main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Talmud

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ello, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ello

Ello Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Hi all. I'm Ello. This is the first topic I've ever started. This first post will have the background and suggestions of posting. My research and lore will follow.

Background:
    I first came up with the idea for this while reading a FAQ on some SW site somewhere. The question was "Where can I find a 'Force Bible'?" The answer, of course, is nowhere. But I thought it was a good question, albiet one Lucasfilm will address in about 2256. So I thought, why don't I do this? (I'm part of the "fan emporwerment radical wing) However, the idea of creating lore, which had always been the personal perogative of individual authors, didn't make sense to me.
    And besides, it wasn't needed. There are reams, of lore floating around. What is needed is explanation and commentary. We all know "do or do not, there is no try", but what does that mean? Each Jedi has a different idea, and in many ways all of those different ideas are more important than havig a book of these sayings.
    (I'll finish this post up later)

2. Ello

Ello Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    (1st post cont.)
    So I decided, instead of a Jedi bible, to create a Jedi Talmud (To see a description of the real Jewish Talmud, check the Wikipedia article). I realized that what I could do was take a line of lore and then have the analysis of it by several masters. I found the various philosophies present in the Jedi order, and tried to discover how I could understand each master well enough to know what they would say.
    At first I wanted to do this on my own, but as I did the preliminary research and began to track the various philosophies of Jedi, I realized what a massive undertaking this was. So I decided to reincarnate it here as a group project.

Steps:
    1. The first step is preliminary research. The project needs a comprehensive list of all Jedi, Dark Jedi, Sith, and other Force Users. I'll post my chart of Jedi philosophy, and we can develop that as well as locate each Jedi in the chart.
    2. The fun step. Once the list of jedi and philosophy map are sufficiently complete, we can move on to developing the actual material. I (and anyone who wants to) will post lines of lore, to which anyone else can reply, either in the persona of a specific jedi (please clearly indicate if this is the case) or as themselves. Once a line is sufficiently hashed, we can move on to another.
    3. Collection. Once we run out of lore, I will compile the responses, ccome up with Jedi for each, and post, either on here or on another web page, a complete version.

3. Ello

Ello Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Bump. If nobody replies this time either, i will let it die.

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I'd be interested in reading this, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to dedicate to researching Jedi lore.

5. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    http://www.freewebs.com/zandoransgalacticlibrary/index.htm

Perhaps there is soemthing there that may help you in your quest. Some of it about me being Grey though is inaccurate now and I need to change it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.