main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JEDI Robes, Lightsabers, and Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Don't forget to mention the ironing Geoff. I've never seen a guy ironing before
    Yeah, I'm good like that. And considering how much frelling fabric I have...it took alot of work (besides fending off Libby from attacking my feet)

Parts were still damp after going through the wash, lucky thing for me was I threw them back in the dryer (inside a pillow case) and it didn't wrinkle hardly at all.

Kim...nice lightsaber!!!!

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Those of you coming tomorrow night to Caroline's, please make sure to bring your scrap fabric with you. It comes in handy. ;)

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Hey is something missing here? I thought I posted a pic of Kim's saber!

4. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    You did, Bret. I think it was on the TIE thread. ;)

Ok-- Geoff, Em and MAry if you're coming to Caroline's tomorrow, then you need to pick up one item:
    A little over a yard of something called bias tape. Geoff, you'll need more like a yard and a third or and a half. You want this stuff to match your material color as closely as possible. Then we can work on the hood and neckline tomorrow night.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Ok thanks that means I'm not going crazy. :p

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mary...forget the PM I sent you! Em doesn't get out of work until 8pm (we'll pick her up) and head to Caroline's! So meet me at my house around 7:30pm!

Kim, I'll have Em burn that CD for you!

7. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    i've had this post reply window open for the past four hours, suddenly found it again, couldn't remember what i was going to write and didn't want to waste it so here's a post...

-b-

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We'll be over to Caroline's as soon as Emily is off work!

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    and you know..the sad part is...that doesn't surprise me Brian! :D

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Good time last night!

Brian's robe looks fantastic...especially on me ;)

After some delays, we left Parma later then expected. My favorite was when I grabbed my dad's work bag, instead of our fabric/supplies. Couldn't do much on the robe with a copy of "The Hockey News" ;)

Malo-Ha, I have your robe/fabric...seemed a fitting end to last night's "controlled chaos"

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    as long as i have my robe... it's all gravy baby... :D

yeah, if anyone actually just wants to order a robe, i would be more than happy to recommend the folks that did mine... it is absolutely phenomenal...

i'm not sure if they still have any of the wool/acrylic blend that they used for mine left, but they do very quick, inexpensive, professional work. i would trust that their alternate fabric robes are just as nice. i just had to have wool. :D

-b-

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes. Brian's is very nice. :)

Em, Caroline has your patterns.

And Emily and Mary, CAroline and I found another way of attaching the hood that makes the edges look a little neater. But with the bias tape it likely won't make a difference which way you do it. But we can re-do your hood attachment next time if you would like. ;)
    Geoff, if you would like me to help you to put your hood on Wed if you come down, I would be happy to do so. :D

14. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Malo-Ha, I have your robe/fabric...seemed a fitting end to last night's "controlled chaos"

No more getting home at 2:30 in the morning thats for sure. [face_laugh]

Kim and Caroline thank you for all your help so far. I got a lot done on my robe and had a great time doing it. I'd like to see how the neck of the robe looks like before making a decision.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Kim, I am off all day Wednesday...just tell me what time to be at your place, and I'll be there!

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Geoff, I'll likely work out in the morning.
    You can go with me, or come over after. Whatever is your preference. ;) And bring your robe. We'll get you caught up. :D

Caroline and I had a lot of fun teaching you all about sewing. Caroline knows a lot more than I do, but I'm enjoying learning as well. :D

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm going to re-do the sleeves...after showing Caroline some pictures of Qui-Gon's "force-push" we both agree that my current sleeves are a little too short for what I'm going for.

And once I get them pinned down...I'm great at double-stitch sewing! It's just like doing a DS "trench run" :D

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, being that my Spring Break has begun, I finally had a little time and motivation to work on my electrum lightsaber. While most of you have already seen it, the emitter had since fallen off the main "body" tube of the saber. Using some creativity, I cannibalized the cap of a Sunny Delight jug to stuff down inside the tube to provide an extra anchor which I could then run a screw into from the inside of the emitter. And whoever gave me the suggestion at last year's All Ohio cookout that I could use chrome model kit paint on the seam where I glued, THANKS! I did that and now the emitter seems to be on there pretty good. I also cut some new 2 sided tape for some of the grips, because those were falling off too. Now assuming everything holds together, COME ON BABY, HOLD TOGETHER!, it should finally be completed now. I can't wait, it's completely original in design, and I'd like to wear it to C3, seeing as it's my character's official electrum hilt.

19. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Duct tape, duct tape will hold your lightsaber together. Its even silver in color. ;)

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    And I got my lightsaber in the mail yesterday :D
    I can't wait to show you all!
    I'm working on pictures now to send into 501st :D

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    When do you guyz all want to get together...and work on the robes some more?

It really depends on Kim/Caroline's schedule...but here's what I look like for the rest of March:

3/12 off all day
    3/19 off all day...Rite of Passage in the evening (if Bret needs me)
    3/26 (minus RoP) and 2/27 off all day!
    3/29 off and 3/31 off all day

April 1st...Britney Spears...don't even think of calling me! [face_love]

EDIT: typos...Kim you're gonna feel pretty sorry, when I die from this sinus cold :( Makin' fun of me and everything.

((Shatner voice))
    Just...have to...make it...until Britney concert
    ((collapses))

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll have to check with Caroline. But I'm free weekend after next. So I guess that's 3/19 (Fir) and 20 (Sat). *ahem, get in the right month, Geoff! :p*

But I do have to work in the morning on Friday.

And I think that Caroline isn't supposed to have the kids that weekend.

The weekend after that, I work. Not that that excludes it, just makes it harder. And I think Caroline has the kids. So it would be another late-night session like last time if at all.

23. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I work til 2 on Fri the 19th,
    6 on Sat the 20th,
    6 on Fri the 26th and
    2 on Sat the 27th.
    If Kim only has to work the morning of the 19th we could meet a little earlier in the day. What time does Emily get out of school?

...Kim you're gonna feel pretty sorry, when I die from this sinus cold

Poor Krash, drink some chicken soup! You better not be sneezing on my robe. [face_laugh] And sterlize your keyboard do you realize how dirty those things are? ;)

24. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    YES I WILL NEED YOU!
    :D

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You better not be sneezing on my robe.
    Don't worry...your robe is tucked away in my LA County Coroners bag. Which is ironic, because I have more things in "baggies" there then an episode of CSI! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.