main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jedi Tales: The Origin of Palpatine UPDATED Ch12 Pt1 27/11/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Sharoes, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenb23

stevenb23 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    HE LIVES!!!!

One question though:

IT TOOK YOU A MONTH AND A HALF TO WRITE THAT???

2. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Aw, poor Belo...although...he does become the most evil of evils. Thanks for the chapter, Sharoes!

Don't be concerned about the time inbetween posts. Quality counts, not quantity. What is the rush anyways? Lets not be so quick to critisize until we ourselves begin to write a story and balance it with our personal lives.

A Jedi must learn patience and understanding. :)

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Very nice. What an efficient introduction to his Master !
    I can't wait to see how his mother fares against the Jedi. I hope that she wipes out the Jedi only to be laid to rest by the Dark Lord. That would serve well to teach the youngling his next lesson
    : anger!

Keep up the good work.

4. Rogue 23

Rogue 23 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 15, 1998
    I was actually on the edge of my seat to see the little kid get zapped with lightning. And then he gets the Vader choke hold.

Good update Jedi Sharoes.

NOW DONT TAKE SO DAMN LONG NEXT TIME

5. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Great update Sharoes! Thank you so much!!! (If at all possible, I'm sure we'd all appreciate less time between posts :) )

6. restie

restie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2004
    This is wonderful, Jedi_Sharoes. I especially like how you are presenting the child. He?s rapidly becoming a victim of circumstance. Yet, there?s no denying that he?s still just a little kid and things are starting to spin out of control.

I look forward to future posts. Many thanks for this one!

7. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    JS:
    Thanks - that was great! :)

8. VEJJITA

VEJJITA Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    Excellent update Jedi Sharoes.
    cool the way as mentioned earlier you get a side where palpatine perhaps wasn't borne evil.
    keep it coming at any degree of frequency.

9. Darth-Mithrandir

Darth-Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah, I just love to see Palpatine get hurt, lol. So Darth Plagueis is a young guy. I thought he'd be like the Emperor looked in ROTJ. Oh well, nice post Jedi Sharoes.

10. Darthwalker

Darthwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    I agree with Mithrandir, I also thought that he would be an old guy, but it is quite logical. If he can cheat death, then he would choose to have a young healthy body... It will be interesting how Palpatine will best him... :)

11. MASTER_JEDI_AS_REK

MASTER_JEDI_AS_REK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Indeed, an excellent chp, my good man. I am eagerly awaiting your next installment.

12. Jedi_Sharoes

Jedi_Sharoes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    hey folks,

i'm going to try and post the conclusion to part I this weekend.

the next stage of the story will deal with sidious' training and missions. i'm currently reading up on the sith to flesh out this part of the story. there's not a lot that's coherent about the sith, and very little of the period between darth bane and darth sidious.

just thought i'd let you know what was happening ...

13. BlackSun45

BlackSun45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Thanks for the update Sharoes.

14. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    OH, WOW!! Welcome back, Jedi Sharoes!
    Missed you!
    Great into to Darth P...I thought he would be an older man...

Now...you must give us another chapter!

Bravo! Well done!

Thanks!

15. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Ahh good to see your back Jedi_Sharoes i was beginning to wonder but its good that your on track with the story.
    How are ya LZM and can't wait for next chapter Jedi_Sharoes.

MASTER-OF-EVIL!!!

16. Darth-Mithrandir

Nov 15, 2004
    Thanks for the update Jedi Sharoes

17. Jedi_Sharoes

Nov 9, 2004
    hey folks,

sorry there was no chapter this weekend.

the next chapter is the full on clash between Roshna and the three standing Jedi and I'm finding it really difficult to write it for some reason. I've never written a sword fight before and I'm also struggling to get the right tone.

For those interested in matters of writing technique, the way I work is to get pretty much everything sorted in my head first and then commit it to paper (or hard drive). This works for the action, the dialogue, even imaging what emotions the characters are feeling and what they could be seeing. Once I'm happy with it, then I sit down at my Mac and write it all out on paper. Some things get changed of course, and sometimes words on a screen can't live up to what's inside the brain.

I've nearly got this chapter sorted in my brain and I've been thinking about it since before Xmas, before the Jedi even knew where Roshna was, so to speak.

Of course, after this chapter, I've got to think of 60 years worth of stuff for Palps to do between this chapter and The Phantom Menace ... I foresee some history lessons being included in the curriculum ...

;)
    Sharoes

18. Rogue 23

Rogue 23 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 15, 1998
    Now that is how to keep your audience up to date.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

NOW HURRY UP (said with a smile)

19. BlackSun45

BlackSun45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Indeed, Excellent update. Thank you Sharoes

20. Jedi_Sharoes

Nov 9, 2004
    I haven't finished writing out this confrontation, but thought you'd all appreciate knowing how the battle is progressing so far. Poor Jedi ...

CHAPTER TEN

Vilier Retarki parried an overhead cut from Roshna?s Sith blade. The force of her blow was incredible. The moment after she had struck, she had whirled round to face the young Dooku, placing a kick squarely on his solar plexus, sending him flying backwards. Vilier rushed in to rejoin the battle, but she was there, waiting, her blade meeting his with a loud, metallic screech as they clashed cross-ways between the two combatants. He roared an order to Ralkien who, like Dooku, had been pushed back by Roshna. ?Go to the house and find the child, Ralkien. We must save him!?.

Kip Ralkien gave a quick, curt nod and headed towards Roshna?s house, covering the flat, grassy ground quickly. Roshna gasped out a tormented ?No!?, but before she could react, Retarki drew her attention with a quick succession of thrusts and strikes, which required all her focus to block. The older Jedi had certainly earned his title of Master, and had been one of Roshna?s instructors at the Temple. He moved with fluidity and grace. Roshna knew he did not need his eyes to judge a fight or execute a move. Vilier was well known for being able to sink himself deep into the Force during combat, giving himself over to it completely. For her to have any chance of defeating him, she knew she would have to disrupt that calm focus of his.

Dooku gave out a groan and started to raise himself off the ground. To his left, Roshna Palpat and Vilier Retarki were engrossed in their duel and to his right he could see Kip Ralkien rushing towards the house at the far side of the open grassland. Without knowing quite why, almost oblivious to the struggle to his left, his eyes followed Ralkien?s speedy progress towards the house. Ralkien had been moving swiftly and fluently towards the dwelling when not 10 meters before he reached the door he stopped, suddenly, as though he had just run into an invisible wall. As if in slow motion, Dooku saw the Jedi slowly fall backwards when he stopped in mid-air. A sickening, wet, snapping sound rang through his ears and he saw the Jedi?s body crumple, broken bones obvious even from this distance. Ralkien hung there for a second, his back mercifully towards Dooku, when his head instantly snapped to the left, a branch breaking. Dooku stared, horrified. Ralkien?s now lifeless body fell to the ground with a thud. Never before had Dooku seen any display of the Force to match this brutality, this cold, almost casual dispatching of life. He turned towards Retarki and Palpat, stunned, eyes wide with shock. She had done this while engaged in combat with Master Retarki!

Belo Palpatine walked carefully into the rear of the house, Darth Plageuis following close behind him. Slowly, they made their way to the front of the house, through the kitchen and into the living room where just an hour before, his mother had been receiving training from Rahap?tor. It felt like hours ago to the young boy. Before he could move to the window to get a clear view of the battle in the open ground before the house, Darth Plageuis placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

?Wait here in the shadows, young one?. His voice was firm and brooked no argument from the child. ?I can hide our presence in the Force from these Jedi, even make ourselves invisible to their eyes, but sound is another matter. I do not wish to reveal myself to these Jedi unless it is necessary. And I have your protection to think of, don?t I young one??

Belo nodded, but quietly he placed himself on a nearby stool to get a clearer view of the scene outside. One of the Jedi lay slumped against their damaged ship, dead or unconscious he did not know. But his eyes were drawn compulsively to his mother. He had never seen her fight, though he had often seen her practice with Rahap?tor?s sword. She had been very impressive to him when practicing, but that had been nothing to

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Very well written!

"Indeed you are powerful."

"I foresee this tale becoming greater than anticipated!"

Keep it up!

22. Darth-Mithrandir

Nov 15, 2004
    Great! I could almost hear the crunching of the bones... delicious, lol.

23. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    As a good friend once said, "Awesum Possum!" Keep up the good work, Sharoes!

24. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Fantastic...and you said you don't think you can fight duels....touche'...I believe you can sir!

Please...more....

25. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    that was truly impresive. i am greatly enjoying this tale. i once fancied the idea of writing such a tale but i dont have the backround info or writing skill and flair needed to pull it off. your skill is impressive and entertaining you should be proud. thanks for the entertainment. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.