main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Special Forces

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Okie, here's a rough sketch of want I want my Jedi Garb to be. I can't sew worth a lazy Hutt, so I figured I would make ample use of these karate uniforms I have laying around. I came to the realization last night that my black uniform looks a lot like Darth Maul's outfit, and I am so interested in doing the Jedi Armor thing that I thought it would be nifty to make like a Special Forces Jedi outfit. I think I like the black/white color theme, but I am also thinking of going with black pants and a red tunic, not sure though. I really want Imperial Red Jedi Armor though, like the color of Luke's armor in Shadows of the Empire. Lemme know what you think: [image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Jedi%20Costume.jpg]

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey man....you're in luck, because I can sew (basic stuff, nothing too fancy).

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Woohoo! My mom is going to be sending me some of my old uniforms next week, and the way I have it designed now there shouldn't be too much to sew, other than maybe cleaning up where I will cut the sleeves for my tunic.

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Very nice.

My first Jedi outfit was pretty much just an old, coffee-stained karate uniform and a belt. It wasn't entirely accurate, but it looked pretty good. It'll look great as a custom costume like special forces or something. The fact that it saves on sewing is a huge bonus too! Great idea. :)

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jayna, do you remember that Jedi Knight patch we saw? The one that had the SW1? I got one off of e-bay and I think it will look really cool on my shoulder. Although when we do the armor I say we design a Jedi logo to paint on.

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    The Jedi armour in the picture has the Republic symbol on the shoulder. It would be pretty cool to have something Jedi on the other side. Hmmm....

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hehe, you wanted to be an artist. Let the creative Force flow through you...

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I've always liked the JKII lightsaber-looking design. It's simple, and yet it looks cool. Maybe something along those lines.

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Great! That's actually kinda like what my patch looks like. Are you going to do another costume or just wear your armor with your current garb? I think you did an awesome job on your outfit :)

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, I have come to a bit of a cross-roads. I now realize my outfit doesn't have any pockets! I mean, when I do karate I just stick stuff in my jacket and my belt holds it there, but I don't know about that if I am going to be wearing it for a long time. So I was thinking about switching out the pants for some BDU pants, but that would toatally take away from the Jedi look, and I want to keep it a little traditional. So I am then thinking about doing some belt pouches, but then it wouldn't look as streamlined as I want it to be. Any suggestions? (No, I will not carry a purse!!)

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I say pants with pockets would work fine. Black cargo or BDU style pants would actually go with a more NJO style anyhow. If you don't want the bulky pouches, I say go with the pants. If you are going for a more traditional, prequel look, then I'd suggest the pouches, bulky though they may be.

I think I will want to make my outfit entirely. I don't think that my current garb would go very well with the armour. I was actually thinking about just getting a karate uniform for the top and dying it. I will also want pants with pockets. that is the one thing I can't stand about my garb now. Especially since I don't have pouches yet. The purse does work fine, though. Don't go eliminating all your options just yet, Q99! ;)

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, couldn't sleep so I thought I would post, and guess who's on the boards? My favorite little Jedi!

I think it would be awesome if we coordinated our outfits. Wanna make a trip to the Military Supply store sometime? If you want I can also see about getting a deal on some karate tops.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Over spring break, I will sit down and decided exactly how I'm going to do my outfit. I'll let you know the results when they come.

I am always up for a trip to the military suppy store! Lets go! :)

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wahoo! I like the whole NJO idea because you don't see many of those, well, any of those. I know there is a group of people that are going to do Anakin's group Jedi Commando's for celebration III, but no one with armor. I can't wait to see your design.

15. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    About pockets....you can always add your own, maybe to the inside of your karate top or something....
  16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That involves sewing. ewwwwwwwww :p

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    As far as seeing my design goes, it'll be as near to that Jedi armour picture as I can get. I really liked the looks pf that.

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds good. I'm interested in that little cape thing he's sporting. That looks spiffy. Shouldn't be too hard either.

19. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I was trying to figure out how that worked. Do you think it is just wrapped around his waist or is it really a cape thing?

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I can't really tell. It looks like he has a robe deal under his chest plate, but I don't know if it would extend all the way down, or if he just has a waste-cape going. Hey, I bet we are the first ones to do this, so I guess we will be setting the standard! Wahoo! :D

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ooo, I found some heavy duty RC car springs in the lab tonight and I think they would look great as belt decoration. They look almost like remote detonators or something. :)

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I finally got into GI Jeff's today. Man, I was like a kid in a toy store :D I didn't really like the style of Black BDU pants they had, but I did pick up everything else that I needed for my Jedi Master outfit, minus the tabards. I'm going to use a brown pistol sling that matches Jayna's boots perfectly as a belt, I got a black ammo pouch that looks really cool, and some 20mm rifle shells that I'm going to put on my belt to look like power packs or comlinks or something. Or just some really cool HUGE bullets :D I'm actually thinking it looks really good just like that and the tabards may be a bit too much. What do you all think?

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/boots.JPG]

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/garb.JPG]

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/garb_close.JPG]

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, it would appear that Grand Prix decided not to cancel my order, eventhough I have a confirmation e-mail saying they did, so in two days I will be the happy owner of a pair of $55 black boots! :mad: Good thing I start my job next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.