JEDI Robes, Lightsabers, and Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/dls/bmp.gif]
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Caroline is out of town that entire weekend, so would it be possible for us to come over to your place Kim? And work on as much as possible with only 1 machine?

Might be a good chance to get skyedancer caught up on her project...how's that coming along?
  3. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    There are a couple of problems right now, Geoff.
    (1)We need to make alterations to your hood that I can't do.
    (2)Caroline and I need to figure out how we're putting the bias tape in on the neckline.

I"ll have to check, but I think that we could put the sleeves on without putting the bias tape in first. And we could have one person sewing while the other(s) are pinning their material in place. We can also have a movie going on in the background to keep our attention while we're not "up" on the machine. ;)

I might get together with her later today, in which case we can figure out the bias tape.
    I'm free whenever you all would want to come this weekend.
  4. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Plus I need her to help me with my Leia...right now that is what I want to really focus on.
  5. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you need to wait to do Geoff's sleeves then likely we'd need to wait to do mine. :(

Is this the new way you and Caroline were working on to attach the hood?

It would still be fun to get together and work on what ever we can.
  6. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Mary. Geoff is a special case since his robes had to be specially modified for his frame. ;)

We could work on the robes (attaching the sleeves). Or I'd be happy to just have people over to hang out. :)
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm off all day Saturday...so depending on Mary and Em's work schedules, anytime works best for me. But can we try not to be out past 2AM? I get the feeling the folks weren't too pleased last time Emily was out late on a Saturday night.
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Once RoP is done filming, I may need some extensions done on the sleeves of my robe.
  9. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Whenever works for you, Emily and Mary, GEoff. :)

For extensions to sleeves, Eric, you're on your own. I can do some basic stuff. But I haven't really gotten the swing of making alterations yet. ;)
  10. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Might be a good chance to get skyedancer caught up on her project...how's that coming along?

Sorry, Geoff, I haven't had a chance to look for my material in some other places yet. :( This physical therapy is time consuming! Plus I'm going to see Fosse at EJ Thomas this Saturday.

11. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    We could work on the robes (attaching the sleeves). Or I'd be happy to just have people over to hang out.

Yes to both suggestions! :)

Does Emily work that evening? I work til 6 on Saturday but I could drive directly to your house from work and be there about 6:30-45 or so and we could drive out to Kim's together if that would work. And yes no more 2am nights, your mom was not the only one unhappy. [face_laugh]
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Give me a time...and I'll be there (have to check Em's schedule)

What you can help me with Kim is re-cut my sleeves...Caroline and I were trading pictures of Qui-Gon's robe (yes, I'm officially using that as a reference) and I think I should have gone with the deeper sleeve then the one we cut out!

[image=http://images5.fotki.com/v63/photos/4/42813/136773/robe-vi.jpg]
    Thanks Jedi_Kai, for the special picture...you guys should visit the costuming boards good information to have.
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. 2am is a little late for me as well, as Geoff can attest. ;)
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have no problem with 2AM...it's when the lil sister is out till 2AM, and walking into the living room to find dad waiting up...messa dinkin' weez shouldn't do that again!
  15. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    And Jedi mind tricks don't work on parents, especially angry ones.

Have you check Emily's schedule yet Krash? Even if she works til 8 we can pick her up from work and leave right for Kim's.
  16. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    This Saturday?...like tomorrow...cause then I work from 4-7pm...
  17. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I originally thought it was this weekend. But then Geoff said that he's working tomorrow night. So I guess that it's next weekend. ;)
  18. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can do next Saturday. I have an appointment to get my eyes checked at 3pm but after that I'm free.
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    So like...what time do you want us over Kim? I need to check with Em's schedule...so it might be just me (no clue)

I'd like to re-cut the sleeves, and get as caught up with the rest of you as possible!
  20. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Check your schedules. Then tell me what time is resonable for you to get here. ;)

I can certainly help you with your sleeves, Geoff :)
    It's just the hood that we need Caroline for. ;)
    We can certainly work on the sleeves this time, too. But there's only one machine at a time. So you each might not get as much done. ;)

I can show Emily a couple of patterns that we could combine to make into a Senate Leia costume.

And I"ll have to show you some of my new aquisitions. ;)
  21. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can show Emily a couple of patterns that we could combine to make into a Senate Leia costume.

SWEEEEEET :D :D

I'm off school Friday (work from 4-7) and I'm completly off Saturday!!
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Cool...what time do you want us all to show up Kim?
  23. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess that'll be up to Mary. Whenever she's done with her doc appointment and is ready to venture over with you two is fine with me.

And bring a movie if you would like. I don't have cable any more and we'll likely want something to entertain us while we're waiting in line for the sewing machine. ;)
  24. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    My appointment is at 2:40. I'm not sure how long its going to take or if he'll put drops in my eyes. But I should be done within an hour and then then I can head right to Krash's. Does that sound good?
  25. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Whenever you three want to come is fine. Just give me a buzz before you leave. ;)

And I worked on my robes today in preparation for what we will do on Saturday. We can skip finishing off the neckline for now. We'll just move on to the sleeve and come back to it later. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.