main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Jedi Outcasts Social Thread, v.6. All are Welcome -- TOS Minded

Discussion in 'Community' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Blade_of_Silver

Blade_of_Silver Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2007
    *Dashes to sent box.

Runs back with :oops:.*

Keep that up KM and you'll find your character's armor changed to florescent orange with purple highlights. [face_evil_grin]

:p

2. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    What's up Sarge? :cool:

Stop with all the pink. Not funny. [face_plain]

:p

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, limping due to an injured leg but not bad :p You?

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Leg injuries hurt so bad. I'm still not recovered fully from a bad sprane from about a month and half ago.

What is wrong with your leg?

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nothing serious. Was just playing some paintball on Sunday and some snow was hiding a fallen tree branch that I fell on. No broken bones or fractures or the like; just an abrasion that goes diagonally across my lower right leg and a couple bruises that have me limping for a couple days. But it's getting better :D

Gave me an idea for part of Zayl's CS anyway [face_laugh]

6. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I have a 19th Century British Literature essay midterm tomorrow. I will be very much in and out, and probably mostly out, while I study. Just saying.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Speaking of snow! We are getting more snow tonight! I'm 29 yrs old and first saw snow when I was 6 in first grade in 86 and haven't seen it since. Now we have had snow 4 times in the last yr! Crazynuts! I live in Louisiana for heavens sake. 40 or so miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The world is changing folks and I like it! SNOW!!!!

8. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007
    *Prepares to make everyone exceedingly envious.*

We haven't seen any snow at our house. Not a flake. Now the trees along the street are budding and we've seen some flowers that are starting to bloom. The only snow we've seen is the stuff that's on the distant mountains. Both Rainier and Baker have looked like ghosts since we got back to the area in October/November. The mega-strange part about the whole weather deal though is how sunny its been.

Course, poor KM was looking forward to at least some snow. Didn't work out.

EDIT: BTW, sent the revised CS for that one character. Final approval?

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I like snow and winter in general really :p

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Winter is my fav. season of all. Everyone down here is just in complete awe though because it is snowing again like I said earlier. It usually gets cold down here in dead winter I would say 40 degrees usually is the average. Well the last cold snap we had in mid Jan our gauge said 18 degrees for 3 days straight. Unheard of weather for down here.

11. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007
    40 is cold? That's like short-sleeves weather for us. :cool:

Or is that just me? :p

And I love winter too, snow or not. It's summer I have issues with. Prefer temperatures under 80 unless there's a swimming pool nearby with my name on it.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Lol, let me tell ya the summers down here are in the high 90's and low 100's. With the heat index it feels in the 110+

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I didn't realize we lived in the same State blade :p I am loving this years "winter" here.

I'm glad you said that about your CS Sarge, because I was gonna ask if the charater scars were inspired by the paintballing.

*makes a Skittles Italian Soda*

Anyone want anything?

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *A small grinding noise is heard as the fireplace spins around revealing an exact replica of the one faceing out but with the addition of a lone fandora wearing figure*

A glass of day be gone and two cc's of homework blues cure-all. Then the rights to start mass production.[face_mischief]

As for 18, warm weather, upper twenties to low thirties and higher are short sleeve weather...depending on who you ask.

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *hands over the drink and the rights*

I think the lowest my short weather starts is 45. I do remember a trip where all my Vegas relatives were in long pants and sweaters and we the Northern clan was all in shorts & tanktops. My aunt kept asking me if I needed something warmer.

16. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007
    Bleh. 18 is coooooold. Unless you're talking Celsius, then 18 is okay. 30 C isn't. Out here, everyone is happy with between 40 and 80 F depending on time of year.

Hey look, I posted in the RP! *Pats self on head.*

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    What state are yall in?

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Indeed Earwen :p

Short sleeve weather? That sounds like a day at the beach for me :cool: I'm a winter baby; born in January and when we used to have real winters! Where there would always be blizzards that would dump at least a foot of snow and the snow itself would have it's own stinging bite with how heavy it fell and how hard the wind blew.

As for that wonderful state that I live in, it be New Jersey.

19. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    Colorado for me. :)

Getting ready to finish up the Palso trilogy post here. :p

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm in Washington.

*sips drink and climbs into rafter swing*

21. Blade_of_Silver

Jan 17, 2007
    Western Washington here.

Never made it up to the New England states before, except New York, if New York City counts as New York. Love to go one day though, especially all the way up to Maine.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alaska for me.

Just getting ready to start a Jeti duology.

23. LadyDimples

LadyDimples Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Jeti duology?

*starts unpacking and decorating*

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Alaska I bet is so beautiful. Hey don't yall get sunlight for like 6 mths at a time 24/7?

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Basically yeah, the sun is behind the mountains most nights during that time where I live but it never quiet reaches twilight. Of course we also get the flipside of that during the winter where he hardely seem to get any sun for a few months, but having grown up up here to me it's just a part of life. Which maes any visits down south (That would be anywhere else:p) really interesting with there being true nights, and stars in the sky year round instead of just for a few months - not to mention being used to an average sunset taking a several hours.

Jeti is one of my characters, besides Pakka.