main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Jedi Snapshots 2 (JA short stories - humor/serious)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Now you can be happy Ejedir2 because I have once again read your story. :D

2. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    WAHOO! BORME! I feel honored! :D Now. . .if only a few more would show up. . .

3. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    I'm reading! In fact, it's kind of nice to read the reposts again. They're just as funny the second time around!

I know it must be a lot of work reposting stories that got mangled in the move, but they deserve being kept alive. New readers wouldn't be able to figure some of them out otherwise.

Thanks for all the hard work!

4. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Title: Street Brat

This takes place when Qui-Gon is about twenty-three. He?s still a padawan to Yoda, but he?s going to take the trials soon.

Qui-Gon looked at his data-pad. He was so bored. There was nothing to do but study this old junk. He looked over at his Master. Yoda was busy meditation or something. Qui-Gon took a deep breath. He headed toward the door, he needed some fresh air. . if you could call the air on Coruscant fresh.

?Padawan, going somewhere you are?? Yoda?s voice startled him. ?Finished your studies you have not.?

?I was just going outside to get some air.? Qui-Gon looked back at the Jedi Master.

?Fine, fine. Be back soon. Time for meal it is.?

?I will return shortly.? Yoda gave a final nod and Qui-Gon walked out of the room. The halls of the great Jedi Temple were cool and a little on the shadowy side. Qui-Gon could remember, as an initiate, he had been scared out of his wits to walk in the halls at night alone. Now he found it peaceful. He exited the Temple through the front doors. It was nearly dusk, though the city never slept. Qui-Gon walked down the street. There were many interesting things to see on Coruscant. All of the different species, foods. . .just the city in general was a individualized place in the galaxy. The entire planet was a city. It still amazed him.

Qui-Gon walked passed different street vendors and stores. He could hear some shouting in the distance. ?Street brat! Get back with that now!?

?Good fer nothing Orphan.?

Qui-Gon walked toward the disturbance, as he rounded the corner a small figure rammed him in the stomach. ?I?m uh, very sorry sir.? The boy?s eyes went wide as he saw the lightsabe hilt hanging from Qui-Gon?s belt. ?You?re a Jedi! I?ve never met a Jedi before.?

Qui-Gon still slightly out of breath for the head running into his stomach looked down at the young boy. ?Yes, I am an apprentice. Who might you be.?

?Hey kid, bring that back! You have credits?!? A small time vendor was chasing after them. The little boy tried to run. Qui-Gon grabbed him.

?Let me go! Let me go!? The young child was struggling with all his might against Qui-Gon?s strength.

?None of that now. We must take you back.?

?They?re going to kill me!?

?They?ll do nothing of the sort. Come now.? Qui-Gon scooped the child up and carried him back toward the corner market he?d stolen, the, now smashed, fruit from.

?But I haven?t got no credits.?

?Any. You haven?t got any credits.?

?Yeah any.?

Qui-Gon juggled the boy to his other arm. ?Don?t worry. I will pay for it.?

The boy looked wide-eyed, ?You really will? You?re so nice!? The little boy wrapped his arms around Qui-Gon?s neck and hugged him so tightly that the apprentice had to take his hands off before he suffocated.

?It?s all right.? Qui-Gon looked at the man. ?Here?s enough credits to pay for the fruit, and the time it took you to run him down.? Qui-Gon grabbed for some more. ?And I want a fruit basket.?

?You Jedi? Why??

?I am hungry.? Qui-Gon lowered the small child to the ground. The man grabbed a basket and handed it to him. ?Thank you.? The vendor didn?t answer. Qui-Gon grabbed the boy?s hand and walked with him a good distance down the street. He turned off to a little side alley. ?Here,? he handed the food to the boy. ?This will keep you going. if you need something, just come to the Jedi Temple and ask. They?ll be happy to help.? Qui-Gon smiled at the little child. He felt bad for him. His clothes were ragged and torn. His blond hair was long, about to his chin. Really long to Qui-Gon. The kid?s green eyes pierced you though. They were a jade green. Very beautiful. He looked as if he?d been on his own for a few months, and he couldn?t be more than five. ?I?ll need to be going now.? The young boy nodded, and continued eating. ?Goodbye.? Qui-Gon walked back toward the Temple.

?A lot of fresh air you breathed, hmmm?? Yoda commented as Qui-Gon walked into their quarters.

?I am sorry Master,? Qui-Gon said apol

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Cool!!! New snapshots, and really good ones to Ejedir, well done.

6. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Thanks Leona! It's great to have you with us again:D

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Family Matters

Part One: Obi-Wan?s viewpoint.

I think this has to rate as possibly the worst day of my life.

I say day; it?s actually very late at night now. Somewhere along the line I must have lost track of the time.

I?ve been sitting for the last Sith knows how many hours trying to make sense of this whole thing. My conclusions?

There are no conclusions.

My brain is just completely numb. One minute everything is going fine and the next?

I?ve seen people in Bacta before. Myself, I?ve been in the stuff on far too many occasions. Everyone keeps saying comforting things like ?It?ll be fine. That?s the best place for her right now?, but of course they are wrong. The best place for you is back at your apartment with Evla and myself and Qui-Gon. Just like we were last night.

I don?t understand how things can change so suddenly. You were fine yesterday. So was our child.

The idea of being a father took some mental adjustment, I can tell you. Shocked would have been the understatement of the millennium! But I did get used to the idea, quicker than I thought. I even began to imagine I might enjoy it?

My master has tried to console me by telling me that it just wasn?t meant to be. Maybe he?s right, but I still feel sickened. Hollow. That?s a better word.

Like I?ve lost a part of myself.

They?re all worried about you, too. An-Paj comes in from time to time to check up on how you?re doing and he smiles and makes optimistic rumblings but it?s difficult not to be worried. After all, if Rela hadn?t found you slumped on the floor of the restaurant fresher when she did, you probably wouldn?t even be here for me to complain to. Leona says that you were within ten minutes of being beyond help. Note to self: must hug Rela to within an inch of her life. She?s outside with my master. I think she?s been crying.

I?d love to cry too but it?s a luxury I can?t afford right now.

They are going to keep you in the tank for another five hours; at least that?s what Leona told us. For the time being the only thing I can do is place my hand against the glass and watch you. An-Paj is trying to figure out what caused you to lose our child but I think he?s as much at a loss as the rest of us.

You weren?t too happy about this whole parenthood idea, yet I understood that some of it was just an act. Like last night when you complained about the probability of looking like a Hutt that had swallowed a beach ball. My master nearly choked on his glass of water! And then when you laughingly suggested you wouldn?t be able to see your feet to paint your toenails, I looked at you to see how miserable you were.

I almost think you were happy.

Evla is extremely upset, of course. She?s not been well of late and my master is worried how this is going to affect her. It?s selfish of me, I know, but I?m more worried how this might affect us. Everyone keeps saying how tough you are and how you?ve come through worse but they only see what?s on the surface. For a non-Jedi you shield very well. You?re not in the least bit tough.

Kryztan Harkley has gone missing, or so his master thinks. He?ll turn up no doubt. I don?t care if he does or not and I know you certainly won?t, but all the same I understand how concerned Master Berlingside is. Just one more upset person in the temple today.

Qui-Gon is waiting outside. He wanted to give me some time alone with you, which was very good of him. Rela doesn?t want to see you like this so she is staying outside. Simeon has popped in to see you too. He?s still looking a bit on the green side, poor fellow, even after nearly two months since..

The zoo.

I am never going back there.

If we ever get married I think we?ll have to hold the ceremony in a Bacta tank! You see couples do those sorts of things. Some of them get married under water, some of them on tightropes over ridiculously high waterfalls. Yoda could officiate, although we wouldn?t be able to hear him. I suppose he could just prod at us with his stick when he wanted our attention.

I know, I know. It?s silly.

8. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    Sniff...How sad. Those two sure do endure a lot of suffering.

9. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks Deborah! But I think we all like to make poor Obi suffer more than he probably should! There were a few loose ends that needed to be tidied up from LT&P before I even begin to start work on a sequel, so I needed to think of a solution or two.

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Heart-wrenching Jemmiah. I guess this reveals the unanswered question you left hanging at the end on LT&P, though I didn't expect the revelation to be so tragic.

I look forward (sniff, sniff) to part 2.

11. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Oh how sad. . . .*sniff* You always have to do these kind of things. *sniff* More please.

12. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    what is LT&P?

13. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    You're certainly right, Jemmiah. Obi is made to suffer. Maybe everyone just wants to prepare him for later, or maybe it's just because he has the strength to bear it...sigh...or maybe we just picture Ewan McGregor acting it out :)

Morpheus, LT&P is a thread called "Lions and Tigers and Padawans, Oh My" all neatly reposted by Jemmiah. Check it out, it's hysterical.

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was truely tragic Jemmiah. Poor Obi and poor Jemmiah! I really wish something good would happen to them. I mean I wouldn't wish for something like that to happen to my worst enemy much less my favorite characters. Please let something happy happen to them. :)

15. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Wow......

The snapshots are always such a high level. One minute you're sniffing and dabbing your eyes and the next it's hysterical laughter.

I'm looking forward to part two.

16. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks to Jemmiah for asking me to post a snap shot.

Here it is: A GAMBLE LOST!

At an amazing speed, I raced down the hallway with my ginger Padawan braid flying out behind me. I?d look back every so often. After a few times, the Force and my blue eyes alerted me to the fact savage female Jedi were hunting me down!

I?m almost eighteen for Sith?s sake. I have Knights, Masters, Padawans and initiates chasing after me!

?Come back here!? the women scream at me like I?m a prize. I pick up my pace and run faster. My Master would never let me live this down!

How could I have been so stupid to make a bet with that Sithly female Sal-Fina! I?ve always had a bad feeling about her!

What have I done to deserve this anyway? Okay, so I lost a bet. Dammit! I do deserve this!

It had been a normal day, I was training with Yoda and he was showing me and a few other Padawans how to fine-tune our routines when Sal Fina burst through the training hall. She told Yoda that she needed to speak with me.

?What do you want now?? I asked her. She is such an annoying Ms Perfection.

?I want you to honour our bet!? she said pointing one of her long fingers into my chest. The bet was if my Master and I won the Master-Padawan Sports day, she?d show me the video she starred in. I had it all planned out! I was going to take in a halo-cam and tape it and screen it round the temple! As a joke of course! I didn't really want to see it! That?s disgusting you would even think of that!

But we lost. That meant she was going to raffle me off in a fun raiser for the temple!

?I have sold all the tickets! This is so secret that Master of yours doesn?t know yet!?

?I won?t do it!? I protested by crossing my arms in disgust I began to walk away.

?Oh ladies!? she cried over her shoulder. The door opened again and in came thirty female Jedi. I nearly died when I saw my girlfriend leading them in!

?Your in on this too!? I screamed at her.

?I bought five tickets baby!? she winked back.

The women surrounded me like hunting rancors about to kill their pray.

I looked up and saw a rafter beam. I gathered the Force around me like a cloak and spring boarded to onto it!

Yoda was suddenly aware of the commotion. ?Get down from there you must!?

?Okay Master Yoda!? I replied somersaulting to the ground and landing on my feet behind Sal-Fina. ?Catch me if you can!? I cried and charged out of the room. A few seconds I was in this mess!

Up ahead, Adi Gallia blocked my path. She was in on this too! ?Sith!? I swore as I changed direction again. Down a corner I turned. I was heading towards the lake.

Who did I happen to run into but Mace Windu! ?Help me!? I cried in dismay.

?What?s going on?? he asked in horror as the women followed me around the corner.

?He is the prize in our Fundraiser! Get him!? Depa Billiba screamed from the front line and pointed to me.

Mace turned to me. ?Run for it!?

I nodded. ?What do you think I?ve been doing?? I replied as I dived into the lake. I know I wasn?t meant to use the under water passages, but this was an emergency.

I was told later that the women pounced on Mace Windu and threatened to beat him within an inch of his life if he didn?t tell them where I was. He wasn?t fazed until Sal Fina threatened to kiss him!

He squealed all!

He even offered to get my Master in on this. No matter how much he or Master Yoda disliked the weird fundraising ideas my girlfriend comes up with. His final words he spoke to Sal-Fina were ?Qui-Gon?s not going to like me because of this. But anything I can do to help you girls get your hands on that Sithly Padawan I?d be much obliged.?

Talk about cowardice.

So I escaped to the residential wing and soaking wet I raced into our quarters and locked the door. I then closed all the curtains and grabbed a towel from the fresher. ?Why did I make this bet in the first place?" I cried banging my head on the table until it hurt. I was about to go for a shower when I heard a knock at the door. I fro

17. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    LOL Ha! Good twist there, I assumed it was Obi-Wan being chased!!!!!

18. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Telling you again Jemmiah, that was way good. Btw, I'm going to be gone until Saturday. . not that anyone cares. . .but:D

19. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Jemmiah ~ At the risk of sounding impatient, where's part two already?!

Bless their hearts, Ben and Jemmy always seem to get the heavy end of the hammer don't they?

Oh and Ejedir2 when you come back Sat. have more to post please. Those snapshots were great!

20. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    more more more!!!!

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. Light_sabe-r, that was absolutely brilliant. Thank you very much for posting. Of course, it goes without saying that if you or anyone else wants to have another shot...

Ejedir, come back this instant and post more!

As for the next instalment, Mouse2 has kindly agreed to write the next bits, for which I am extremely grateful. Cheers Mouse!

22. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Jemmiah graciously asked me if I would write Rela point of view to Jemmiah's situation. Almost instantly this came into my head, so I quickly wrote it down. Here's part 2

FAMILY MATTERS

Part 2: Rela's viewpoint

<Its my fault.> Rela told herself as she sat on the floor hugging her knees.

<Not Jemmiah. Not Obi-Wan.> The tears started again.

<I just wanted them to be happy. Truly happy. Something that I?ll never have. Of all the times Qui-Gon had to listen to me, why this? Why did this have to happen to them? Of all the people in the galaxy why them? Why couldn?t have been my mother? She wouldn?t have cared. She told me so. Stop it! This isn?t about you! It?s about Jemmiah and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan. Oh, force Obi-Wan! How I wish I could be there for you like you were for me, but I can go in there. I know you understand why, but that shouldn?t matter. I should be able to overcome my fears to comfort my friends. I never told either of you how much you mean to me. I don?t have that many friends and I
    consider you both my best friends. Now I?ll never get the chance to tell you how I really feel.>

Rela covered her head with her arms to muffle the sound of her crying.

<I?ve always known about the force, but never truly believed in it until now. That?s the only way I can describe it. Something told me to go look for you Jemmy. It wasn?t a feeling, and it wasn?t a passing thought. I remember it distinctly and will remember it for the rest of my life. It said //Find Jemmiah!//. Nothing in this galaxy could have prevented me from ignoring it. Then I found you. You were slumped on the ?fresher floor, and...Oh force! What could I do? Nothing! The only thing that came to mind was to get Leona. Thank the force she was with us. What was I good for? Again nothing! Then I started crying and haven?t been able to stop since. Please Jemmiah you have to make it through. For yourself. For Obi-Wan. For Qui-Gon. For Elva. Maybe even for me.>

Rela felt a calming hand on her shoulder. She looked up through tear filled eyes into Qui-Gon?s weary ice blue ones.

?You should be with Obi-Wan and Jemmiah right now.? she told him as she wiped some of the tears away.

?He?ll let me know when they need me.? he told her as he stretched his arms out toward her.

Hungry for some sort of contact, Rela climbed into his lap as Qui-Gon quickly enveloped her in his arms.

?I?m sorry. I never meant for something like this to happen. I never thought...? she whispered through her seemingly never ending tears. Qui-Gon shushed her comfortingly.

?I just wanted them to be happy.?

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    <Peeks around the corner>

mouse, that was awesome. Now everyone at work wants to know why I'm sniffing.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000