main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Jedi Outcasts Social Thread, v.6. All are Welcome -- TOS Minded

Discussion in 'Community' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, got a job interview tomorrow. Part time gig, but otherwise solid and with some nice fringe benefits.

How are you and Bev? . . .I have never called him that before. . .I don't think I will do so again.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    considering that's usually reserved for females named beverly, probably a good idea mitth.

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't even call him that :p
    I hope the interview goes well for you.
    The two of us have been better. We are both still processong the news that Kaylee (our cat) has cancer ( found out yesterday). So I'm a bit on the emotional side right now.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That was the pits when my cat had that, didn't have the money for treatment or for it to be put down and once it got too bad we had to do it ourselves. Talk about an emotional day. :(

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *hugs*

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that... would just completely suck. sorry mitth. and sorry that you're having to deal with anything even remotely similar nat.

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks. What have you been up to?

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    being depressed. now, not being depressed.

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I like the now status :)

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, it's a nice change up, i have to say.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks, that was a few years back, so now just a sad memory. Hope things are better for your kitty Nat.

I too greatly indorse the now ;)

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    the now is certainly better than the then. it's nice to smile.

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Smiling is good. My kitty is snuggling in my lap.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sounds like a good evening. ;)

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Most definitely!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

16. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    *sidles in unnoticed* [face_plain]

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    'ello shira. how're things going?

18. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Not bad, not bad. Widening my forum experience, preparing for uni and such. You?

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    not a bad thing to be doing. what parts of this place do you normally haunt?

i'm currently trying to get rid of a migraine, and not succeeding very well. other than that, getting ready to finish a degree and not really sure what's coming after that. also getting over a breakup after about four and a half years together. so life i suppose.

20. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    The SWC normally. I've been branching out to Community and 7SA for a bit.

Migraines are the worst. Try caffeine, that's the only thing that works for me. What's your degree in? And I can relate to the breakup a bit, I'm sorry to hear that :(

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i've moved around a bit over the years. mainly been in here, the RPF and euc. i branch out sometimes, just looking to see if i find anything interesting, but seldom find anything to get me to stick around.

i have some migraine meds that have it built in, so here's hoping. it's not as bad as it was at least.

graphic design. not really what i was expecting it to be, and i'd much rather be a writer, but just isn't that much you can do with a writing degree. sadly. what're you thinking about going in for?

yea. it was more of a relief than anything, and it was mutual, but being alone after that long still sucks. for a bit after, i didn't know what to do with myself because it's such a time commitment to be in a relationship. suddenly you find yourself with so much more time to do whatever you want with, and it's slightly overwhelming. habits have to change, and all that. i imagine most people have to deal with it at some point in their life to one degree or another.

22. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, that's about how I am. I'm getting more interested in Community though.

I hope so. Migraines suck.

You can always write independently. That's what my dad does. It's harder to get published that way (if that's something you're after) but it's possible. I'm double majoring in Wilderness Horsemanship and Horse Health and Related Therapies.

Yeah it does, it's really hard. I'm glad it was mutual, at least there's that. It still sucks though, and yeah, it's a huge change. Have any plans with what to do with all that time?

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it helps when you meet people to talk to. that's probably what made me stick around where i did the longest. not that many of them are still around anymore... i feel old. being here a decade next year just... *shakes head* doesn't feel like it's been that long at all.

true, and that's kind of what i've been doing. working on a novel that'll be a series of novels with someone. that's been interesting. but it's also nice to be able to see improvement throughout the course of the first draft. and good lord has there been a lot of that. i can barely even recognize our writing from the start. the second draft is just so much better, with what we've been able to do. kind of mind boggling in some ways.

cool. what drew you to those two particular majors? i'm guessing you want to work on a ranch somewhere...?

been doing a lot of reading, playing games, just spending time talking to people. *shrugs* i'm not interested in a lot of the things people do around here, simply because it's going to bars and such. never saw the appeal of that, and drinking anything with alcohol in it makes me nauseous. seriously, i took a single drink of something that had about three cups of pepsi in it with a cap full of jack daniels in it, and it made me feel like i was going to be sick. no holding my liquor going on here. not that i have much interest in working on that mind...

24. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I bet. Not many people stick around that long, I'm sorry some people have disappeared.

What's it about, if I might ask? That's great! Improvement is such a huge motivator.

I dunno. I thought about hippo-therapy for a while, but then I was told I could work at a rescue with those degrees. I can also be hired on by racetracks, there's a whole spectrum of what I could do. I've always loved horses, but never had one of my own, and I've found I have a natural ability with them. I'd like to be able to do something worthwhile and meaningful with them.

I've never tried alcohol, but I haven't seen much draw to it, besides the taste curiosity. I don't have any goals or desires to get drunk or drink my problems away or whatever people do with that. What kinds of book genres are you in to?

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    heck, most of the people i knew in this thread are long gone as well. people move on. when no one thought there was going to be more movies, things started slowing down around here a lot. i doubt it'll ever pick back up to the time when i first joined, simply because of what movie that was. ROTS, the completion of the story of anakin, and getting to see his fall from grace. if they can capture even half of the excitement that brought for the new movies i'll be shocked.

it's a world the other guy created as a game in the RPF, that i ended up helping him out with to such a degree that things got really muddled as to who came up with what, or did what improvement. it ended up with such a clearly defined story that we decided to turn it into a book when the game died. it's a world where dragon's souls were essentially joined with mages (only some of them), and then were basically pushed into extinction by mages who wanted to be in control of things, but needed to get rid of the powerful rivals. what we're looking at is the what happens when some of them start coming back, and pushing against the tyranny of the mages. of course that barely scratches the surface of the series... but you know, gotta start somewhere.

whatever you end up doing with them, i wish you luck with it. sounds like something you can not only get satisfaction out of doing, no matter where you end up going with it, but also will be able to enjoy. and that is a major rarity.

i'm mainly interested in fiction, and inside of that fantasy and sci-fi. brent weeks, brandon sanderson, jim butcher, and terry pratchett are probably my favorite authors ATM. at least they're the easiest four to remember right now. what about you?