main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Robes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jaina02, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Mace Windu's robe sleeves are wickedly huge.

2. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey, Toren, would you mind PM'ing me that info?
    Thanks.

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    arg, sorry about the multiple posts last night .. but the thing kept giving me an error .. :p

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Thanks for the pics Riibu.

I do not like that at all. they are way to huge. I will keep my smaller ones.

5. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Ok, i'm back!!

Jedi Toren: I really need that Jedi Robe info! I know the policy thing about newbies might be LFL spies, but i can guarantee you i'm not! i'm a 14 year old aussie that is taking a trip to america to go to celebration II...and i need the jedi stuff to make my costume!! So please Jedi toren, please PM me the info, so an aussie can be present at Celebration II as a jedi in full...

Thanx
    Me

6. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree, Doright - I would trip every two steps if I had sleeves that huge! If you ask me, you'd have to be Samuel L. Jackson to even think of pulling off that look ..

7. KeithFranklin

KeithFranklin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 1998
    Thoren,

Can you please send me the info.

Will these work for children ( I have a 7 year old, 4 year old and 4 month old (will be 6 months old at SW Celebration)

Thanks...

8. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    robo_obi: Sorry but I just can't. I would love to, though. But it really doesn't matter anyway, the only way you can get a Jedi costume in time for SWC2 is to make it yourself. The vendors that sell full Jedi robes have already stopped taking new orders in time for Episode II/SWC2.
    It seems that the traffic on most costuming forums doubles a month or so before Halloween and any other major event because this is the time that most newbies think "Hey, I think it would be cool to have a costume." This is why virtually all SW costuming vendors have a cutoff date. If they kept accepting orders they would have 50 some odd newbies wanting a SW costume in just a few weeks. Most of these guys are just one or sometimes two people and they can only produce a certain number of costumes in a period of time. I understand that for an Aussie this is a once in a life-time event and you want to go in costume but you will have to make it yourself if you want it in time for SWC2.
    I'm going to warn you that putting togethor a Jedi costume, wheather it's great or even mediocre, is pretty hard to do in just 1.5 months, even for the seasoned costumer and even moreso for the newbie. But it can be done if you work hard and do your research. Read the tutorials and get to every fabric, craft, and second hand store you can find.
    Earlier this month I posted a whole bunch of my links to tutorial websites that will help you out.
    Another Leather Supply Site
    Here are some other good threads to check out:
    my completed jedi outfit.
    Boot help
    Cool Lightsaber building website
    Wool Alternatives...

KeithFranklin: Sent

9. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Sam Jackson is so cool he can pull off any look.

I don't like big sleeves. When making my robe I was thinking of making the sleeves smaller but I thought it best not to stray from the pattern I was working with. It's my first time with something of that magnitude. The one part I need to do better on my next one is the hood. The hood with the pattern I used was a bit small. I kind of like the smaller hood but it doesn?t hang right on my back when not on my head. I just used a cheap cotton to make this first one. My next attempt will be a thicker more woolish material but there is no way I can get that done before Ce2 since I am still working on robes for my Padawans.

10. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Up, someone is asking about Jedi Robes.

11. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    *Tantiv raises his hand*

Yeah it`s me i need one for a party got some plans now but i need more info on the boots ;)

12. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    JediToren:
    Your old site doesn't work any more! Do you have a new one? If so, whats the address?

Thanx

13. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    JediToren - Your old site doesn't work any more! Do you have a new one? If so, whats the address?

Thanx

14. BrAd-Is-BaD

BrAd-Is-BaD Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2002
    Since i am a good sewer for a guy. I made my own Count Dooku costume. I just went to my local fabric store, and bought a pattern that looked similar to Dooku's. Then I just replaced the neck tie-together with a chain. So it looks awosome!
    It took me 3 hours to complete it.

15. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    robo _bi: My old site was hosted with World Access Network, an ISP that I dropped several years ago. They finally realized that they were hosting a site for a person that no longer subscribed. Most of the content that I had there, such as the pages that analyzed different styles of sabre components and info on custom sabre contruction will be redone as tutorials for Rebel Legion. My tutorial for making the costume will probably not be part of Rebel Legion, we'll write something better.

16. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Has anyone tried to find some of those recommended Simplicity patterns? Out of 3 stores (JoAnn Fabrics and Hancock Fabrics) I was only able to find 8311 while not even finding empty placeholders for 7438, 8291 or 8479.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    - Kimbote

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I had better luck finding the McCall's Patterns the various sites recommend. #8940 (I think) was the one I just found for the Karate Gi/Kimono. I used an old Karate Gi For my Jedi Costume that I had but I want to make one myself now. I am going to be working on that after I finish the communicator that I am working on.

18. JackSparks

JackSparks Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2001
    Jedi Torren...if possible could you please PM me your info on Jedi Robes?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.