main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JEDI Robes, Lightsabers, and Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    You are correct. They no longer make that pattern.

But I have it.

I might be convinced to let you borrow it. I made all the RoP costumes from it.

And I know a thing or 2 about making Hardware Sabers. Plus I have power tools.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Bret...if you could allow those of us who are interested in doing jedi robes, to borrow your said pattern, we would be extremely grateful!
    (besides, you'll need as many jedi robes as possible for any RoP sequels) ;)

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    1 "T" please.

Sure. But only if you start spelling my name correctly "Jeff" :p ;)

You have a PM

4. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    [aol_voice]You've got PM's[/aol_voice]

Edit: forgot the ' and it didn't look too good ;)

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's a site that also deals in Jedi costuming. Scroll down the page and you'll find some interesting patterns on Jedi tunics and robes (there's also one for a cloak).

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.twohy.com/ja/jedirobe1.gif]
    [image=http://www.twohy.com/ja/jedirobes.jpg]
    [image=http://www.twohy.com/ja/robesmeasure.jpg]
    [image=http://www.twohy.com/jedicloak.gif]

Yeah these are good paterns but theres nothing like having something you can actually trace.

7. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I've been thinking about a costume for Episode 3 also. Does anyone see me as Bultar Swann? I know, I know. I sort of resemble a hobbit (very short with curly hair) but there are no hobbits in SW. [face_mischief]

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    skye...I think you could pull off a very good Bultar Swann. And jedi costumes have alot of room for variation that you can do somethings different then the traditional Obi-Wan look.

Thanks to my headache of finding boots to fit 501st standards ((rolls eyes))...some people @ Rebel Legion suggested I shift away from the Obi-Wan style jedi into something a little more darker to match both. But I like the fabric I have scouted out for my robe...so I may stick with the basics regardless.

Bret (sorry about that ^^^) do you remember how much fabric (in yards) was necessary for robe my size? Anyone else looking for brown robes??? I can go in on a larger purchase with a group. (it's a buck a yard for Yoda's sake)

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    If you want sleves thenyou need at least 7 yards. But get more just in case.

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    And I know a thing or 2 about making Hardware Sabers. Plus I have power tools

You know thats practically an invitation . ;)

Anyone else looking for brown robes??? I can go in on a larger purchase with a group. (it's a buck a yard for Yoda's sake)

What kind of fabric is it Geoff? I don't like polyester or most synthetics. They make me itch.

I think I want to go with a darker brown, more Qui-Gon than Obi-Wan. It won't show the dirt as much. I also like QG's longer tabard. It has a longer line and that helps to hide my wider hips.

Skye I think you'd make a great Bultar Swann.

11. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I just changed the Subject line since we were discussing other costuming and since we didn't have a designated place to discuss the non-Tie costumes. ;)

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    What kind of fabric is it Geoff?
    I'll have to go back and get the exact name and fabric type. The one I was looking at was sorta like the Obi-Wan color...but a little darker.

I think I want to go with a darker brown, more Qui-Gon than Obi-Wan.
    Qui-Gon's robe is cool...in that you can have alot a variation in the color. I've been scanning the Rebel Legion member photos for ideas and many people go for the classic Obi-Wan look.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm just curious, how many times is the title of this thread going to change? :p

14. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I built my saber hilt from the big red box. If you have a pipe cutter and a dremmel thats about all you need. It came out great by the way.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Douz, if you could bring it to Zahn...I'd like to see what you guys did(for reference)

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    what is the big red box? :confused:

17. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    It's lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box:

The Big Yellow Box

I built two custom sabers of my own, so I followed my own design. However, I did use this site as a reference for ideas, it comes in handy.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I picked up 10 yards of that fabric I found at Wal-Mart...even bought a thing of thread (to match the color) This stuff is awesome...and at $1 a yard (grab it and GO!) you can't pass that up.

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I spent $30 at "Fashion Alley" in Downtown LA for the cloth to my robe, and it's so soft and thick....god I love LA, things come cheap if you know where to look!

20. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah...Wal-mart has like three of my threads there for like a buck!!! And I like them!

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay. Bret has lent me the patterns for the Jedi Robes. And I've spoken to Caroline.

What would you all (who were planning to do robes with me) say to doing them the evening of Feb Sat 28th? It would be late--like after she puts the kids to bed.

22. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    These look cool but Bret convinced me to save up for a TIE costume as it would fit in the wheelchair most easily for now, even with the armor (chest and helmet ar the only pieces, unlike full body like Stormtrooper or even Scouttrooper armor).

23. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Dude...I think we have another TIE pilot in the group!!! :D

24. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Kim, do you mean meet at her house? Sew the robes? Get fitted for the robes? I obviously missed something. [face_blush] Sorry! Where does she live?

25. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    SWEET! Thats 5! Welcome aboard Kevin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.