main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jedi Tales: The Origin of Palpatine UPDATED Ch12 Pt1 27/11/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Sharoes, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soup_Lord

Soup_Lord Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2004
    Awesome Sharoes! This gets better and better...

2. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Good update! I like that Palpatine is just a kid playing with the force...ah! The good times ;).Good job! Continue!

3. ArgenPalos

ArgenPalos Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2004
    Great post Sharoes - i'll definitely keep my eye open for your posts!

Liked the use of the Amidala family, almost too coincidental or will the reason come later?

4. Longhairedwizard

Longhairedwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Awesome story so far...everything fits perfectly.

One thing though, I've heard some evidence of emperor palapatines full name being Cos Palpatine.

Cant wait for the next installment...happy holiday to you!!!

Bill Bzak

5. JediAJ

JediAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 23, 2004

Excellent beginnings to what could be an excellent novel, I see how you have adapted JW's style of writing and adjusted to help write your own...excellent stuff.

Looking forward to future chapters my fellow Jedi.

JediAJ

:cool:

6. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Your Words have spread LadyZaraMarta on this fantastic Story about Palpatine's origins and thanks Jedi_Sharoes for this very interesting story on a very mysterious character such as Palpatine. kudo's Jedi_Sharoes keep it up and i will spread the word aswell to this very gripping story.

7. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey great stuff Jedi_Sharoes

Keep it up.

Now I have to go out and buy another SW Fan Notebook (one is already used up by Titus' novel) so I can store it.

Nice job.
    Jedi_Hunter_505 out!

8. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Hoping for another chapter soon!

9. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Great update! :)

Liked the use of the Amidala family, almost too coincidental or will the reason come later?

I liked this too, and and I also anxiously await to see the tie in!

And keep reaching for that million! (LOL)

10. Jedi_Hunter_505

Sep 1, 2004
    Any news on the next chapter?

11. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    Jedi Sharoes, please when will you post again? Fantastic story!!!

12. Jedi_Sharoes

Jedi_Sharoes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Apologies everyone - been ill this past week. I'm writing this as I go along and not in advance. So it's contemporaneous (long word of the week #3).

The next chapter will be posted this week! Thanks for being patient.

13. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    no probs hope u get well and thanks for a very interesting story on palps and can't wait for the next update.

14. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    Get well, Sharoes! Looking forward to your next chapter!

15. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
    Get well, Jedi_Sharoes! Can't wait to see the update! Thanks!

16. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Great story Sharoes!!!
    Lookin forward to the next post! Do you know when it will be yet?

Get well!!!

17. Jedi_Sharoes

Jedi_Sharoes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    CHAPTER SEVEN

Night time on Coruscant and the young Jedi Knight Tholme stood before the Jedi Council, all eyes upon him.

?Found Roshna Palpat, have you not, Jedi Tholme?? asked Master Yoda, ?Hmmmm?. Yoda closed his eyes and slipped into meditation, consulting the Force for guidance. ?Continue with your report, Tholme? requested Master Retarki, ?We need all the information you can give us?.

?Very well, my Masters?. Tholme had followed Roshna Palpat?s trail for four long years ? it was his first mission as a fully-fledged Jedi and now he felt he had finally done it well. It had not been easy as skilled Jedi Knights learn how to hide themselves well when the occasion called for it. He had gone first to Alderaan, maybe too obvious a place, but he had had to start somewhere. He had fruitlessly scoured the galaxy for her, but had been fortunate enough one day to be in the company of one of his Senate contacts when Adnan Amidala, one of the aides to the Naboo Senator, drunk at the time, had told them of a refugee who lived on their estate, whom the native Gungans rumoured to be a witch ? He had not known her name. It had not taken Tholme long to get permission to enter Naboo, along with a Jedi diplomatic mission to the capital, to track her ?

He spoke, ?As you know, my Masters, I went with the diplomatic mission to Naboo. I did go to the Amidala estate and was told where this woman was reputed to live. Mindful of your orders, Master Retarki, I did not seek to confront Roshna Palpat. However, I could not claim to have direct visual confirmation. Skilled as I am in concealing myself within the Force, I did not want to arouse any suspicions of my presence.?

?Were you able to obtain any descriptions of this woman?? queried Master Brehan.

?One or two from the native Gungans, but they described a woman of similar height and stature, but if indeed it is Roshna Palpat, then she has changed her appearance ? they described a woman with black hair and dark clothing that covered her entire body?.
    ?A change in appearance would be natural, but to the dark colours ??. An apprehensive look crossed Master Retarki?s face, to be replaced with one of determination.

Yoda slowly opened his eyes and spoke, ?Hunt down Roshna Palpat we must. Turned to the dark side she has, confront her we must?.

?My Masters, I am not sure that this woman is really Roshna Palpat. The workers on the Amidala estate and the native Gungans gave me one more piece of information, but ??. Doubt showed itself clearly across Tholme?s face.
    ?What is your concern, Tholme? queried Master Brehan.
    ?They say this woman had a child. A young child, about four standard years of age. This could not be Roshna Palpat, surely??. The young Jedi looked around the Council, clearly questioning, worried for their hopes of finding Roshna.

?Then it is her?, sighed Vilier Retarki wearily. ?We did not want to inform the rest of the Order of the reason for Roshna?s departure. She was with child when she left the Temple. That is why she left?. Vilier bowed his head and the other Council members nodded theirs in agreement with his sadness.

Questions exploded through Tholme?s mind at this statement. Roshna! Carrying a child! It was almost beyond belief. She had been one of his lightsaber tutors and the thought of her disobeying the Code was unbelievable.

?Understand we do, the thoughts that cross your mind, Tholme?, said Yoda, ?Considered them well we have. Regret not telling you the full facts we do, but it was necessary, to protect Roshna as much as the Jedi. Now, remains it does to confront Roshna Palpat. Guide our team to confront Roshna, you will Tholme?.

?Thank you Master Yoda. I will do my best. May I ask who will be among the team I will be guiding??.

Master Retarki answered for Master Yoda, ?I myself will go to confront Roshna Palpat. I should hope though, that she has not fallen completely to the dark and may be returned to the light?.

?Yes,? intoned Yoda, ?to the light she must be returned. If she will

18. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Wonderful post, Sharoes!

Now I think I'm beginning to see why Dooku turned dark...

19. Jedi_Hunter_505

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey great post Sharoes!

Nicely discriped!

Keep it up

P.S. hope you are well.

20. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Yes!! Dooku enters the picture! I can see the birth
    of the Darkness that will fall upon the Republic.

(Enter the Darth Vader/Empire music theme here: "Da Da Da DA da DA da DA daaaaa!")

21. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    Fantastic post!
    Looking for more...more...more...
    Thanks!

Hope you are feeling better!

22. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
    Great update! I like the idea of Dookue being a Jedi in this! He will go and meet Palps, right? Thanks!

dartho'night

23. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Jedi_Sharoes:

From one Jedi to another - Good job! Keep up the great work as I really enjoy it... :)

24. Jedi_Hunter_505

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey man keep up the great work! :D
    I know writing a novel isn't easy, I'm in the process of writing one now. I will probably never get it to sound as good as yours or as long but I'm trying.

25. Jedi-Knight-Zero

Jedi-Knight-Zero Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    Awesome story, keep up the good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.