1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Jedi Outcasts RP, v.6 [The Adventure Continues]--All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Jim_Palso Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Jim Palso
    Simulator Room, grounded Ill Repute II, Dantooine

Palso was listening to all of the communications traffic (which was also being recorded by the computers for future reference when Jim started arranging the squadron) very carefully, impressed by all of those who were either forced into a leadership role or who took leadership upon themselves.

As soon as he sighted the X-wing, he lined up his brackets and released the trigger, releasing an ion shot and then shifting his finger to launch a spray of lasers, before snap-rolling to the left to make sure he avoided whatever was thrown his way. With a quick move of his hands, he evened out his port and starboard shields, and doubled his front shields - he wouldn't need rear shields with the Force as his ally, he hoped.

Jim danced his X-Wing with his control stick, avoiding the ion blasts, but taking the laser blasts to his shields, which took his shields down a few percentage points, but nothing too bad. Just as the ion blasts passed him, he gently applied on the decelerator, slowing down to regain proper control to avoid any other weapons fire in a controlled manner---full speed wouldn't allow him to use the X-Wing's maneuverability if need be.

Aden snapped rolled to the left, Jim snapped rolled to the right, snapping off a few poorly aimed pot shots as he did. Jim fully expected his shots to miss as he quickly slowed down even more, bringing his starfighter about to port to line up with Aden's retreating starfighter. Jim risked a moment of taking major damage (from being a suddenly slow moving target) to line up behind Aden's starfighter. As Jim brought his speed back up to full, he targeted in his proton torpedoes on Aden and waited for a target tone.

"Anyone call for pest control?" he asked over an open comm while tweeking his voice to give more of a back world drawl.

Palso suddenly snapped his attention to Kal's direction who had somehow surprised him (probably because Palso was focused on Aden---what a rookie starfighter mistake!). Palso's alarm turned to delight as he remembered Kal and his last simulator battle together. "So Kal, you want a rematch already? Did you not get enough glory from winning the first time around?"

Suddenly Jim was boxed in from the front and from behind. Seeing that following Aden would only lead to Kal's easy kill shot of his X-Wing, Palso aborted his attack on Aden and broke formation, putting as much speed as he could between Aden and Kal. It wasn't a smart idea to get tucked into a fur ball out-numbered two to one. But as Jim retreated, he armed a proton torpedo with a two second timer and a zero speed drop---basically a free-fall bomb. It was an old trick he learned while in the kingdom of Jod...

Tag Sinre, Mitth :cool:
  2. Laine_Snowtrekker Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Laine Snowtrekker

Gorthaga nodded."I will stay then. Do you have any spare positions in the medical department? I am also good at droid creation and modification, and I am a decent pilot, if that does anything." Gorthaga asked, clicking his fingers. The R3 Droid hovered into their ship. "I will give you a minute, if you need it." He added, jumping onto his ship.

Laine looked at Earwen. The Mon Cal's self-qualifications sounded good, except for maybe that part about the droids, considering that his kept falling on its face. "Field medic sounds good to me. Pilot, too. We could throw him into the ongoing sim after he gives us the basic information. What you do think?"

Before Earwen could respond, however--

Gorthaga walked to the door, banging his head, before jumping out.
    "I have disconnected from my people, so what do you say?" Gorthaga announced. His Droid followed him, and fell face first out of the door."Have you got any droids I can buy? HK-50? FEG Series? GD16?" He asked, pulling up the droid.

"Well, we don't actually sell our droids to our pilots, to my knowledge. Since we are a bit mercenary, most people come with their own or scrounge one up. Plus, that means you can put your creation and modification skills to work. You are quite welcome to stay with us, as a pilot and as a field medic. Vice Chancellor Lightrider here will take your information, get you billeted and send you to the sims, which is where the rest of our group currently is. You might take them by surprise. Any questions?"

TAG: Earwen, Gorthaga

3. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC;I noticed that my droid switched from R7 to R3. [face_whistling]

IC; Orkbar

"No Questions. I am assuming that you are talking about a starfighter simulator? Does it have all types of ship available? Like my ship? and could I connect R7... If he still works." Gorthaga asked, kneeling on the floor next to R7. He pulled out a small tube like object, and pulled down a small switch, causing a blade to pop out the end.

"I made this myself, if you need me to prove anything. It has a screwdriver, spanner, Bacta-Injector, blade and torch." Gorthaga explained, sliding it into the R7 droid. The Head slide to the side, and Gorthaga examined inside. The Insides were burnt, and the Third leg was damaged.
    "If I may please have a temporary Astromech unit, until I can mend this." Gorthaga asked, flicking a small twitch on the side, deactivating the Droid. He then pulled out a large bundle of burnt wires, and threw them into his ship. It seemed to have been scorched by a one of the Blasts that Irvba had shot at him as he was leaving for the Secondary ship. He clicked the head back on, and then slid the knife back into the tube.
    "You said you would take my information?" Gorthaga finished, slipping the small home made pen knife onto his belt.

Tag; Earwen, Laine.
  4. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC; Well done to Jim_Palso for getting the 200th post. :D
  5. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Russton Xelcron
    Hangar Chief's Office, Ill Repute, Dantooine.

Russ decided to get some sleep in before he had to take up the job on the B-Wings that were being delivered. He laid back on the cot in his office and sighed as he lowered the lighting down to a low level.

TAG: NONE

Cyrus Morgan
    Fighter Sims, Ill Repute, Dantooine

Cyrus signed onto the comm again.

This is Cyrus Morgan, Lets go ahead and move forward and take these guys out. Sooner we do it sooner I can get out of this damn thing.

He quickly engaged the engines and flew into the fight.

TAG: Sim Fighters!
  6. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    IC as Earwen:

"I will take some of your information on the way to the sims." Earwen replied. "The rest of the questions can wait until after we've clocked sim time." As they walked, Earwen asked him the basics. Recording his answers on her datapad.

"What ship do you want to fly?" She asked him as they arrived.

Tag: Gorthaga
  7. Xanteth Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC as Xanteth:

Several shots sent his way left scorch marks on the B-wing. One shot had caused damage to the tip of the left wing throwing Xanteth's steering a little off center. His shields were holding, but he'd need more than a little bit of luck to survive the next pass. He brought his B-wing around in a large loop, careful to rotate the shielding so that it was always between himself and Flight A. Another run would be suicide. Xanteth thought. Perhaps I should see how much of a distraction I can be and hope that the rest of my flight will close in. The loop brought him back in line with the ship designated A-1 and he began firing.

Tag: Steaksauce and Team C & B!
  8. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Gorthaga

"What ship do you want to fly?" She asked him as they arrived.

"So I don't get any ship I like?! Brilliant! Can I get my droid connected atleast?! And give me whatever medic or passenger ships you have. If not; What are my options?" Gorthaga replied, examining the room.
  9. Katana_Master Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Fyar

The B-Wing he had been shooting at went evasive, looping around and coming in for an attack at A-1, keeping his intact shields between him and Fyar at all times. Whoever he was, he certainly wasn?t a rookie.

Fyar remembered the last time he had gone up against a B-wing, the things had way to much shielding, by the time Fyar?s lasers had finished chewing their way past the energy barriers, those guns might have reduced A-1 to scrap. Luckily, he had more in his arsenal.

Fyar switched to concussion missiles and brought the crosshairs onto the enemy fighter. Fyar knew that it must be setting off alarms in the B-wing?s cockpit, but he only needed the enemy to keep flying straight for another second or two.

TAG: Xanteth
  10. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC @Cheeseywob1337: :confused:
  11. Xanteth Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC as Xanteth:

Alarms blaring Xanteth immediately brought the B-Wing into an inline spin. *crack*

"Sith spit! Please tell me that was not the gyro-staBLECH!"

After seeing his dinner a second time, Xanteth wished that the simulation wasn't quite so accurate. The locked gyro-stabilizer meant all spins and rolls were out.

Retreating now is pointless. It won't take that pilot long to get another lock on me. Let's see what damage I can cause before they take me out.

He lined up with A-1 and fired his ion cannon. Hoping he could score a hit before the oncoming barrage that he knew was only seconds away.

Tag: Steaksauce and Fyar
  12. Blade_of_Silver Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Sia

Sia swung out of the immediate battle, keeping an eye out for the lone pilot?s reinforcements. As Fyar came close to taking out the B-wing, she saw what the enemy pilot intended to do.

Seeing no other immediate dangers, she pulled in front of A-1, shunted her shields forward, and turned to open fire on the enemy ship, hoping to hit a non-shielded area, force the pilot to give up on his target, or even out his shields and give Escalos a good shot.

TAG: Xan, Fyar, and the rest of the party

IC: Aran

?Uh, right.? he cleared his throat, trying to calm himself down. ?You?re on a MonCal called the Ill Repute run by a group called the Outcasts. I?m Doctor Aran Crypt.?

Realizing that she might need more than that, he added, ?You were brought here because of your injury by... oh drat... name.... his name... HA! Fyar Escalos!?

TAG: Maranya
  13. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Why are you :confused:?
  14. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3

OOC: Just was confused about your last post mate. I reread it after I posted and I get what you were saying now, it just sounded off, grammatically speaking.

Welcome to the team, BTW. :)

IC:

Hangar Bay

Groggily rousing from his mat in the corner after the third dropped hyperspanner, Roxez sat up and stretched. The floor wasn't the most comfortable, but he knew anything softer and he'd not be able to stand it. He was used to sleeping on deck plates; it just felt more natural. He stood and rolled his bedding back up, tucking it behind his boxes, then glanced out into the hangar. It was busy; he checked his chronometer - too early for normal shift, must be a rush job. Makes sense, he surmised, with the brass back in action, the ships would need to be tuned up.

Ah well, it didn't matter much to him. He was just the janitor. He trundled over to the equipment room, grabbed his mop and bucket, and got back to work cleaning up grease spills. There were tools and parts strewn around so he had to step gingerly, keeping his distance (and the wet mop from components). As he cleaned up the open spots, Roxez took a view of the hangar, specifically some of the techs working. He had always kept his background a secret from the Outcasts, doubting they would believe their janitor was capable of more than just wrangling his mop and sliding trash down the compactor. In particular he was looking over the shoulder of two techs working on upgrading one of the engines of an XJ3 X-Wing. The two techs were arguing about how the engine couldn't get above 95% efficiency.

"You have the EM flux core in backwards." It just blurted out. Roxez's eyes grew wide after he recognized what he said. The two techs turned and stared at the now sheet-white janitor.

"So what would you know about it?"

Roxez breathed out heavily. Here we go, he muttered. "The EM flux core. It's in backwards. It's disrupting the flow."

The two techs laughed. Roxez was quite embarrassed. "Kid," one of them finally said, "you don't know what you are talking about. The engine's built to spec. The EM flux core is in the way it was designed."

"The design's wrong." Roxez blurted out again.

"You're telling me, that Incom, in redesigning their engine to be safer and cleaner, got it wrong?" Roxez stammered and settled for a slight nod. "Okay janitor, prove it."

"Well, ummm...." Roxez had trouble speaking, so he did what came naturally: he blurted. "The Incom 4L4 engine was overpowered in the original edition and prone to overheating, leading to shutdown or explosion. The R2 units in X-Wings were constantly having to fix the engines mid flight, tuning the matter stream from each fusion reactor. So Incom on the next iteration added the EM flux core, designed to control the matter flow from the reactor. However, the original spec had the core installed, well, wrong, retarding the flow of the stream. They thought a slower stream wouldn't overheat, but they just caused a backflow issue. By flipping it around, it actually compresses the matter stream to give the required cohesion, plus boosts engine performance up to 97%... 99% if you switch the core's power supply from covalent to direct with a rectifier." He paused, catching his breath. The two techs just stared, dumbfounded. Finally one of them spoke.

"You can't just flip the part around, it only fits in one way."

"Just use some bonding compound and an inversion clamp in the pocket below the regulator, then route the tubing around the circuit boards." Again, Roxez just blurted out what to do, telling these senior techs they were wrong.

"So how do you know all that?"

"I, uh... that is, I..." Roxez couldn't tell them. He backed away slowly not watching where he was going. It ended up with him backing into a trash receptacle, spilling broken parts and dirty rags all over the floor. "Sorry! Sorrysorrysorry... I'll get this picked up right away!"

"Watch where you're
  15. Katana_Master Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Maranya

The man in her grasp was, not surprisingly, on the edge of panic. Not that Maranya particularly cared about his feelings, she just wanted him to answer her questions before the agonizing fire in her belly ? only aggravated by her sudden movements and the pressure of the doctor?s body held against hers ? made her pass out.

?Uh, right.? The doctor cleared his throat. ?You?re on a MonCal called the Ill Repute run by a group called the Outcasts. I?m Doctor Aran Crypt.?

A Mon Calamari Cruiser? The room looked about right for that. Outcasts? That sounded familiar, and it would explain why they hadn?t bothered to restrain her? No no no, that was dangerous thinking, this could very easily be some kind of trick. And anyway, if they hadn?t brought her here, who had? No one was left alive, that she knew of, certainly no one who could defeat a Sentinel.

The doctor interrupted her thoughts by speaking again. ?You were brought here because of your injury by... oh drat... name.... his name... HA! Fyar Escalos!?

Fyar? Fyar was alive, somehow, and brought her here? Suddenly she remembered her conversation with Escalos shortly before everything hit the fan. About his previous employers, a group known as the Outcasts. Was it possible? Had the man somehow managed to defeat the Sentinel, keep Maranya from dying and take her here? Skilled and loyal though the man was, this stretched belief. The flame in her gut wouldn?t let her think on it, so she spoke instead.

?Okay, assuming you are telling the truth,? she looked over at the medics standing, shock-frozen on the other side of the bay, and gestured at them. ?You, go find whoever is in charge here, and tell them that I want to talk. And go find Fyar, while you?re at it.? The medic unfroze, and then ran off. Maranya looked around, trying to locate some sort of weapon.

TAG: Blade

IC: RandomMedic

Kehteran ran down the corridors, as though he was trying to outrun the madwoman who had just taken over the medical bay.
    This wasn?t in the job description! Troublesome patients he could deal with, not paranoid combat-trained crazies who grabbed the first person they saw upon waking up! Hrumph!

Whoever is in charge, or Fyar Escalos, preferably both, since she seems about ready to tear the place apart, where, where? Ah!

He came around the corner and nearly ran right into Laine Snowtrekker.

?Chancellor!? He gasped, at a loss for breath. ?Mad? Patient! She?wanted? in charge? need? Fyar Escalos? Took over? Medbay! Wooh!?

And he fainted.

TAG: Laine
  16. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I forgot to Tag Earwen in my last post. Tag... [face_whistling]
  17. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Juerr Pakka
    Sims

The battle was on, and the risks were pilling as A-flight was ambushed. Perhaps not in a highly effective manner but one that was enacted before the tentative plan his fellow pilots had been forming could be sprung into motion.

Sitting back after his initial dodge he watched as the other two pilots tried to protect him. As they leapt into action he leaned back in his chair as it vibrated from impacts, why he could nearly tussle those two's hair for what they were doing.

Seeing a second ship finally entering the fray he turned about as he activated the missles, switching them over to heat seaking he fired them ahead of the path of the incoming craft. "One at a time." he muttered.

TAG: Zandoran, A-Team, Barbeque and Chicken legs
    IC: Kal Jeti

Sims

"So Kal, you want a rematch already? Did you not get enough glory from winning the first time around?"

Grinning he just shook his head, "I hav' enuf glory partner. Thought we might try a little double team on these green'youngs." still using the thick accent he switched to his ion cannon and fired off random shots at the fleeing craft that Palso had abandoned his pursuit of. Not really aiming he just left it at a knee-jerk barage. He had questions when it came to fighting force users in a battle, Groucho had given him the attached file on the pilot he was facing which meant they might be answered, a rarity as such services weren't availible usually in the field, and not to mention a sim was a much safer way to test a theory. Such as did they react the same to non-lethal fire and intent the same as to laser blasts?

TAG: Palso, Sinrebirth
  18. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    IC as Earwen:

"We have a transport ship that you can fly in sims. It is rigged up with medical basics and there is a pre-programmed droid already hooked up. You can swap it out for yours if you prefer. The simulation is already in progress and I have a feeling there will be pilots needing assistance shortly. You are tasked to collect all pilots who are no longer in their ships, treat them as necessary, and get them to safety. Any questions?"

Earwen eyed the seat that was her X-wing. Anxious to get in on the action.

Tag: Gorthaga
  19. Xanteth Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC as Xanteth:

As soon as Xanteth had fired his ion cannon - he checked his shield readings.

"Time to get out of here."

He switched off shields and hit the releases that would launch his droid and himself into space. Clearing the ship mere seconds before it exploding. The beacon on his suit was activated to notify the transport that he needed picked up.

"Guess that makes me casualty number 1. I'm sure glad it was just a simulation."

Tag: Steaksauce, Sia, & medical transport

OOC: Sia - if you lined up directly between my ship and A-1 then you took the ion cannon blast and have a ship that is dead in space. If you weren't directly in-line then A-1 took the hit. I'll leave it to the two of you to decide. :)
  20. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1

"Thanks." Gorthaga said, walking up to the simulation pod. He jumped in, and prepared to activate the simulator.
    "Going In." Gorthaga announced, flicking the button and leaning back. The Simulator activated, and the screens lit up. He grinned, and flew around for a moment, getting used to a ship that worked for once.
    "Anyone need me?" Gorthaga muttered, hoping there was a communications system somewhere.

There was a sudden Beeping. Gorthaga turned to find out what it was, accidentally swerving his ship. A Beacon thing had been activated for him to pick someone up.
    "Who is that, where are you?" Gorthaga asked. There was a beeping from the droid, and a small block of text popped up on the Screen. It said that a person called Xanteth needed picking up.
    "Thanks droid..." He mumbled. "Xanteth, where are you?" Gorthaga asked.

Tag; Xanteth

OOC; Is it my job to pick up loons who have crashed?:confused: EG; Xanteth? :p
  21. Xanteth Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Yes, please pick up this loon. And for the record, I didn't crash. I ejected before my ship got blown up.

IC as Xanteth:

Xanteth stared at the panels on his simulation pod. They had all gone dark. The seat had lurched when he had hit the eject button and after the flash of his ship exploding had died away from the screen he was able to watch the ensuing battle.

Please remain in your simulator until rescue arrives. Sang the sweet voice of the main computer.

Xanteth kicked his feet up, folded his hands behind his head, and just stared at the screen. Maybe there is an advantage to being first destroyed in a sim... he thought.

Tag: Gorthaga [Sorry, he can't hear you. His ship comm was destroyed with his ship and the personal communicator that he carries is in a "Can you here me now?" "No." zone. :p His beacon, however, should show up on your instrument screen, giving you his exact location.]

22. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    IC as Earwen:

As Gorthaga disappeared into his sim ship, Earwen walked over to the simulation controls. She studied the overall battle display for several minutes. Recalling a program Dinn had designed, Earwen changed the control skematics of the ship she would be flying. It would still be her XJ with with the black starry paint job, but the control panel would have an interactive element that it only had in simulation. It would effectively allow her to appear jumping in and out of hyperspace at whim. She would be able to tell the computer at what coordinates she wanted to appear and when she wanted to disappear from sensors. Thus, she would be taking on the role of unpredictable enemy and gaining the ability to see first hand the reactions of several pilots to combat. She scanned the overall readouts before selecting her first target. A-3. A glance over her shoulder confirmed that her droid, Meneldil, was in place.

"Please calculate the coordinates necessary to enter near enough to A-3 to engage immediately into battle."

A few beeps and a whistle later and Earwen engaged the program. Coming into the battlefield clear of other ships. A-3 being the closest ship and approaching his ship at approx. 60 degrees from dead on. Bringing the targeting system online, Earwen began to fire her laser cannons, watching as the blue lasers streaked towards her target. No sense using the torpedos until after I figure out how he reacts. Let the fun begin!

Tag: Sarge221

OOC: These call numbers make me feel like I'm playing battleship. Have I sunk your sub yet? :p Oh, and fight each other or you might be my next target. [face_evil]
  23. Jim_Palso Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Jim Palso
    Simulator Room, grounded Ill Repute II, Dantooine

"I hav' enuf glory partner. Thought we might try a little double team on these green'youngs."

Jim Palso grinned at his friend's change of alliances. Jim's chuckle could be heard over the com channel. "Deal!"

Palso slowed his craft to line up with Kal's. He opened the comm channel, "Tag Aden, you're it!"

Palso left the comm message short and sweet, allowing the new recruit to interpret the message how he wanted. Jim hit a few quick controls and Kal's color changed to green, like Jim's, on the sensor board. Anyone paying attention to the color change on their sensor screens would see that suddenly Kal and Jim were on a team to create some chaos.

Tag Mitth, Sinre, Anyone else :D :p
  24. Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Knight

star 1

After a moment of waiting, Gorthaga realised to check the screens in his simulated ship. He quickly noticed that there was a small red dot on one of his screens, indicating where the ship was.
    "Coming." Gorthaga muttered, spinning to the side before heading towards the crashed ship. He spun out of boredom, and flicked a few switches to speed up. A Moment later, he began to slow down as he reached his destination.
    "Now what do I do?!" Gorthaga muttered. It was the first time he had used a sim, because the Mon Calimari fleet was too busy for simulators, so he was pretty confused at how he could rescue someone. He could see a few floating pieces of starfighter, and decided to fly into them, examining the wreckage.

Tag; Xanteth and anyone who can answer my question about how I can pick someone up in a simulator.
  25. Laine_Snowtrekker Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: One, it's a simulator. If you simulate picking someone up, their simulator will indicate it as such and then they can get out of their simulator...

IC:

A medic tore around the corner, shouted, ?Chancellor!? He gasped, at a loss for breath. ?Mad? Patient! She?wanted? in charge? need? Fyar Escalos? Took over? Medbay! Wooh!? Then he fainted.

Obviously, this was something that needed attention.

Laine walked quickly to the medbay. Inside was the doctor, Crypt, being held by Fyar's commander. She thumbed her comm and called Fyar. "Escalos, you had better come to the medbay." She clicked off.

"Ma'am, it's good to see you awake. Your man Escalos brought you here in pretty bad condition, and so I'd really like it if you let my doctor go. I'm Chancellor Laine Snowtrekker of the Outcasts. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

TAG: Katana
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.