main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi Survivors After Order 66 (Movie Cannon Only)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BaconJediCLONE, Dec 4, 2013.

1. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's likely. Still - I could see a certain amount of time passing between Ventress's appearance in The Wrong Jedi, and this story. Perhaps enough to justify "redating" it.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So lets get an update on the surviving Jedi. Anyone with knowledge of the novels and the survivors list of the purge? And in the novel with Ventress, does it tell her backstory, who her master was, why she left the order?

Kanan
    Vos
    Ventress
    Kenobi
    Yoda
    Vader
    K'kruhnk
    Inquisitor
    Barris

4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Is it *just* the movies? Then as far as we know, it's just Vader, Yoda, and Obi-Wan.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the bottom line is we don't know. by rotj yoda and obi could be the last of the old order but there could be other semi-jedi like kanan, etc.

until canon material contradicts it like 7, 8 and 9 or tv.

6. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Yoda and Obi-Wan thought that they were the last of the Jedi. Vader and Palpatine also thought that there no other Jedi. If Episodes 7-9 present something different, then there would have been other survivors. If the ST has nothing to say on the manner, then there would be no canon evidence that there were other survivors.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Goes dark du roles does not take place after order 66.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Obi-Wan and Yoda are clearly concerned that there are other survivors in ROTS. Since there are thousands of Jedi unaccounted for in the movie (only 10 of them or so are seen killed on-screen in ROTS), that leaves plenty of wiggle room.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. SpaceLord2014

SpaceLord2014 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2014
    I was wondering if there is any official info in the films of how many Jedi there were before Order 66? I think it was in Rebels that Kanan said there were 10 thousand or something like that but still that is not in the movies.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    There were around 10,000 of them at the time of TPM. That number was surely whittled down a little bit in the Clone Wars, however.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No it's never stated how many jedi there are in the films.

Vialco likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well there is Canon evidence but not from the films.

13. enigmaticjedi

Nov 2, 2011

I thought the films are considered to be the primary canon.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Not anymore - now, all works in the "canonverse" are equal - the movies, short stories, reference books, TCW, Rebels, etc.

At least in theory.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. enigmaticjedi

Nov 2, 2011

Really? When was this decided? Until now, I thought that TCW, Rebels, etc. had secondary canon status in that only material that did not conflict with the movies was pure canon.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    When the old canon system was scrapped and replaced with "canonverse" and "Legendsverse" - TCW was upgraded to "canonverse" - and new content after the announcement was "canonverse" as well.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes all the old books are now non Canon but as of august 2014 every book and show unless stated otherwise is Canon this includes TCW and Rebels.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    So they just made everything confusing, didn't they?

Do I need to watch Star Wars Rebels before watching the next movie?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No. Plane and simple.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Ashoka is now on the surviving Jedi list. Unless she doesn't count seeing as how she was no longer a member of the Order by the time of the Purge.

21. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I think Ahsoka is a tricky one. Technically she was removed from the Jedi Order, so technically she doesn't count. However, the reason she was removed was because of a crime she didn't commit so morally I would see her as still a Jedi (Padawan specifically) when she went underground.

(Spoiler is for Star Wars Rebels season finale...)
    As for her appearance in Rebels, for me it will depend of whether she still upholds the Jedi way. In my mind, if she does, then the trial of her being thrown out of the order and hunted for a crime she didn't commit while holding on to her Jedi principles would probably unofficially make her a full knight.

I was so disappointed that Fulcrum was Ahsoka though! I always thought it would be more logical to have her turn to the dark side since she was trained by a guy who became a Sith Lord. The Whole, Bariss turning to the darkside and Ahsoka being the good, stable one made no sense at all to me. Then, given all she went though after being falsely accused, I would definintely expect her to turn to the darkside but I guess the writers liked her character a whole lot more than I do. (I find her really quite irritating.) Really I wanted Falcrum to be Obi-Wan, working from Tattooine. I wanted that with all of my heart. :)

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

You did not need to spoiler tag that

Anyway Morals don't matter she is not a jedi anymore she left was offered a way back and refused she is not a jedi anymore.

23. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I think that depends on your definition of what a Jedi is. I see where you're coming from and have no issue with that point of view. I just don't share it. For me, being a Jedi is about a state of being, a way of life. While the Jedi Order existed that would mean being a part of the Order but since order 66 the Jedi Order, as we previously knew it, is finished. There is continuity following Luke but even there I see him as clearly a new kind of Jedi. There is no Order to obey or to be a part of - in my view, at that point, being a Jedi becomes a way of being, a dedication to a set of principles much more than being part of a particular organisation. Kanan was only a Padawan, the Jedi Order never gave him Knight status but I think there will stil be a point in his life when he becomes a Knight. If the Order still functioned that would be recognised by his Master and the Council, but I see no reason why it couldn't still happen without them, he would still BE a Jedi Knight even if he didn't get told about it. I think the same is true for Ahsoka, but we obviously know less about her morality, ideals and actions than Kanan - does she still behave as a Jedi, or has her bad experience changed her?

darskpine10 and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The other reason I take that view is because it will be easier to explain how she survives rebels.

25. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    It's not clear when certain Jedi died as well, for example, Luminara survived Order 66, but was captured and died at some point after that. All the quasi-Jedi roaming around during Rebels, such as Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra are in a grey area. We also have important Jedi survivors, including Council member Shaak Ti, from TFU, that have yet to be accounted for in the new canon...

Iron_lord likes this.