main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jedi Policy L/M One-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Oct 17, 2012.

1. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Title: Jedi Policy
    Disclaimer: Do not own Star Wars or the characters....
    Time frame: between Survivors Quest and NJO

Mara Jade Skywalker opened the door to her apartment, which she shared with her husband Luke Skywalker, after a long day thinking about a conversation she had just had with Corran Horn.

“You’re home late.” Luke said walking in from the kitchen.

“And you’re home early.” She countered accepting the hug and kiss he quickly gave her.

Both Mara and Luke were major work-alcoholics so just being home before eight at night would have been early for both Jedi. It was currently just after six, so Mara didn’t really consider herself late just that Luke was super early.

“How was your class?” He asked.

“Good. Corran and I did some sparring for the kids to watch. The girls enjoyed watching Corran get his ass kicked.” Mara answered smiling at the memory.

Luke smirked. “Corran loved that, I’m sure.”

“He’ll live.”

The couple returned to the kitchen where they began making dinner. Neither her or Luke were exactly known for their cooking skills, but since they were home at a decent time that evening ordering take-out seemed like a lazy way out.

They finished making dinner talking about the day’s events, New Republic senators, and light bantering. They had begun eating before Mara finally decided to breech the subject that had been on her mind.

“Why did you decide to change the Jedi’s rule on being able to marry?”

Luke looked up from his plate. “What rule?”

“The rule Master Yoda told you about way back when you were on Dagobah. Ring any bells?”

Luke shrugged. “Yeah, what about it?”

“Corran and I had a long conversation about it today. How the Jedi of that time didn’t want their members to have marriages or families and took children away from their families to train.”

“Well, I guess if you’re looking to change policy. Kidnapping children seems like a good change.” Luke said, face serious though his eyes betrayed the fact that he was joking.

“Cuz I’m such a poster child for how that turns out.” Mara quipped.

They both snickered at that.

“Really, Luke why did you ignore that rule. You spent years trying to find stuff on the Jedi of that time, yet you knew about the attachment rule and ignored it.”

“It wasn’t really relevant to me back then. You know what the life expectancy for Rebel star fighter pilots was?”

“I’m guessing pretty bad, and worse if you were in Rogue Squadron.”

“Got that right. Marriage wasn’t a priority, not when Vader is breathing down your neck.” Luke sighed.

Both had mutually agreed that time period for both of them was something neither liked to talk about and in general avoided.

“I guess it just felt wrong. What good is having all the compassion and love in the galaxy, but no one to share it with? Sure there are risks, but life is one big risk.”

Mara smiled and after a long moment said. “How did I get so lucky?”

“I think it was in part to a last command, and my farmboy charm.”

Belle1214 and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aw! I love these little family moments full of banter and love! Great little one-shot!

lukemaraben and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The no-atchment rule is just silly.

Very cute viggie! :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: Wonderful conversation =D= and true statements on both sides: it was his Farmboy charm and her ... irreplaceableness. :D [face_love] Love the gentle coupleness and how comfy Mara is with it. Thanks ever, ever so for sharing!

^:)^ [:D]

lukemaraben likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree with you Luke it was a silly rule.

Nice story!

6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Very sweet.

lukemaraben likes this.
  7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I adore slice-of-life fics. This was so sweet. I love them laughing together over their pasts.

8. Hans lil girl

Hans lil girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    this was so cute! loved the story.

Jade_eyes and lukemaraben like this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Luke and Mara mush!!! [face_love]

Luke has similar thoughts on compassion as his father said that, in his opinion, that compassion was a form of love.

Of course Anakin could have just been saying that to put Padme's mind at ease.

lukemaraben likes this.