main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Robes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Q99213, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I was looking on the net for a quick Jedi Robe and I came across this site. I was wondering if anyone has bought from them or seen/felt the robes. Good deal or not? One day I will make my own, but in the mean time...

Jurist edit: links to unauthorized dealers are not allowed. If you want to pass along information, please use PM or email. :)

2. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The cloaks themselves are decent if you're only costuming for Halloween or a party or something, but they're definitely not what you want for a serious jedi costume. Those ones are made by Rubies, who also makes lots of cheap SW stuff. It's inexpensive to make the appeal wider for more people, but quality isn't top notch. I wouldn't bother with their tunics/pants, they're not much better than Target halloween costumes. However, the robes at least have a decent look and feel to them. Not thick at all, so you can wear them when it's hot out, However, since they're not thick, the hood doesn't stand up or drape very well over your face. Very limp.

You can get the robes on ebay for about $15-

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Cool. I live in Florida, so a thick robe isn't the best idea. I was considering going robless, but that wouldn't be too Jedi-Masterish. I saw the one's on e-bay and they look the same. For that prive if I don't like it, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. Thanks :)

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sorry DarthJurist :( Thanks for the edit :)

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    They are unauthorized? hmmm, selling Rubies cloaks and a domain name with Jedi in it you'd think if it was unauthorized that action would have been taken years ago...

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Guess it's more in the Domain Name rather than in the items they are selling.

Anyhow, LFL lawyers will still send those "love letters" to sites randomly selected having names that are copyright by LFL.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I just posted the domain because I didn't know they were rubies and I wanted some feedback on the robe, so I needed to say where it was from. No harm done though :) Besides, I just got my credit card bill this morning. No more Star Wars stuff for a good long while I'm afraid :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.