main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jedi Temple Flashback Sequence

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Silent Android, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Forgive me if this was asked two years ago when TFA came out, but how long before the current TLJ time period (which is roughly the same period as TFA anyway) did Luke's Jedi Training Temple destruction scene occur? Was this addressed in the novelization? I guess the answer would roughly correlate to how long Luke was exiled on Ach-To.

And another question, of a more Behind-The-Scenes nature: Parts of the Jedi Training Temple sequences are repeats of scenes we saw in Rey's vision sequence in TFA (namely, Luke's hand over R2D2). Does anyone know if that whole scene was all filmed during the TFA shoots (meaning JJ Abrams technically directed that sequence, correct?) with previously-unseen footage used for TLJ, or whether new scenes were filmed specifically for TLJ? I wonder if Episode IX will revisit the scene yet again.

2. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    This is the crux of the problem. Not only do we not know. The writers don't either.

I think it would make a great flashback scene that should have been interspersed into TFA and TLJ. Also Snoke etc. Fall of Empire, corrupt Republic. Once again a Jedi Betrayal and Temple burning.

Not to mention Vader's link with Ren.

I think the Jedi scene takes place about 20 years prior to TFA? I almost wish Luke didn't have a beard in that scene to give it more clarity.

3. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Kylo Ren didn’t look that much younger so I’d say it was 10 years at the most. If it was 20 wouldn’t he have been like 10 years old?

Silent Android, Sarge and Avnar like this.
  4. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I was of the opinion it was about 6 years before TFA. Ben Solo didn’t look much younger in the flashback as he does in TFA.

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It had to have been at most six years. Bloodlines takes place six years before TFA, and Leia believes Luke and Ben are training. So Luke has been on Ach-to maybe a couple of years. Not that long.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think it was very recent. As in three or four years prior. As has been said, Bloodlines is set six years prior to TFA. The secret of Leia and Luke's true paternity gets revealed to the galaxy at large in Bloodlines. Clearly this is also when Ben would have found out. I think it’s this knowledge that causes the great darkness within him that Luke sensed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Sarge likes this.