main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Slave (post ROTJ Luke and Han fic, not slash!) UPDATE 10/15!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess_Tranquility, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow wuch quick response! :)

Baroness: No this will be his first fling with a spoiled rich brat. I think he'll find he got off lucky on the Death Star at Endor. ;)

MariahJade2: Yeah he's in trouble, more then you realize.

Abbi_cee: Han might not let him go without a fight but does the Alliance have a choice in the matter? This could be used against them, think of all the trouble it'll cause. The Alliance doesn't know Luke's real reason for being there. They need the contract, and Han may just very well have blown it, by putting Luke in the position he's in, and now reusing to sell him. If he sells Luke then think what problems it'll cause. Either way everyone is going to be against him. Leia's not coming in for awhile. Sorry.

2. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    Now that´s a story I´d call really fantastic so far!!!

3. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Well thanks a bunch PrincessLaura! I'm glad your enjoying it! There will be more soon! :)

4. Captain_Tych

Captain_Tych Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Princess,

Excellent posts! You seem to have all the characters' personalities down right, and I loved the bit with Han talking about proposing to Leia. As for Luke's situation, I agree with the other readers, he's in far deeper than he knows. It should be interesting to see what happens from here on in. Somehow, I have a feeling that a situation is going to come up quite shortly that will really pose some problems for Han. Either he lets the truth out and ruins the charade (which would really be a shame, considering how well you write) or he will have to let his feelings of friendship sink even further below the surface and hope that Luke can handle it. Hope that more is coming soon!

Captain_Tych (aka Tych_sel)

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Sorry I was gone, and BTW, it's Jacinta KENOBI, not Solo....Just thought I'd let you know....I laughed when I read that! :D

Anyway, I still love this story. I am a firm disliker of Luke, but when Han threw him into the wall, I yelled at the screen! Whoa!

Anyway, can't wait for more!

6. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Captain_Tych: Damn boy you threw me off! Why didn't you use your normal ID? Hmm... Glad you liked it, and yeah Luke has no idea what he's let himself in for!It's going to cause some problems, and there will be some friction between Han and Luke, so keep your eyes open. Thanks about the persoanlities, I really try! :)

Jacinta_Kenobi: Sorry girl! I went back and changed that by the way! I feel really embarassed now! I just got done writing a big scene about Han, must have had Solo stuck in my mind! I got it right the first few times though! I went back and checked! so sue me I have short term memory loss! [face_laugh]

Glad you're liking the story girl! What do you mean you're a firm disliker of Luke? Tell me more soon!

7. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    moving this up to the front, hopefully I'll get new readers soon! :)

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I wasn't expecting the villian to be a teenaged girl. What a great Idea. Looking forward to more.

9. NatalieJ_214

NatalieJ_214 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2001
    Good post! Interesting turn of events with the teenage girl after Luke. Can't wait for more.

10. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
  11. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    RebelMom: Guess I stumped you! I seemed to stump everyone. Thanks for the compliment.

Natalie: Seems I got you too ;) Glad you liked it.

Baroness: Yes I know and that's why I'm posting. :D

More tomorrow tonight!!!!

12. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey - it's been two days since the last post. Must mean it's time for someone to give this puppy a little boost to the top!

UP!

(and also a subtle hint for a post please! :D)

13. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    It's fine! Don't worry about it.

I don't think I'd better. I value my life!

Oh, I just think Luke's usually a little whiny....no offense, please don't hurt me anyone! I dunno, I just do NOT like him, though I do feel a little sorry for him at times, so you can take it as a great compliment that I like him here.

14. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    This story needs to go up again!

grabs story, and shoots it out the proton torpedo tube to the top of the board

15. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
  16. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    This is the first half of part 112, the other half will be up soon. I hope it is written okay. Enjoy!

Part Twelve: A Long Evening

?So General Solo, enlighten us with your tales of the war with the Empire?? Denni asked, as they finished their appetizers.

?Well there really isn?t much to tell Lady Welsher. After I left the Academy I went into business for myself-?.

?A shipping company?? The Chancellor prompted.

Han laughed a little at the statement, running a hand through his hair as he picked his next set of words carefully.

?You could say that. The Millennium Falcon is my main ship; I rarely ever fly on anything else. She may not look like much sir, but she?s got it where it counts.? Han stated.

Luke looked up at Han?s seated profile, that statement running through his memory?

"What a piece of Junk!"

?She'll make point five past lightspeed She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, Kid?

//So many years ago. // He thought. Luke listened to the rest of Han?s story; of course he was doing a great job deleting the parts about his and Luke?s friendship, to cover for the ruse better.

Luke gazed around the room, taking in its ancient surroundings and regal décor. He was most intrigued by the gigantic fireplace on the back wall, and the yards and yards of burgundy velvet draperies that hung suspended around wooden beams in the ceiling. They bared a crest of royalty in gold, and fringe hung from the ends. He felt eyes wander over him again. Trying to show he didn?t notice the distraction, he began playing with the identification tag around his wrist, glancing up cautiously at Han, still in deep conversation. If there was one thing Han loved talking about more then the Falcon, it was talking about his adventures.

Luke read the info on the tag; Han?s name was embossed in big letters on the bronze metal itself. He studied a few buttons and knobs on the wrist cuff, most of them were for running the tiny commlink built in, so Han could contact him when he needed him. He shifted it around studying the clasp that locked it around his wrist. He toyed with it a bit, trying to see if he cold free himself from it. Chafing his wrist in the process he found his straining was useless. Looking up one more time, he reached out with the Force, found the mechanism triggered it, and the lock opened. He smiled in spite of himself as he closed it up again.

He felt the heated stare again, and Luke was running out of things to make him appear distracted. Closing his eyes he pretended to be asleep, as he set into a mode of concentration, reaching out for each of their signatures in the Force.

Han?s was bright and cheerful. He was in a great mood. //I would be too, if I was eating food like that. // Luke thought. A few of Han?s thoughts carried into Luke?s mind.?I can?t believe I?m doing this! I can?t believe they?re buying these stories, well it is the truth, if only half truths.? He felt Han?s concern about him, and a deep and thriving guilt, festering inside his closed mind. Relenting from Han?s presence, he scanned that of the Chancellor and his wife. Nothing to out of the ordinary, except captivated intrigue to Han?s blown out of proportion stories. A few thoughts about daily routines and scheduled meetings for tomorrow rose form the Chancellor but nothing of great importance.

Next came the young slave Nicholas, sitting against the wall not to far from Luke. He scanned his thoughts quickly, mostly stuff about pleasing his Master, trying desperately not to upset him, and things that had to be done before nightfall and tomorrow morning. Those emotions and thoughts startled Luke a bit as he remembered feeling and thinking the exact same way as a kid on Tatooine. Only the respect and fear belonged to his uncle.

Luke took a moment to regain his composure as another wave of past memories flooded his mind from open wounds, reopened in the last few days by this whole ordeal. Relaxing into the Force again, he searched the thoughts of the green

17. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Next time Luke and Han are alone, "I have a very bad feeling about this". Great post Princess, I can't wait to see what Han does when Luke tells him what was learned through probing their thoughts. Also loved the way you referred back to Ep IV with the comment about the Falcon.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

18. Jabba-the-Fat-Butt

Jabba-the-Fat-Butt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    great fic, P_T!

btw, what do you mean by "not slash" in the thread title?

19. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I've heard a lot of people complain that they found Luke to be whiney, but I never thought he was worse than any other teen his age. Sure he was young, naive, and full of himself in the first movie, but as time went on and he grew and gained experience he matured and became the Jedi who defeated the emperor and re-established the Jedi order. Half the fun of the movies is watching Luke change. :)

This was a good part. I liked how Luke was able to tap into the feelings of everyone around him. The chancellor seems like a hard man, though his wife seems kinder. Will Luke be able to warn Han about the plans of the younger daughter and what will they be able to do about it? :)

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Poor Luke had one normal teenage line to whine about power converters and he has gotten tagged as a whiner because of it. It doesn't seem to matter what he did after that for some reason. I never considered him a whiner. I really liked how you let Luke take some control for himself by peering into the other's feelings and also by checking to see that he could open that wrist tag. That girl is going to be trouble. Now my question is will the nice sister get to become close to Luke. :)

21. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow! So many replies! I really had to dip into my college vocabulary for this story! I'm a political Science and foreign affairs major, so writing as a politicain speaks comes pretty easy for me. It was still tough to word this right though! :p

Tych_Sel: Thanks for the comment "Captain_Tych" Glad to see your back to your old ID. You'll just have to wait and see about Han and Luke's conversation.

Jabba: Welcome to my story! I'm glad you're liking this. "Slash" means a couple pairing, and usually refers to sexual content in stories. I read and write Star Wars "slash", but here it is forbidden, though some thought this story was going to include some elements of "slash" in it. It will not, I can assure you. For more clarification read my warning on pg. 5. Thanks again, glad to have a new reader! :D

Abbi_cee: I agree totally! I always hated it when people would talk about how whiny he is. He's not! In the first movie, he was just a little, but that is typical for somone at age 18. I choose to write Luke as a man, because that's what he is now. Glad you liked the new post.

Mariah: Again I agree. He is not a whiner, not anymore. I wanted Luke to appear as if he has control. The whole point of this story is to show how Han and Luke rely on eachother and their friendship. I want Han to be strong, but not too strong, and the same is with Luke. I want them to need eachother, but not all the time, this whole story is a great test of a great friendship. As far as Luke's relationship with Sarah goes...you'll have to wait and see! :D

So many responses! Whew! I'm finishing up this part ASAP, so more up probably tomorrow! I have some illustration work to do, so forgive me. Tomorrow for sure. :)

22. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    LOL! How are Luke and Han going to manage to fight off Mina!? Beware of spoiled teenagers! I also liked how each member of the family is fleshed out to have their own perspectives. Seeing Luke's pov and Nicholas' is a treat. It makes them all sound very real.

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm getting really lazy with my comments. I agree with AbeeCee and Mariah. :)

Can't wait for more.

24. star_rebel

star_rebel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    First of all, I love all three of your stories. Have read all three of them from the beginning. Thought I would actually come out of lurk-mode here, and reply to one of your stories first, but was compelled to reply to another story. :D I am one of those who does not see Luke as a whiner. One or two comments in a movie do not make you a whiner. Alas poor Luke has forever been labeled one. I love the friendship between Han, and Luke, and this situation will sorely test that friendship. I look forward to seeing where you will take this. LOL a spoilt teenaged girl has her sights set on Luke. You got me there. Didn't see that coming at all. :eek: You know Mina will ask Daddy to buy Luke for her Birthday( I am laughing thinking about this, and really trying not to fall out of my chair)I know Han will not want to sell Luke, but will he have to eventually to keep their cover. There is no telling what Luke will have to go thru if he becomes Mina's slave. That is where some very major problems could occur. I liked the way Luke read the others thoughts so that he would be aware of what could happen, hopefully it helps Luke prepare for this situation with Mina. Once again very good story. I look forward to reading the next post . Must find out what happens next. [face_mischief]

25. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow! I feel like I've come really late to the party. Look at all those posts! Ok, I've got a lot to say - where to begin?

First of all, I definitely agree with everyone about the whininess (or lack thereof) of our good friend Luke. I think his teeny bit o' whininess at the beginning only goes to prove how much he grows and evolves as a human being. OK. Enough of that. Hope Jacinta_Kenobi doesn't feel too picked on!

Now on to the fantastic post. Shame on Luke for spying on everyone's thoughts! :D Just kidding. Great device! It's nice to see Luke be proactive in his awful situation - though I don't think it's going to prevent some crazy hijinks a-comin'! :)

Love the lock-picking bit! Love all the different perspectives and family members fleshed out. I think you did a great job using the 10 dollar vocabulary (poly sci major ? - good cats girl, what don't you do??? [face_laugh])

Sorry to be so late to the fun, but you know, life calls.... :(

Looking forward to the next 'un. :D :D
    ~Baroness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.