main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi starfighters - Delta-7 or Eta-2?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by QuangoFett, Sep 23, 2014.

?

Favoured Jedi starfighter model

1. Delta-7 Aethersprite (AOTC)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Eta-2 Actis (ROTS)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    In the AOTC-versus-ROTS spirit of the Phase I vs. Phase II clone armour poll, pick your favourite of the two Jedi starfighter models.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Which of the two starfighter models do you prefer? Which would you rather take on a cruise through the Kuiper Belt? Which starfighter do you think is more significant?

The Delta-7 is sleek and pointed, influencing the design of the later Imperial-class star destroyer. The cockpit situated far towards the rear gives it some of the style of a classic roadster. Some might find it lacking in the weaponry department, though.

The Eta-2 is more blocky and functional, much like the other military vehicles of ROTS. However, it has some excellent proportions and is supremely agile. Its glassy "eyeball" cockpit gives it unsurpassed visibility.

There's no "Delta-7-max" option on this ballot. If you want to vote for the Delta-7B, vote Delta-7 and it will deliver a firm vow to commit to a beskar-clad timetable for the Delta-7B.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I prefer the Eta-2

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Delta-7 is probably my favourite starfighter of the whole saga.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Delta-7 hands down.

5. SpecterSquadronLeader

SpecterSquadronLeader Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2014
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Definitely the Delta-7. It holds a lot of nostalgia value for me (Jedi Starfighter was one of the first video games I ever played), and I just like the design better in general, anyways.

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Anakin's yellow Eta-2 is probably my favorite ship in the whole saga...so far.

8. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Eta-2. If there's any fighter from the Wars that I would want to keep in the garage, it's that one. The design is crazy-awesome, basically a tiny bubble cockpit dangling between a pair of fork-pronged wings. The Jedi must have serious cajones to take these out for a spin in the middle of a warzone.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Delta-7 just feels so bland imo.
    The Eta-2 is awesome imo.

10. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I like both, but I prefer the Delta-7. Actually, I prefer the Delta-7B, which moves the droid socket to right in front of the cockpit. And Plo Koon's Delta-7B is bad ass.

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    From a tactical "dog fighter" perspective the ETA is a far better and practical ship. Assuming the laws of physics apply in SW, which they likely dont, both fighthers have different performance capabilities and roles.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    My vote goes to the Eta-2 just for my nostalgia for ROTS , its similarities to tie fighters and that it looks cool.

13. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Weird I was thinking the exact same thing.

darth car and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Quite a reversal. The Eta-2 used to be comfortably ahead of the Delta-7 in the polling.

[​IMG]

- A Ryan Church-penned concept of something that seems to be midway between the Delta-7 and Eta-2, for those remaining undecided voters.