main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Jedi robes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_1966, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd like a new set of tunics, but haven't given that much thought to what I'd like them to look like. My sister (and personal semstress)wants to make the next set out of raw silk. Says it would look much cooler. I pointed out that I am a poor school marm and am not about to put out that kind of money, linen works just fine.

I'd also like to eventually get an outfit like Luminara, except for the nun habit thing she wears. I'm thinking that it would be neat to have it for CIII. Or maybe the comicon next April . . . Something a bit dresser than the normal slacks and tunics that I use for the 'everyday' Jedi look.

2. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I wouldn't call it a fabric dept. just a couple of bolts in the craft section

2 and a half yards of each color? Please let Jo ann or Wal mart have a sale. LOL

3. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Thanks for the added pointer,Sal.

AW c'mon GC,wear the habit thing!You wanna talk new robes,We can talk new robes,somemore.

Corran,did you get to look and either place yet?

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I think I'm going to try a Padme-like costume. Nothing exactly out of the movies. Something resembling but nothing identical. That way it will be my own creation - but yet something that she would still wear too. I still want to make her blue "hippie chic" embroidered outfit - just don't have enough patience at this time to do all the embroidery. :p

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm hoping to head up this weekend to check around. probably Walmart I need to get some fiberglass resin to try that armor idea.

6. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I'd be interested in making robes, actually, the whole "shabang" if you will. But I'm hitting some creative roadblocks. I am trying to base it off of Anakin's robes from AOTC, but with a bit more color to it. The under tunic the off white-ish color, the over tunic a blue, and then the black leather type , umm, things, over top. What do you all think? Sound interesting? Sound do-able?

7. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    OH YEAH sounnds very doable,Zero.Now,this is just a "me" thing,(saberpilot can tell ya all about it)colors of jedi robes are based on "earthy tones or colors" and I've always had a hard time buyin into blue as a jedi color,like I said it's a "me" thing (i dunno why)so please,do not think me trying to deter you from what you'd like,not the case at all.Master GC is workin on settin up a workin on costume get together,watch for the posting on dates to see if yo can make it.I'd suggest in the mean time,look around at the kinds of fabric (minus the leather for tabbards-those things-)you wanna use,I suggest naturals like cottons,wools,etc.

8. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey Zero how about green in place of the blue.

The character of Corran Horn (a later pilot of Rogue Squadron and then Jedi) has robes that are green.

Even one of our members (Corran) takes directly from this.

Not trying to dissuade you from blue but I do agree with Jedi_1966 that blue isn't typically a Jedi color. Still It might be interesting if done right. Draw some renderings, bring it to the next meeting and maybe we can help in the design of your costume if you'd like.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I think it depends on the shade of blue . . . think a nice dusty blue or a very very dark navy blue. That would look good on a Jedi. I don't think a bright, electric blue or baby blue would work, but then a bright, electric green or pastel green wouldn't work either. Its more about the tone/shade than the colors.

10. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    See, that's what I was thinking. A dusty type of blue. ^_^ It'd match by outfit quite well- a tan/brown/dusty blue outfit. ^_^ I would never do a bright blue. Acck.. Can't even think of what that'd look like.
    I'll bring along some sketches then too.. And paper for other people who want to sketch.

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    My sister called me this morning (way too early) and said that my nephew had decided to wear his new Jedi robes to daycare today and wanted his Aunt to pick him up in her robes. :D

So this afternoon I'm off to be a 'show and tell' Jedi.

12. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Awwwwww! That is so cute! ^_^

13. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    After a few hours of discussion between Master Reenca and my apprentice,I've come to agree that certain shades of blue would be acceptable (broadening an imagination is always a good thing).here,check this out.This chic is a member of a NYC FFand her tunic/tabbards/obi are a dusty blue and look pretty good.
    www.jump.to/Jedi-temple

14. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    I agree. They look nice. And they're somewhat of a natural blue. This is what I was going for. Now, if only I can find material.. bah!
    ^_^

15. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Saber, if you do happen to find any fabric like that, please let me know. As soon as I can get some time, hopefully on Monday, I'm gonna go out and look for some stuff. I drew a sketch(granted, a rather bad one, but it works) of a basic idea of how it'll look. I'll bring it to the picnic on Sunday.

16. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Will do. I might be out looking late tomorrow, depends. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.