main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jedi Tales: The Origin of Palpatine UPDATED Ch12 Pt1 27/11/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Sharoes, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cruel

Darth_Cruel Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2004
    I grow tired of asking this, so it will be the last time. Where is the next post?

2. DARTH_VEZ

DARTH_VEZ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Who am I kidding? I bet in 15 years I'll still be popping in to see if Ian posted. One can always hope *crosses fingers*

3. centerpoint1

centerpoint1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    just checking...........yep still no post.........................................................................................................................................

4. Jedi_Sharoes

Jedi_Sharoes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    JEDI TALES: THE ORIGIN OF PALPATINE
    PART II: DARK KNOWLEDGE

CHAPTER NINE

An incoming comm light flashed, interrupting Darth Plageuis? meditation. With a quick gesture of his hand, he used the Force to trigger the switch. ?Report, my apprentice? he said.

No image was being transmitted, a necessary precaution here on Coruscant. But the voice was clear.

?My Master, I have discovered the nature of the Sith artifacts that have been put on sale by the mysterious vendor. I recovered a data chip from two of the Museum?s agents. They have been silenced.?

?Show me what you have learned, apprentice? said Plageuis hungrily. He watched in silence as three images hovered above the holo display.

For a long time, he sat silent, contemplating the three images. He did not speak, his only reaction a hiss of air being sucked in between his teeth. Finally, his contemplation was disturbed by his apprentice.

?My Master, what is thy bidding? I do not ??

?You doN't recognize these artifacts, do you?? It was more of a statement than a question.

?Not at all. They are definitely of Sith origin, then??

?Indeed they are my young apprentice. I myself have never seen them. But I believe I know their nature. They may well prove to be more important than even you suspect.?

?We have not been betrayed then, my Master??

?A curious question. I see you have thought of the possibility of betrayal too.? For a moment, Plageuis paused, considering possible actions. Abruptly, he snapped out a question. ?Have the Jedi seen this document??

?No, my Master. They have not yet arrived.?

?Send me your location, apprentice. Then you must confront the bounty hunter, find out what he knows and eliminate him.?

?And the Jedi?? asked Belo.

?I will deal with them myself. The securing of these artifacts is our main priority. Then we will deal with our betrayer. For we have been betrayed indeed.?

?Yes, my Lord. Transmitting location now.?

Darth Plageuis cut the comm transmission and studied the co-ordinates his apprentice had sent him, then called up a map of the area. With a wave of his hand, the holo map disappeared and he strode out of his mediation chamber, heading for the Temple?s hangar bay.

Jedi Master Kar Brehan and his companion, Jocasta Nu, sped along one of the service tunnels in the Southern Underground, the younger Jedi at the controls of their airspeeder. Not wanting to attract any more attention than they were already receiving from the Underground?s less savoury inhabitants, their external lights were switched off. As they traveled along in silence, various sounds could be heard echoing from far off, originating in tunnels far away. Snatches of music caught their ears, as well as the less welcome sound of occasional blaster fire, or the odd scream of a Coruscanti sewer rat as it met its end to one predator or another.

After one of these screams, Jocasta Nu couldn?t prevent herself from shuddering. The stench of the Underground, mixed with the echo of their violent and often short lives that resonated through the Force, she couldn?t help but feel disgust and found it hard to shut out the despair and darkness that cloaked the lives of those who lived in the Underground.

Kar Brehan smiled inwardly and spoke. ?Be at peace Jocasta. I too feel the dark side here. Right now there is nothing we can do to help these beings.?

In turn, Jocasta Nu allowed herself to smiled a little ashamedly, before replying to the elderly Zabrakkian. ?I know Master Brehan. But it is hard sometimes not to feel overwhelmed by, by ? this.? Unable to describe the Underground, she simply waved her hand to vaguely indicate the tunnel around her. ?That such conditions exist anywhere is wrong. But that they exist at all on Coruscant, the heart of the Republic? It is dreadful that such poverty exists alongside such wealth.?

?I understand. You aren?t used to such things, Jocasta? replied Kar.

?I hope I never get used to things such as this? she said.

?I know what yo

5. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Good things come to those who wait i say and this case the next chapter of this enthralling story of the Dark lords of the Sith. Great new chapter J_S, keep them coming.

M-O-E.

6. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Jedi Sharoes:

Outstanding my ol' Jedi friend - I knew you wouldn't let us down... ;) Thanks again and keep it coming... :)

Darth Deceptious

7. Jedi_Sharoes

Nov 9, 2004
    Thanks fellas. There'll be more as soon as I remember the plot twists I had in store! So that's two almighty fights and Belo's initiation as a Sith Lord then. Anything to drink? Oh, look out for a cameo from another PT character btw ...

Sharoes Nai

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    What an awesome treat!! I go on vacation and come back to find Master Sharoes has posted?

What a sweet way to start my work-week!

You want a drink?

Try Corellian Absynthe... very Sithly indeed!

Darth Indominus

9. Jedi_Sharoes

Nov 9, 2004
    JEDI TALES: THE ORIGIN OF PALPATINE
    PART II: DARK KNOWLEDGE

CHAPTER TEN

Kar Brehan turned around slowly and raised himself to standing height. It was hard to see much by the light of the red sabre?s blade, but he could see a tall, slender figure, cloaked in black, with no ornamentation beyond a silver clasp at the neck of the stranger?s cloak. In response, he lit his own blade, silver-blue light illuminating the chamber even further, which showed more detail. In turn, the Force was shouting out a warning against the dark stranger, showing him a darkness beyond any living being he had ever encountered before. Any living being ? Kar Brehan had encountered this sense of deep swirling blackness before, but only when dealing with the ancient artifacts of the Sith.

For what seemed like an age, the two men faced each other, sensing the nature of each other through the Force. Finally, Kar Behan spoke. ?Who are you, dark stranger??

?Surely the appropriate question would be to ask what I am, Master Jedi?? came the mocking voice of Darth Plageuis.

?No, the Force has shown me your nature, though probably how would be more to the point. You are the missing piece of the puzzle, stranger.? Kar could sense his words had been unwelcome to the dark stranger. That the stranger was somehow connected to the almost now-mythical Sith was certain, and that he was very powerful beyond doubt. But as for who and how, the Force told him nothing.

?I am forgetting my manners,? said Plageuis. ?I am Darth Plageuis, the Dark Lord of the Sith and once again, I am here to stop a Jedi stealing something that is not rightfully theirs.? Plageuis? voice rose in anger towards the end of his statement. ?You must be Jedi Master Kar Brehan, I assume??

Slowly, Kar nodded as the Dark Lord took a couple of steps into the chamber, finally showing all of himself. Plageuis raised one arm to lower his hood, and showed his face. Kar?s eyes widened a little as he saw the cold, pallid Muun face, the ravages of extended use of the dark side of the Force showing through the Muun?s ageing, wrinkling skin, and the darkness underneath his eyes.

?I have been looking forward to meeting you, Master Jedi. It has been entertaining, sparring with you all these years? said Plageuis.

A slow, dreadful realization crept through Kar Brehan. ?Of course,? he said. ?The ubiquitous anonymous bidder, always competing with me for the remnants of the past.?

?You never wondered?? queried Plageuis, mockingly.

?Your Order is believed extinct, a shadow long gone from the face of the galaxy? said Brehan. ?Obviously, we were wrong.?

?The Sith can never be destroyed, Master Jedi. And soon, it will be our time to rise again? exclaimed Plageuis proudly. ?And now, you seek something that must be ours, and I cannot allow you to win this time.?

?You can never win, Lord Plageuis? said Brehan, calmly. His danger sense rose higher, and he knew that the Dark Lord would soon attack. Slowly, he brought his lightsabre into guard position, preparing himself for Plageuis? assault.

?We shall see!? shouted Plageuis, a madness leaping into his red-glowing eyes. Quick as the eye could see he raised his free hand and unleashed a flood of force-lightening at Kar Brehan.

His eyes winced at the brightness of the lightening in the dark chamber, Brehan quickly brought his lightsabre to bear, catching and blocking the lightening on his blade, wincing as one or two sparks got past his block, burning his arms and shoulders. Almost before the force-lightening assault had ended, Plageuis was upon him, his blood-red blade pushing the attack.

The dead, dusty chamber now came alive with the blur of blades, red and silver-blue whirling in attacks, parries and clashes, the whirrs and crashes ringing, reflected from the walls, creating a cacophony of sound, to which the combatants were oblivious, both focused entirely on each other. The two masters of the art of the lightsabre circled around the chamber, each defending, attacking, blades th

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    =D= Yes! Very well done indeed!

?Surely the appropriate question would be to ask WHAT I am, Master Jedi?? came the mocking voice of Darth Plageuis.

[face_skull]

Excellent post. Keep them coming!

11. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Jedi Sharoes:

In one word: FANTASTIC!!! I am thrilled you are back! :D

Lord Darth Deceptious

12. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    Thank you in all seriousness Jedi_Sharoes. your story has been truly entertaining and i am i must admint completely hooked. do not doubt your stroy telling ability. you have treated this material like only a profesional wirter could. i do hope this brings a smile to your face as you have brought an imense amount of enjoyment to me.

keep it up

a fan

P

13. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow good to see that you are posting again. The two posts were awsome. keep'em coming.

14. RevanQuelDroma

RevanQuelDroma Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2006
    UR BACK!!!
    Really liked the posts !
    Guess we wont have to wait till 2010 then eh? (heh heh)
    thnx

15. centerpoint1

centerpoint1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    good to see you back delivering the goods and theres me thinking we might not hear from you again. glad to be proved wrong 2010 what was i thinking[face_hypnotized]

16. restie

restie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2004
    OMG!!!!!!! After several months away from here, I'm sooooo glad that I logged in today. <insert happy dance here>

I never deleted your bookmark, Sharoes. ;)

17. Jedi_Sharoes

Nov 9, 2004
    Hahahah! Glad you all liked the new chapters. I'm sorry I've not posted for a week or two. Every time I get on a roll, real life distracts me.

OK, up next is Palps v Gondan Vez. I wish I could give him a more expanded role in the story but there might be some good 'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' style action in that character if anyone wants to take it on?

No promises for when I'll post the next chapter. It's a holiday weekend this weekend in the UK and I'm fairly busy. I'll say hopefully next week if all is ok.

'Til then ...

18. JimmySizzleChest

Mar 27, 2004
    enjoy the holiday. let those creative thoughts bubble and percolate. I await all the chapters eagerly.

Thanks for the adventure and fun

19. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    holy crap am i dreaming? i've not read it yet but JESUS he posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    okay, i just read both and am so psyched. during your absence you've only improved. i am very sad to learn of Vez's demise =[, but who better to fall to than Darth Sidious?

Suggestion (I said it before as well) you should make the title "Jedi Tales: The Origin of Palpatine UPDATED xx/xx" or like "IANS BACK!"

Along w/ the above, I am pleased not to have to wait for 2010! Also, w/ Restie, I never removed your bookmark, always have faith!

Last, its great that the few dedicated ppl havent given up, always checking back.

Awaiting next post eagerly!

21. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    A little birdie told me you were back Sharoes. [face_shhh]

Great to read your new chapters, thanks. :)

22. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Its good to see you back again J_S great sequence, keep up the good work.

MASTER-OF-EVIL

23. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Any idea when we will get another post?

24. JimmySizzleChest

Mar 27, 2004
    drool coats my lips as i beg you master. Post , post post haaaaaaaaaahhhhhh post .

:)

P

25. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    No no, not again...only so much abuse one can take...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.