main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Jedi Outcasts Social Thread, v.6. All are Welcome -- TOS Minded

Discussion in 'Community' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    helloooooooooooooo everyone! how are things?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh you know, just chillin' in the instrument fort

3. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Nothing going on here. Nothing at all. [face_sigh] Hm. We DID put up a wrought iron screen and door to cover the sliding glass door on the back of the house. Put in a new door, too since the old one was all scratched up and falling apart. I mean, it has only been there since 1979... The dogs are puzzled though. Since the door is double paned they see a double image (especially in their reflection) when they look in. Now, I actually have a screen door and can enjoy a spring breeze upon occasion. Pretty nice. :)

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm sorry to hear that. Any luck with the other local colleges? At least they will let you get certified.

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Things are going well. How are you doing?

*realizes she missed a page with her last reply*

Screen doors are nice. That is one thing our new house lacks on the front door.

6. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    as the mod favorite, i believe the best response to this question is "fat and sassy."

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    If I'm willing to wait until fall, but my old associates teacher just gave me some info that I will try to use Wed to get the class either waived or marked as already having taken enough previous courses to qualify it as done ;) So here's to praying that goes well this Wednesday!

Sounds nice Sis, perhaps they will be too distracted by their own reflections to focus on the skunks for a bit ;)

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Good to hear, mod favorite. :p

*prays that Wednesday goes well for Mitth* I hope it all works out for you Mitth!

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well she asked for more information so I am on a 'wait and see' approach with an opening of 'possibly' from the department chair.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    That's better than a flat out no. :) *happy dances and is hopeful for you*

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Twiddles thumbs while playing a trumpet with his feet*

What? I get bored of all the reading I have to do sometimes :p

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    With your feet? Now that's talent.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    You better believe it! Although learning not to inadvertanly take a deep breath and snort toe jam is apparantly an art I still need to work on ;)

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *giggles* Now I'll have that funny mental image stuck in my head for a while. I'll pass on learning that talent - I'd rather go through life without tasting toe jam.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, your loss ;)

How have you been Earwen?

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Pretty good. Frantically trying to finish up several tatted angels before the tatting workshop this weekend and tending to the yardwork in hopes of reviving my dead grass (the house was vacant for a year before we bought it).

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Good times, are you going to try just to revitalize or hybridize your grass lawn?

18. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Hello. I have noticed that lately, people have begun using the word 'substantive' instead of 'substantial'. The dictionary gives the same description for both words. That is all.

This has been an episode of useless observations by VVM.

19. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm going to attempt to revitalize it first. Some of it is starting to green up.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Best wishes. Been through that process at least before, it can be fun and somewhat rewarding when you finally see the color green once more start pocking through for all your hard efforts ;)

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What must one do to become a member here?

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm seeing more green with my seedlings for my garden then I am in my lawn, but that just means I get to enjoy fresh veggies this summer.

It used to be you joined the RP to become a member... now you just jump into the conversation.

23. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Well. I'm back. Thought I'd get here sooner - it's been almost two months - but there's been a lot of upheaval in our lives. My Father-in-law died on April 10, and while that is somewhat sad, it is not completely so. He was a flight technician and top turret gunner on a B-17 during WWII and was shot down over Berlin in 1944 and taken captive. He sat out the rest of the war in a POW camp. Consequently, he spent the rest of his life beset with nightmares and about a year and a half ago, became subject to dementia. It was so sad to see such a stalwart man fade like he did. He was larger than life and we all miss him terribly. Please pray for him if you are so inclined. Thank you.
    Also, please pray for my Son-in-law and his mother. She just recently died of cancer after a long illness. I also lost my fishin' buddy of my college days - my brother and sisters grew up with him and his sisters. 'Butch' was a fun guy, a musician and all around good buddy. He was the last of his immediate family.

So you see, it has been a sad month. I could do with some prayers, too, as it has been so hard to deal with it all. Sorry to bring in the doom and gloom, but I know I can always count on my friends to be there for me.

Love and Blessings,
    Sel

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Prayers are one the way!

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *gently tackle hugs Sel* That's a lot to deal with at once. My prayers are with you and all the dear ones you mentioned.