main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Pack Han Can Either Profit By This... [deck]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You Can Either Profit By This.../Or Be Destroyed
    -Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
    -Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber
    -Han
    An Unusual Amount of Fear
    -(Defensive Shields)
    Heading For The Medical Frigate
    -Colo Claw Fish
    -Do or Do Not & Wise Advice
    -Your Insight Serves You Well & Staging Areas

Characters:

Artoo
    Chewbacca, Enraged x2
    Dash Rendar
    Han
    Jerus Jannick
    Lando Calrissian, Scoundrel
    Leia, Rebel Princess
    Leia With Blaster Rifle
    Master Luke x2
    See-Threepio

Vehicles & Starships:

Millenium Falcon
    Outrider

Weapons & Devices:

Luke's Lightsaber
    Obi-Wan's Journal

Interrupts & Effects:

Blast the Door Kid! x3
    Control x4
    Eject! Eject!
    Gift of the Mentor
    I Know
    I've Got a Bad Feeling About This x2
    Leia's Back
    Life Debt x3
    Luke's Back
    Mindful of the Future x3
    Reflection
    Skywalkers
    Someone Who Loves You x3
    The Signal x3
    Traffic Control
    Wookiee Guide x2
    Wookiee Roar

Locations:

Tatooine: Cantina
    Tatooine: Dune Sea
    Tatooine: Jundland Wastes

My first shot at this objective...basic idea is to get leia out to free han with "someone who loves you", flip and retrieve, then use the combo of (in a best-case scenario) crappy Han with R3 Chewbacca with I've Got a Bad Feeling About This + BLast the Door Kid + Life Debt + wookie guide. The rest is just support cards mainly. It's a pretty simple deck and pretty much focused on using that combo to my advantage. No idea if this'll work but I wasn't trying for anything terribly complicated with this one. Some of my starting effects are available as d-shields but I couldn't think of any better starting effects and at least this way I'm free to pull out a couple extra shields now (like aim high and the podracer shield).

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I've played Profit many times before, it's the first objective I ever owned, and it's still one of my favorites! Haven't played it since Tatooine came out, so I'd like to see how some of the new cards work out.

Random thoughts on your deck...

Starting with Jedi Pack Han is okay, Premiere Han is a little better. But you certainly do not need a second JP Han in your deck. Replace it with EPP Han (first choice) or General Solo (second choice - works well with Chewie). Even better, put 2 EPP Han or 1 EPP Han + 1 Gen. Solo in there.

Starting effects ... Y'know, I've had a lot of luck with Goo Nee Tay in my Profit decks. Works well against Hunt Down decks, which can't really play Alter. At least keep that in your deck as an option.

Other starting effects to consider ... Seeking An Audience - you already have Artoo, just need to add A Gift for some nice benefits. Insurrection (reg. or combo) - get some docking bays out to help with activation.

I like Padawan Obi. Especially if I can get Obi's Hut out. Then add Gift Of The Mentor, which works two ways in this deck.

Get rid of Leia's Back and Luke's Back. Not worth it, in my opinion. Replace them with extra copies of Leia and Luke! EPP Luke works well in this deck. And if you have another Leia Rebel Princess, use it.

I like playing Captive Pursuit in my Profit decks. I don't have to control the Audience Chamber, just win a battle there.

Oooh, get rid of the Cantina. You're going to be busy just keeping control of the Audience Chamber, T:JP and maybe one other site, especially with so few characters.

I actually played a pretty decent "Pod Profit" deck in tournament, using the Profit objective, podracing, and high-destiny (yet still useful) interrupts like Gift Of The Mentor, Run Luke Run, I Know, A Jedi's Resilience, Losing Track, etc. Retrieve 10 force freeing Han, retrieve 10 more from podracing, it's sweet!

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll try to work a few of those suggestions into the deck, particularly the insurrection suggestion. I'll think about adding in a more powerful Han Solo, but my initial idea was to work around the ability 2 bonus using him and R3 chewie and blast the door kid, but perhaps it would be wise to have the other kinds as a backup in case the situation calls for it.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, here's a revision... Goo Nee Tay & Seeking An Audience can't be deployed with Heading for the Medical Frigate btw.

You Can Either Profit By This.../Or Be Destroyed
    -Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
    -Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber
    -Han
    An Unusual Amount of Fear
    -(Defensive Shields)
    Heading For The Medical Frigate
    -Colo Claw Fish
    -Do or Do Not & Wise Advice
    -Insurrection & Aim High

Characters:

Artoo
    Chewbacca, Enraged x2
    Dash Rendar
    Han
    Jerus Jannick
    Lando Calrissian, Scoundrel
    Leia, Rebel Princess x2
    Leia with Blaster Rifle
    Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
    Master Luke
    Obi-wan Kenobi, Padawan Learner
    See-Threepio

Vehicles & Starships:

Millenium Falcon
    Outrider

Weapons & Devices:

Luke's Lightsaber
    Obi-Wan's Journal
    Obi-Wan's Lightsaber

Interrupts & Effects:

A Gift
    Blast the Door Kid! x3
    Captive Pursuit x2
    Control x3
    Eject! Eject!
    Gift of the Mentor
    I Know
    I've Got a Bad Feeling About This x2
    Life Debt x2
    Mindful of the Future x2
    Reflection
    Skywalkers
    Someone Who Loves You x3
    The Signal x2
    Traffic Control
    Wookiee Guide
    Wookiee Roar

Locations:

Spaceport Docking Bay
    Tatooine: Docking Bay 94
    Tatooine: Jundland Wastes
    Tatooine: Obi-Wan's Hut

5. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I don't think that the Falcon works very well in Profit decks because Han is a captive. You could use GS1 with General Calrissian, but I think that Lando with Vibro-Ax is a must in Profit decks. This does look like a good start, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.