main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi / Sith Battle Royale

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Rachel_In_Red, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Something like this has probably been asked before, but I think it would be fun to hear answers. If you put all the Jedi / Sith that we see in at least one duel in the SW saga into one big arena (like on Geonosis) to fight to the death until just one remains - and they're all at the peak of their power - who would be your choice as the most likely to survive? This is based strictly on the movies. No books, TV shows, etc.

DARTH_BELO and DarthTalonx like this.
  2. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Anakin Skywalker.

3. Benoda

Benoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2018
    I think Mace Windu would most likely win.

Some "runner ups" (in no particular order):
    -Yoda
    -Darth Sidious
    -Obi-Wan

I'm not sure if Anakin or Luke have enough training and limbs to come out on top.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  4. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    Why Skywalker?

5. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Thinking about that arena fight is hilarious. I mean this is a movie in itself. Or I want to see that in a video game.

Lightsaber wise, Mace Windu.
    Force wise, Yoda and Palpatine would be battling for an infinite time. If there isn't a way out of that Arena, Yoda wins. Expect Palpatine, to try to retreat and start throwing things at him (part of the stadium).
    Overall powers and lightsaber, maybe Anakin. Or maybe Obi Wan will tell the final opponent, Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Shaak Ti and Benoda like this.
  6. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    To me, the wild card is Mace Windu.

Yes, he beats Sidious but it's in a tight area (without a lot of room to use the Force to throw things around, etc.) and there are some theories that Sid threw the fight to help seduce Anakin. He also kills Jango Fett but only while deflecting fire from just one blaster, which Jedi do routinely. So while he has an impressive resume, we don't really see a lot of style to him. Not that he couldn't do more impressive stuff given the opportunity. We just don't see it.

That said, I think I would go with Yoda. Because he's so small and always jumping around he'd probably be the hardest to take out by surprise and with that many force users and lightsabers in one area there's going to have to be some luck involved in being the last man standing. So it pays to be a smaller, more agile target. He's also as capable a force user as anyone and you're going to need that at times.

Benoda likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Bazinga'd would win after he pile drived Yoda off the turnbuckle, put the emperor in the camel clutch, and beat Vader in a hell in a cell match. :D[face_rofl]

8. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    No doubt, B.

;)

9. Benoda

Benoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2018
    Definitely debatable, wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't, but I'm pretty sure GL stated that Mace beat Sidious. So if (SW) God says so, I'll have to take his word for it. Before I read that though I was on the fence on whether Mace beat Sidious fare-n-square or if Sidious planned the whole thing (I mean he took out some competent Jedi in a few seconds).

True about Yoda though, seems like most aliens we see just happen to be human sized. So with Yoda being so small it'll give him a big advantage, on top of him also being a Grandmaster and all around awesome Jedi.

So that's why the Republic crumbled, Yoda never thought to pile drive Sidious and Obi left his head bashing chair in the ship, if it didn't kill Vader it certainly would have knocked some sense into him.

10. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I concur. Mace beat Sidious as was stated by Lucas. I think that gave it great emotional weight. Mace was strong with a lightsaber. Sidious/Palpatine was strong with the Force. Windu even offered him a chance to surrender again.

I agree, Yoda attacking you would be terrifying (as demonstrated by Dooku's genuine terror). Not only is the little green Jedi Master strong with the Force, it's like fighting this agile little ninja who keeps jumping around. Jumping at you with a deadly blade of light.

I think it all depends on the situation/battleground. If you say had the Arena from Geonosis, I think Palpatine/Yoda have the clear advantage. Closer up, Windu, or possibly Dooku. Overall combination of power/saber skills then Obi Wan, or Anakin.

Maybe there will be a story one day about the Imperial Colosseum where the Emperor had surviving Jedi fight each other for citizen's amusement in the Imperial Games!

Also who wins if it's 10 Rancors versus the same Jedi/Sith?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Benoda likes this.
  11. Benoda

Benoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2018
    That's easy: Luke, with 10 rocks.

Would be a pretty cool episode, Sidious pitting force users against one another gladiator style, could be a way to weed out Inquisitors or to give a struggling Jedi an opportunity to flee with their life. Maybe it focuses on 1 Jedi struggling through the whole combat (could be Mace!), wins after a week grueling trials, then after Sidious announces them a winner and they're free to go he has them executed after they get all happy about running away.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yoda, hands down. There may be some equally solid contenders in terms of lightsaber skills, but IMO Yoda is the wisest, definitely the most patient, and the one who is most likely to think out of the box for solutions to achieve victory. I imagine Yoda winning that whole thing, somehow doing very little ACTUAL lightsaber dueling! ^:)^

"It is clear this contest cannot be decided by our skills with a lightsaber......but by our knowledge of the Force...":p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Shaak Ti likes this.
  13. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    You said "at the peak of their power." Anakin possesses the potential to be the most powerful Jedi who ever lived, so barring some extreme error in judgment he would definitely win.

DARTH_BELO and Lulu Mars like this.