main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Robes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jaina02, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    No problem. I want a costume for Celebration II, so I'll just look for info elsewhere.

Being a newbie sucks. :-(

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    If you want to buy a costume in type for SWC2, you are out of luck. All of the companies that sell Jedi costumes that I know of have already stopped taking new orders in time for SWC2 and Ep2. Most costuming companies/individuals have a cutoff for major events like conventions and Halloween becuase most people don't start thinking about costumes until a few weeks or months before an event, and the costumers don't want to get swamped with orders they can't fill in time.

You might be able to make your own costume in time for SWC2, assuming you already have the money, the time, and the know how of sewing and costuming.
    But if you've never done any costuming or sewing before, two months may be a bit unrealistic for getting the costume done.

One other alternative is to have a seamstress make it. Several friends of mine from my Fan Force chapter, NashvilleForce are doing this.

3. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Ok, thanks for the info! I'm halfway decent at sewing, so I'll take a stab at making my own. I was lazily hoping I wouldn't have to though. ;) I just found out I'd be able to go to SWC2 a couple days ago, so I'm madly making plans!

-Kirsten

4. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    I know I'm probably about the 100th person to bother you JediToren...but uh, could I get that info too? Thanks!

5. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, your account is brand new and I have to be careful about who I send my links to. New people have been showing up at the RPF and other forums asking probing questions, leading many to beleive that LFL has some spies. Now that LFL is licensing new replica props they might be changing their "look the other way" attitude.

It's nothing personal, it's just that sending the links to one wrong person could screw us all, and then no one would have access to that info. PM me in a few weeks and I will see.

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    if jeditoren could email me where you can get all the patterns for the jedi robes etc... taht would be great! Would be even better if I could just buy one!

7. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry strawberry, for reasons stated in my previous post I have to abstain from sending you the info, at least temporarily. PM me in a few weeks and I will see.

8. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Jedi Toren-Could you PM me the info as well? You've got to be getting sick of that question! :) Thanks!

9. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Jedi Toren, can you please PM to me all your Jedi robe info? Thanks.

10. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    jedi_blynnj: For reasons stated above I can't send you the info just yet. PM me in a few weeks or a month and I will take another look.

TC517: Info sent.

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will find a seamstress for mine nomproblem...this close to C2 I am not going to attempt to do it myself....does anyone know the going rate for a seamstress? Thanks!

12. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Jedi-Toren: Can you please, please, please PM me the jedi robe stuff you have PMed everyone else....thanx heaps if you can.

13. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, your account is brand new and I have to be careful about who I send my links to. New people have been showing up at the RPF and other forums asking probing questions, leading many to beleive that LFL has some spies. Now that LFL is licensing new replica props they might be changing their "look the other way" attitude.

It's nothing personal, it's just that sending the links to one wrong person could screw us all, and then no one would have access to that info. PM me in a few weeks and I will see.

14. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    Does anyone know if it is true that the cloak sleeves are shorter in front and longer in back? And about how far do they come down to? Also, the robes are about an inch off the ground, aren't they? Thanks so much!

Jedi Toren, am I any closer to getting the information about the pouches? My mom said if I ask only for money for my birthday, I can get them.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    No they are like regular sleeves... just REALLY big. Like 50-60 inches big. I made mine 28 inches cause i didnt want them to be THAT big. They are the same all around.

Jedi Toran - Thank you for the info you PMed me last month, i finished my Jedi robe and when my entire costume is done, i'll post pics :)

16. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Actually, the sleaves are wider at the wrists than they are at the armpits.
    During the scene in Episode I where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan jump down from the bridge and free the queen and her group from the battle droids, Qui-Gon deactivates his sabre in a cool fashion and Force pushes a couple of droids. When he does this you can clearly see that his sleaves do this.
    There are other examples as well but this is one of the key elements of the Jedi cloak and allot of fan robes miss this.

17. Le_Seide

Le_Seide Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    JediToren, how long do newbies have to be on to get that info?

18. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    The age of your account is only 1 factor. I don't want to publicly post the criteria that I use for determining whether or not to send someone the info, becuase then the real spies could more easily fake it.

19. Le_Seide

Le_Seide Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Ok, Fair enough. I guess I should just check in in a couple months.

20. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Mace Windu's robe sleeves are wickedly huge:

[image=http://www.afn.org/~afn50110/sw/43.jpg]

21. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001

22. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001

23. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
  24. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    wow you must like that pic of mace! how many posts was that??? anyways, does anybody know what happened to the obi-wans jedi acadamey?

25. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Wow! Those things come down to the floor. Now I want bigger sleeves on my cloak. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.