main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Saga continued

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Hey to those who have seen Jedi Saga. Do you think that Rory should make a sequel? I was even thinking a behind the scenes doc from the film. It would be cool to see the work put into it.

2. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i already asked Rory about a BTS; there wont be one as he didnt shoot one. also, hes already working on the sequel, so just keep checkin his site or The Jedi Saga thread for news...

:D

3. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hello Aaron, glad to see you made your way to the forum....Welcome.

General_Rieekan is right, I never really shot a BTS doc. To be honest I thought it was just a waste of time(at the time). It was too much just to film the movie itself! I would like to do one but again, to do this I would have to film myself during pre, post, and actual production. We'll see what happens.

As to doing TJS2, I am already filtering out a new story line that will take the character from the ending of part 1, to a totally new quest. As soon as I start organizing the other character designs and wardrobes, I will put up some BTS pics of TJS2.

So far the main characters are as follows(but subject to change)

Ro Sajec= ME!
    Rodian scout= Ony Cejas
    Female smuggler= wife playing Kes' twin sister
    Two droids= retrofitted assasin droid and an R5 unit.

What do you think?

~Rory

4. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    not a bad idea so far. out of curiosity where did you find your jedi boots? i have been trying to find a cheap source. also with the end of your film i could not understand the bounty hunter's last comment about the Jedi being clever. Was there a tracer on the data sphere or was it a fake one and your character has the real deal?

5. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    sounds good Rory! i like how you did the whole twin thing; it seems there are a lot of twins in the SW universe...

as soon as you can post more info on the story let us know. i, for one, am interested to hear more about how things progress, and especially how the ROdian fits into it all...

6. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    also with the end of your film i could not understand the bounty hunter's last comment about the Jedi being clever.

Well this was a part I was hoping people would understand. I wanted Ro to have a way to trace the bounty hunter back to Coruscant. So since Kes was in contact with the Bounty Hunter in secret Ro used her communicater to trace his!(if you watch the scene where Kes says to Plo Koon "No, they know where to meet us" she is signaling the Bounty Hunter of her arrival. No one can tell, bu that was Kes's hologram in the very next scene invovling the bounty hunter)

seems there are a lot of twins in the SW universe

It's the only way to keep the same actors invovled!

as soon as you can post more info on the story let us know. i, for one, am interested to hear more about how things progress, and especially how the ROdian fits into it all.

This story will fall under the whole retrival of a lost and stolen Jedi Holocron from the days of the whole hyperspce war(flashback included)

The Rodian will be part of Kes' sister's crew on her ship.

????

~Rory

7. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    If the sequel is any better than the original, I'll be looking forward to it. Anyone know how far along they are with it?

8. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    i think Rory said the film is still just in the script stage, but dont quote me on that...

9. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah I am still working out the details, but I did do the first scene of the film already(post production and everything) and it looks good. Not super professional, but the CG matches a little more now that I have that HDR lighting Plug-in!

I will be filming the next scene sometime next week.
    (I film scene by scene, and once the scene is fully rendred and complete...then I continue to the next scene. This way I can film slowly and make any changes before it's too late)
    ~Rory

10. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    i never thought about filming like that actually. usually i get all my principal photography done and then go back and do the pickups and anything else, and then do all the post. ill have to try that way of doing things out and see how it works for me sometime...

11. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah I never really thought about how backwards that is, but it all started with when I finished filming the Bounty Hunter vs. Ro scene and I just couldn't wait to put it together!!So once I put that together there was a period where I would perfect whatever scene was next then film that one and etc. Besides it kept me busy while I waited to develop the rest of the story!So I basically watched my film from scene to scene over the course of the production!

~Rory

12. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    i think it probably helps as well, to be able to see how the final scene plays out. this way its much easier to redo a scene if something doesnt work or it doesnt flow like it was first imagined as. as soon as you have some stills to post, you should throw them up somewhere to whet our appetites and peak our curiosity!

13. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I used to film my films that way, scene by scene and then finish the shot and go onto the next one. But the problem I found was that the places I was filming kept on changing and weren't consistent.

Anyway, I know this film will be better, there will be more variety in everything, plus since you made the first one you will have the experience.

14. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    as soon as you have some stills to post, you should throw them up somewhere to whet our appetites and peak our curiosity!

Well, okay I guess it wouldn't hurt... here ya go:

[image=http://www.solid-roc.com/TJS2A.jpg]

[image=http://www.solid-roc.com/TJS2B.jpg]

[image=http://www.solid-roc.com/TJS2C.jpg]

[image=http://www.solid-roc.com/TJS2D.jpg]

Remember I am still working on this!

~Rory

15. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Awsome job, I can already say from these that this movie will rock the world. The lighting has made a world of difference. It looks quite professional.

16. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks Zach ...you are my trusted fan!!!LOL
    I owe this to Daniel Broadway for his HDR Plug-in/tutorial. You can find it here for 3d maxers!
    clickie

~Rory

17. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Awesome.

~Neszis~

18. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    judging by your stills Rory, this sequel will do what few can - outdo the original! honestly, that looks like amazing work, and the lighting is great too! keep up the good work dude!

19. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm gonna try guys! I am working on some hard camera an shots that may require me to learn that Icarus porgram that's sitting here in my HD. I am really focusing on a story right now, and also the conutinuty of the action sequences(yes to match with the music)

~Rory

20. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    as much as pretty pictures and extremely well-rendered backgrounds and models are, i agree with you Rory, keep working on the story. too many times have some filmmakers, especially Hollywood, relied on VFX rather than a great story and script to make a film. id rather see you spend 60%-80% of your time on the script and the rest on FX than the other way around. if the story is there, then so too will the audience be with you. of course, amazing FX like you already have wont hurt you either!

21. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks dude!! I didn't catch this part though
    of course, amazing FX like you already have wont hurt you either!

??
    LOL

~Rory

22. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    just going by what you have already shown us, it seems to me like your FX are exceptionally good! this looks like it will be better than the first and maybe even outshine some other fanfilms, which i wont mention by name beacuse it will just be my opinion and i dont want to start a war of insults...

23. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah I know what you mean...there's a couple of fanfilms out there that have a million people helping. And even still with all their resources, they still don't live up to what they promise(again not like fanfilms are suppose to be perfect or awesome they're still fanfilms). That is why I am very humble about my work, and I didn't post a million things till I was sure it was decent. Before I even posted my trailer here at TFN I would show my film to family and my friends at work constantly getting feedback.
    And the good thing about completing my film from scene to scene, is that everyone critquing my film would see the final output.

~Rory

24. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    wow the photos are amazing especially the rain scenes. looks really professional. keep the updates coming in. by the way how wet did you get filming the scene? keep the good stuff coming.

25. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    that first screenshot just keeps reminding me of the banquet hall scene in ESB. im sorry for drawing comparisons, but it just looks so like that room, which is cool...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.