main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jedi Shadows in the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havoc123, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Hey guys, new guy here. (Or rather old guy coming back, had to make a new account as I couldn't even remember my old one)

It's been bugging me for awhile, but were the old Order's Jedi Shadows ever brought back up by the New Jedi Order? It seems to me the NJO was picky about which Dark Siders to actually go after, occasionally ignoring many of them in favour of going against the greater evil. Also it seemed to me (correct me if I'm wrong, haven't gone through LOTF in awhile..) that Luke even ignored Caedus being.. Caedus, up until he bombarded Kashyyyk. So it seemed to me the NJO was more about going against 'dark actions' rather than just anyone who used the Dark Side.

2. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Luke ignored Caedus being Caedus as long as the plot required it. AFAIK, Jedi Shadows were largely unnecessary in the NJO because of Anakin fulfilling the prophecy, but now that FOTJ and SW Legacy have introduced a whole bunch of new Sith, perhaps they were reintroduced?

3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I can see them being required Post-Legacy with the whole One Sith hunt thing, but then again Imperial Knights seem to be doing that job well enough, the Jedi look to be too lacking on manpower to do much beyond rebuild and pick up new students.

I had assumed that the whole Jedi Shadow died out with the failed Vindication and how it'd seem to the Order that the entire Shadow thing was a big failed project, but then SWTOR brings up the Jedi Shadow title again with that purpose, while there seemed to be, IIRC, a separate Jedi Shadow position which was simply a glorified investigator.