main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Jedi robes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_1966, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Alrighty then...
    I had talked with a few knights and a few padawans at the July meeting about their robes they'd like to get started working on.Sothis thread is for those that would also like to work on a set of their own.Saberpilot and Big Daddy,I already know of all of your details,so anyone else...what would you like?

Oh yeah.Don't forget,or for those that may not have heard me at the meeting,I have and 15yds of dark dark brown fabric(about the same color as Greencat's robe) proper for Jedi robes that I'm willing to use for the membership.This will be on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.15yds will probably make 4 or 5 robes...I think.

2. I_have_zam_cards

I_have_zam_cards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    im gonna talk to you about mine at the picnic

3. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, I wanna make one! I tried making one out of a brown sheet. It's er...interesting looking. Not exactly something to brag about though.

4. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I have a robe, i need tunic help though!!! I'll talk to you at the picnic too.

5. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey, TONY, hehe I remembered lol. I really appriciate you helping me out for my outfit. I have been looking for pants in my size in the lite blue almost gray color. I am going to look so different next to everyone else. Me and Crimson will be the odd ball costume guys lol. I bet you guys never thought anyone would make a lil boba costume!

6. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Speaking of robes, Jedi_1966 (I won't say your name ^_~) What materials would you best suggest for the tunic? And.. where can I find a pattern?

7. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    you always ask questions that i think of asking lol

8. I_have_zam_cards

Jul 28, 2002
    ohh my jedi robes will be awesome. the fur around the cufs and lineing ohh boy i will be the first pimped out jedi knight ive every seen

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Zam cards -- riiiiggghht.

As I mentioned at the meeting, I talked my sister into letting us have a make your own costume party at her large house. I'll let you all know what dates she willing to have it on, and see which ones everyone (esp Jedi 1966) like.

10. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i'll bring some sketches of tunics to the picnic and you can all help me decide...now i need to find boots....

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This is what I ultimately want for my tunic and such to look like. Except it will be all in balck. I just used grays to show the different layers of clothing.

tunic

12. I_have_zam_cards

Jul 28, 2002
    me and my bro just got done doing the ruff sketch of my robes there gonna be great ya know

13. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    I think i want to make my tunic a little girly looking otherwise I'll just look like a blob covered in khaki

14. I_have_zam_cards

Jul 28, 2002
    i am gonna sell my sword to get the money to make my robes. thats sad

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sell some of your old games. I know it's sacreligous but you could keep the sword this way.

16. I_have_zam_cards

Jul 28, 2002
    selling old videos is like selling soul. i would rather sell my sword

17. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Yeahh,now this is what I wanna seee.
    Saberpilot,I'd say a light,light weight wool or even a linen.if you won't mind it Wal-Mart carries a good lookin brown flanel that looks decent for like $2 a yd.Personally,I like the linen looks much more proper and authentic.Pattern?I rarely work with patterns,but I'd say to use your gi or maybe more simply a bathrobe,modify it as you like.
    Chris-Stacina Rajinn-when are we gonna see you,yeah I can help.
    karateyoda, yor stuff's gonna look really cool!!!
    zam_cards,like the robes idea BUT not the "pimp"part,or the fur idea.
    Greencat,really cool,I'll be watching.
    Rox,who's doin your robes?I mean tunic?

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll probably get my mom to help out. I have one of the under shirts done already.(the shirt I forgot to bring).

19. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    My problem is I know what I want but I am not quite sure how to do it.

20. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll be at the picnic, so I'll talk to ya then. I couldn't go to the meeting cause I've been in Georga for the last few weeks.

21. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Cool!
    O.K. Chris-Stacina,get Stina-Cri (she should remember me from the meeting)and see me there,and anyone else and we'll talk robes.

22. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Okay. Use my dobak as a model.. okay.. Maybe I should get the fabric first.. then nearly take apart my dobak. ^_^

23. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm working on sketches for my robes basic idea so far. White inner tunic. light green over tunic and pants. med green tabbards and sash with a very dark green over robe.

and yes if i can figure out how a speeder bike handle lightsaber.

Um master how many yards do you need? I was looking at Ames last nite didn't see anything but just in case next time I do.

24. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Saberpilot,no need to take anything apart.Just measure,from one end of a seam to the other.Do this for each seam,write 'em down as you go (try to "see" each part in your head as you go-*%$@#! computer talk...just can't replace one on one help)<- if you can understand what I mean.Basicly,you'll be cutting out each individual part,look at how it's put together,and then put it together just like wha t you took measurements from.

My padawan,you'd need ....mmmmm....about 2 1/2 yds.hold off cutting (since we're close enough,I'd be able to help in person).Didn't know Ames had a fabric dept.Don't forget to hit Indy's super Wal-Mart,they're pretty good.

25. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    When measuring don't forget to add a little extra for the seam. this part is on the inside of the robe and won't be seen but is MOST important when measuring.

EXAMPLE:

If your sleeve is 12 inches long, add another 1/4 to 1/2 in or so for the seam. This can be sewn together tightly or just cut down. After your finished.

Remember that the sleeve will not only have to stitch to itself but the shoulder area as well, so you must take extra fabric into account.

And so on.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.