to the door to get a better look. As she saw the pieces of the blade in the man?s hands, all doubt went away.

?That?s impossible. How did a Sentinel?s blade come into your possession??

TAG: Room, mainly Laine and Fyar

OOC: Bwuahahaha. BTW, this is pre-planned between KM and me. If anyone else wants to recognize the blade, PM us.

15. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: GM Announcement: If you are playing a character through a sock, please label the sock as such. This is our kind request that you do so. Thank you.

IC: Laine Snowtrekker

Laine looked at Escalos. He'd only come to save his new commander? At least he thought well of their medteam, but it was a bit rude to come only seeking help and then bluntly state it. She raised an eyebrow as she listened to his story and pulled out the blade that had stabbed his commander.

"I've never seen a blade that, to be honest," she said just as one of the new recruits rushed out into the hallway. "Are you sure the assailant was a Force-user?"

?That?s impossible. How did a Sentinel?s blade come into your possession??

"I didn't realize that I asked you to this private conversation, recruit," Laine said, feeling a bit annoyed at the whole situation, but she released that emotion to the Force and softened her tone. "However, since you're here, perhaps you can explain the blade. Mr. Escalos here doesn't know any more of it than I do, which is why he was asking. Perhaps you can enlighten us, Miss Kalayn."

Laine partially hoped that she would. Who knew? Perhaps it would tie into the job that was waiting for whoever decided to stay with the Outcasts, Mr. Escalos included. And part of her hoped that Fyar had noticed the civilian address. She may be a Jedi Master and an Admiral, but she wasn't above being pointed in her speech. That came from the smuggler past.

TAG: the brothers who play Escalos and Kalayn

16. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    OOG: Main profile and socks in use (I have other socks, but are not currently in use) at other games:

Main Profile:

Bravo (Intervention)

Socks:

Jim_Palso (Jedi Outcasts)
    Pennsylvania_Yankee (Jedi Outcasts)

IC: Jim Palso
    Briefing Room A, grounded Ill Repute II, Dantooine

The last question made Earwen do a double take. PALSO! she mentally yelled before quickly erasing the last question.

Jim grinned playfully as he caught Earwen's reaction and hurried action to erase his action on the datapad out of the corner of his eye.

Palso surveyed the recruits thus far. Times still wasn't here yet---at least in the briefing room---and Palso was expecting the mercenary soldier to show up. Peter Times' military actions during his time away from the Jedi Outcasts was well talked about among the Spacer community. Other returning members were not yet here either, but Palso all the same expected them to be here.

Jim wondered to himself, I wonder, who would be a good starfighter pilot. I need trainable pilots, not rogues. I need team members, not lone wolves. Who...who...?

Jim looked at each and every recruit, some more ecruits still yet to enter into the briefing room no doubt. The Wing Commander tried to picture each and every recruit as a starfighter pilot. He could already judge what type of person they were by body language, how they interacted with fellow recruits, and, oddly enough, how they dressed. A person's clothes, as much as their body language, told you a lot about a person. First impressions were key.

Jim had no concern looking each and every recruit in the eye, if said recruit looked back at him. Jim's job as Wing Commander was simple: make the best starfighter pilots and starfighter squadrons. It was a simple job description, but one that entailed a lot of work and a lot of training.

Palso hoped that anyone signing up as a starfighter pilot liked surprises, because training was going to be fun under Palso's supervision---in fact the Wing Commander smiled outwardly at the thought of training. He would throw anyone who signed up as a starfighter pilot into the simulators first thing tomorrow morning---at 4:30 in the morning non-the-less. He wanted to see who had what it took to be a starfighter pilot in the Jedi Outcasts. Palso would not accept anything but the best out of each and every pilot that was under his command.

And training would be fast paced. Laine no doubt already had a mission up and ready. The galaxy needed its Jedi Outcasts back and its Jedi Outcasts were here. Palso would need to get the starfighter pilots up and ready to handle basic threats to the Jedi Outcasts themselves and to the galaxy in a matter of days...not weeks and not months, but days.

Tag everyone :D

17. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007

The moment she?d stepped into the hallway and spoke, she?d regretted her rash action. It was near impossible however to mask astonishment at any remnant of her past life disintegrating right in front of her. The Chancellor?s words ? harsh though they were ? helped to bring her back to the present.

Sia bowed to the pair. ?My apologies.? She straightened and stood with her feet apart and her hands folded behind her back. ?The blade belongs to a member of a clandestine but respectable group of Force users. This particular blade belonged to a high-ranking member of the group, which translates as someone of extreme power and ability.?

To find even the fragments of one of their swords in the possession of a non-member was... peculiar at best. It took the entirety of her concentration to remind herself that she was no longer a part of the livelihood the sword had been a part of.

You?re just Sia now. Piloting is all that is left. Never forget.

As she waited for a response, she actually began running a piloting simulation in her head to force her body and mind to both relax and focus.

TAG: Laine & Fyar

18. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Russton Xelcron
    Main Hangar, Ill Repute, Dantooine

Back in the sattle Russ, huh?Russ looked up to see Peter Times. He smiled, glad to see an old face.

Soon though chaos took hold as a ship came in and a medical alert was sounded. Russ jumped to action.

Attention all on deck. Clear the Hangar for Medical Personnel and equipment. Get your tools and other stuff moved. NOW!

He quickly got the droids to start moving a lift that would prevent any larger equipment from coming into the Hangar.

TAG: My Hangar Crew, Times.

Cyrus Morgan
    State Room, The Nonchalant, Orbiting Mon Calamari

Cyrus watched the Hologram move into site and sit. She was preety, for a General.

Cyrus, I hope your enjoying your Vacation.

As much as I can, General.

He drank from the glass full of Corellian Wine.

You have news? Or an assignment? I imagine your not awake at this ungodly hour on your world just to wish me a good time.

We have something that you might want to see. Sending the transmission now.

The Transmission was a file containing a message sent out a few days ago.

Dear Outcasts,

After spending much of the year pursuing our own paths, it is time to once again come together. Those of you who have chosen to retire, we wish you peace. To those who would like to return, we welcome you with open arms. If any of you know of others who would like to join our cause, please contact them. The Outcasts are back and we will make our impact on the Galaxy once more.

Sincerely,
    Laine & Earwen
    Chancellor & Vice Chancellor

He read it twice just to make sure.

What are you wanting this time? I thought we had agreed the Outcasts were no longer an enemy.

We want you to go anyways and make sure. We don't want another Kre'Fey incident. Though they had no real fault in it, they were the sole target. We just want a preliminary Intelligence Report. An Official one. This means you can tell them and be honest up front.

Anything else?

No, Major Morgan, nothing else. Your Vacation is now Officially over.

The General signed off and Cyrus sat back in thought. This was a good opportunity. Though the General trusted him, no one else did because of his direct disobedience. This might just let him do some good in the Galaxy and do what he loves. He commed the bridge.

Set a course for Dantooine.

Yes sir.

Cyrus was glad that this time he knew exactly where to go.

TAG: None yet.

OOC: My Character Sheets for the other players. Russton Xelcron, Cyrus Morgan

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Greth Artrosk

More beings soon appeared on the scene, no doubt responding to the Lieutenant's call for help. That was when Greth spotted the figure being lowered from the open hatch of a nearby ship and it soon became very apparent that she was dealing with some sort of medical emergency. Although, she was uncertain how she would be able to assist in such a situation.

Being part of the Galactic Alliance military during it's heyday, she had adequate training in all sorts of areas, including first aid. But she was nowhere near a medical expert and she had only been drilled in the very basic procedures. She may be able to keep the current patient comfortable, but it would not cure the problem. That would have to be left to the professionals in their field.

And almost on cue, the medical team arrived and relieved Greth and the others of their current duty. Greth was only able to watch in silence as the medics ushered the young woman across the hangar and out of sight. Despite not knowing the woman or being able to help, she could only hope that she would be alright. Somehow, she felt she was in good hands.

"All new recruits, make it up to Briefing Room A ASAP," the Lieutenant's voice rang out again, breaking Greth out of her reverie. "There's going to be a meeting starting soon."

Recruits? Had her mother sent her back to the military? And if so, why?

Swallowing the lump forming in her throat, Greth obediently filed in behind the others and idly followed them towards the meeting room.

The meeting room itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It had all the usual features one would expect to see in such an area and in many cases, it felt right at home. But despite the furnishings that adorned the room, Greth couldn't help but notice the two regal-looking women addressing the assembly.

"If you haven't yet done so, please fill out the New Recruit Survey," the first woman was saying as she entered. "There are several spare datapads on the table if you need to borrow one."

As Greth turned to reach for one of the datapads being offered, she took note of the other occupants of the room for the first time. Much to her surprise, there appeared to be no uniformity among the others that suggested this was a military operation. They came from all worlds and backgrounds; no two were exactly the same. In many cases, this did a lot to set her mind at ease. Perhaps her mother really did know what she was doing, after all.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Greth flipped on the datapad and peered at the screen. A series of questions immediately appeared on the screen. But it was the first one that drew her attention:

How did she find out? She didn't.

Greth had no idea these 'Outcasts' even existed. In fact, she had no idea who they even were. Would it be completely out of line to simply ask? Would they cast her out right there without even giving her a chance if she admitted the truth?

Pressing her lips into a thin line, she made her decision.

My mother sent me here...she said it's some kind of crazy quest to 'find myself.' Was she right? I don't know. To be honest, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Maybe...you can help?

Inhaling through her nose, she confirmed her entry and moved onto the next two questions:

What position within the Outcasts do you seek (pilot, technician, medical staff, security, etc)?

Well, I'll answer this one together since they go hand in hand. I've had some brief Jedi training when I was younger, but that hardly qualifies as a blip on the radar, as far as I'm concerned. My real training took place in the Galactic Alliance military as part of Intel. I worked there exclusively during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and if you have such a department, I would like to continue that work with you.

Drawin

20. Katana_Master

Oct 27, 2007

?The blade belongs to a member of a clandestine but respectable group of Force users. This particular blade belonged to a high-ranking member of the group, which translates as someone of extreme power and ability.?

Fyar listened to this with a mixture of interest and suspicion. When she was done, Fyar responded.

??Clandestine and respectable?? In my experience, those two rarely go well together, present company excluded. What if I were to tell you that the man who used this sword was in the company of mercenaries who launched an sneak attack on our base - to my knowledge without provocation - and used this blade to bring Commander Lirian within a centimeter of her life??

Fyar waited for her answer. He couldn?t help noticing though, the icy politeness that currently embodied Chancellor Snowtrekker.

I suppose I?ve been a bit rude, but then, what choice did I have?

TAG: Laine, Blade

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    IC:

Sia bowed to the pair. ?My apologies.? She straightened and stood with her feet apart and her hands folded behind her back. ?The blade belongs to a member of a clandestine but respectable group of Force users. This particular blade belonged to a high-ranking member of the group, which translates as someone of extreme power and ability.?

Unless the girl was some sort of historian, which Laine doubted, she had been connected to that group at some point. At some future time, it might be expedient to ask more, considering that she was joining the Outcasts, especially if it dealt with a small group of Force users, one of which had apparently gone rogue. Obviously it wasn't a mystery to be dealt with quickly.

??Clandestine and respectable?? In my experience, those two rarely go well together, present company excluded. What if I were to tell you that the man who used this sword was in the company of mercenaries who launched an sneak attack on our base - to my knowledge without provocation - and used this blade to bring Commander Lirian within a centimeter of her life??

"I say you were right to bring your commander here," Laine said. Even if he had been a bit rude. "Lirian has some of the best docs working on her right now, and we must leave it at that for the time being. Even though you had no intention of rejoining us, perhaps you and your commander would reconsider after she recovers? If you both will please come back into the room, we have a briefing to conduct."

Laine smiled, trying to convey that she was no longer annoyed nor angry, and walked back into the room and took her place beside Earwen. \\Drama, already, she sent to Earwen. \\We all ready to start?

TAG: Sia, Fyar, Earwen

OOC: Briefing coming very soon

22. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Zayl Kraer
    Dantooine, Mon Calamari Cruiser, Briefing Room

Zayl had tilted his head in interest upon seeing what looked like medical emergency but he did not get up to following; partly because neither of the Chancellors seemed to want to dismiss them but mostly because the simple fact that he was a soldier, not a medic, and thus he wouldn't have anything to contribute.

So instead, his focus was upon the datapad that was handed to him once all the recruits had filed in. Lifting up the device, he turned it on and looked upon the questions that immediately flashed before his eyes.

How do you feel about the color-

Hm? Before Zayl had time to finish reading the last question, it vanished, apparently having been erased. With a raised brow, the sniper stared at the space where the question had once been, even turned the datapad off and on again to see if it would appear but it didn't. Odd. Mentally shrugging to himself, Zayl started typing in his answers.

1. A fellow retiree that I fought with during the Yuuzhan Vong War mentioned the recruitment.

Zayl gave the second question a bit more thought, seeing as the categories that they were giving examples of tended to be crew on the ship itself and not anything to do with ground forces. Were they just looking for ship crew and not soldiers? Zayl just answered truthfully, typing in his answer.

2. Sniper or Infiltrator. Anything involving ground operations.

He'll have to see what they thought of that. Moving on to the final question, Zayl couldn't help but let a small, grim smile come to his face. Experience, huh?

3. Joined the Republic Military after the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Was trained and selected to perform as a sniper during the first four years of the war due to high marksmanship scores in basic training. At 28ABY, during the reformation of the Republic into the Galactic Alliance, I was selected as a candidate to the revived 5th Regiment SpecForce Infiltrators. Being accepted, I performed mainly assassinations and sabotage throughout the rest of the war and received minor skills in demolitions. Continued for two more years after the war's end and took a...

Zayl paused, trying to think of an appropriate word and then finally ended with...

...vacation.

A much needed one too.

TAG: Briefing Room

23. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007

Lirian.

Fyar?s whole statement hadn?t made any sense and Sia had been beginning to doubt its truth until he said that name.

She dismissed the fighter simulation in her head. It had done its job, bringing her to a condition of control.

A Sentinel would have only gone to such unnatural lengths for such a person as Maranya Lirian. The fact that the woman was now in the base begged Sia to do... something. There was nothing for her to do however. Sia was no longer a part of that life, and Maranya would never be able to escape from it alive.

Sia half-bowed at the Chancellor?s words and stepped aside to allow the woman to reenter the room first.

TAG: Laine & Fyar

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    IC as Earwen:

I think we are ready to start and it wouldn't be the Outcasts without the drama. Earwen sent back to Laine.

Lifting up her datapad Earwen sent Menelluin a message:

Time to go. No scenes or you'll be on KP for a week.
    -Mom

She watched as he read the note and cast her one last pleading glance. When Earwen shook her head no Menelluin reluctantly got to his feet and left. Earwen watched her son go before returning her attention to the incoming surveys. The answers intrigued her. Although, it was with great dismay that she noticed Jim's extra question hadn't been erased quickly enough. On her "To do" list she added Discuss with Palso when and where continuing the Prank Wars is appropriate and when it is likely to land him in the Brig.

Tag: Laine and Room

25. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    IC:

As Laine waited for Menelluin to get out of the room, she glanced at her data pad and noticed the surveys that Earwen had sent out, received back, and forwarded to her. The question about the color pink caught her eye, and she inwardly sighed. When will he learn when NOT to be a prankster, especially now that he's Brass?

Once the little Lightrider was gone, Laine stood in front of the tables where the recruits were. Time to hit the road running, so to speak.

"Welcome to the Outcasts," she began. "Thank you for responding to the call of joining us. Some of you have probably noticed that we run things a little more lax here than in the GA military or the Imperial Remnant. We mostly do work that we have picked up through the galaxy grapevine and connections we've made--sometimes merc work, intelligence gathering, battles--it just depends on the job. Our group is smaller than it used to be, so everyone will be expected to train in whatever position you may be asked to fill. Flexibility--it means that if you're a pilot, you'll learn ground work, and if you're normally accustomed to ground work, you may find yourself in the cockpit of a ship. Also, a few of the Outcasts are what we call Preventers--they specialize in infiltration and such work, and if you train with one of them, you can also get the Preventer label and be one of the first picks for such work."

She smiled. "Don't worry, though, we'll try to work together to find out what you do best, and then use you in that capacity." She went on and listed some of the rules (OOC: the rules in the opening post) and spoke about quartering, pulling up a ship's map while she did. "The Outcasts' quarters are here, and here," she said, pointing. "General Lightrider will post the layout for you all to be able to pick where you're bunking."

Laine pulled up another file--this one had four planets hanging in the holographic projector. "But if that's the preliminaries, we do have a job already on the docket. We have been hired, pending the group's agreement, to find a rogue group that has split off from the Galactic Alliance. No one knows why, except that they took along some top scientific research. Our informant and or employer had already narrowed down the possible planets that this rogue group is on. Once we have the wings formed, we will send each wing of the Outcasts to the separate lead planets to gather information about the rogue scientists, and, if possible, locate their base. Once the base is located, we will fall back and plan for the neutralization of the splinter group. Any questions?"

Laine knew it was a lot to take in, but she hoped that the recruits would be willing to take on the challenge.

TAG: the room

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.