main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Temple JUST POSTJedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    So, I assume it's still standing (I think you can see it in the DVD edition of Jedi) but can anyone tell me what became of it During the rein of the Emporer?

(And don't go into leangthy deabarty about the 'vong' or what not - I would rather remain blissfully ignorant of that [face_monkey] )

Ta...

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I think the Emporer had it destroyed or something. Or just let it get built over.

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    You can't really explain what happened to it without mentioning the 'Vong.' But apparently it was built over and sealed up during the Empire's reign. It was not destroyed.

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    It couldn't have been built over during the Emperor's reign or you wouldn't see it still standing tall, very much intact at the end of RotJ. As to what it was used for, if anything, during the times of the Empire, who knows. *shrug*

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that at some point it was part of the Imperial Palace complex? Stands to reason a Sith would take pleasure in desecrating and dominating a space that the Jedi had cherished...

6. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I think the Sith take it as part of Empire's places why not. A lot of Sith are exJedi so I gess they would use it I mean why not they would know there why around anyway.

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Y'inz want the serious answer or the funny answer? I'll give 'em both to ya.

Serious: Ol' Palpy prolly made it into an Imp-propaganda museum.

Funny: The biggest public 'fresher in the charted Galaxy.

8. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    I think that Palpatine just let it alone for the rodents and age to destroy it. He would keep it to show his victory over the Jedi.

Or he could have turned it into a Sith training place where Vader, Mara Jade, and the other ands and Dark Siders trained unde Palpatine's tutalage.

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I didn't think of either of those.

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Make it up. I used it as a prison.

11. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    I agree with DarthIshtar because it was never stated anywhere, at least to my knowlage (parden me if i'm wrong), what it was used for, and i think the writer should make it be whatever he wants it to be.

12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in the mid-NJO that it was demolished and built over.

Probably doesn't matter, though. :p

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I rememebr that. In the NJO - I think it was the Allston books - the team on Coruscant actually passes by the ruins of the Temple. Something about the Temple having been built on a huge Force wellspring. Then later on, Jacen and Vergere are wandering through the ruins of the lower levels of the Temple.

So it was destroyed. Which makes no sense, because you see it on the ROTJ DVD. But only in the Special Special Edition, and not the originals! :p

I guess there are a few ways to work with the details:

1) Palpatine used the Temple as the Imperial Palace, or part of it. But once Coruscant was recaptured, and the Palace used as NR headquarters, wouldn't a Rebel who had been around since the beginning of the Empire, like Mon Mothma, go, "Hey, this place looks familiar..."?

2) Palpatine used it as his personal playground. Whenever he was in the mood, he'd go an desecrate the Jedi sanctuary, deface some statues, burn something. Maybe even do some wild Sith rituals.

3) Palpatine kept it intact as a political move. The Senate still had some power during the Imperial reign, as evidenced by Leia's "The Imperial Senate will not stand for this." And that other Imperial officer who said to Vader, "Holding her is dangerous." There might have been powerful systems that were still loyal to the Emperor, or at least gave full support, but had been known Jedi allies in the Old Republic. Maybe Palpatine used it as a museum: "Come see the home of those treacherous wizards!"

The Temple, for whatever reasons, could've stayed intact until the end of ROTJ, and then have somehow been destroyed. Maybe the NR folk didn't know what they were destroying to make way for brand new condos? :p

I tend to think that since Palpatine obviously didn't have the Temple destroyed during his reign, he somehow mangled it but didn't actually use it for anything. This is the guy who would rather kill all Jedi than try to twist them into serving as a Sith army. And I think somewhere it was said that Palpatine and Vader were always looking for apprentices - kind of cheating on each other. But Palpatine never took a Jedi and twisted him, always started with fresh blood. So maybe he would want absolutely nothing to do with the place the Jedi once lived in, other than to graffiti the walls?

14. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    The Jedi Temple (or what could be assumed as the Jedi Temple) was mentioned in several Post ROTJ books. The temple complex was integrated into the Imperial Palace and the Imperial Museum. Corran Horn found his grandfather's lightsaber in an abandoned portion of the Imperial Museum that had been a part of the Jedi Temple. The spires of the Jedi Temple were integrated into the Pyramid structure of the Imperial Palace, and extended into the Galactic Museum that was next to it. Then again, I could just be making all of this stuff up. :p I actually think I remember this from a few of the books, but I can't remember which ones. The part about Corran Horn was in the Krytos Trap by M. Stackpole.

15. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    He was actually in the Temple?! :eek: And here I thought he just stumbled into some random hidden museum. :p Must re-read that book!

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I figured it was the Temple or what was left of it.

17. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    I could be wrong about the whole Corran being at the Temple thing. But I remember somewhere reading about it being a part of the Temple. Then again, maybe it was just an over excited bunny talking to me in my sleep.

18. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    I think it was a closed off part of a museum. Krytos Trap was published in 1996, before Episode I and before we knew there was a Jedi Temple.

19. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    2) Palpatine used it as his personal playground. Whenever he was in the mood, he'd go an desecrate the Jedi sanctuary, deface some statues, burn something. Maybe even do some wild Sith rituals.

I really didn't need to read this. With how my mind works you really DON'T want to know the definition of wild that popped up.

And I demand recompense for the keyboard I just spritzed with the diet coke from the nose. *tries to look indignant and fails miserably*

20. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I really didn't need to read this. With how my mind works you really DON'T want to know the definition of wild that popped up.

Oh my! ;)

21. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Vampi, if it were Pepsi instead of Coke, I'd take responsibility. :p

I myself kind of like the museum idea. In one of those Art of Revenge books - the one where the concept artists did their own short stories - Ryan Church did a series of BEAUTIFUL one-page pieces that were all scenes of life. Things like "Alderaan Refugees," "Mygeeto Burning," and "Jedi Museum." The last one was really cool - suspended walkways, huge statues, itty bitty little people roaming around.

So that's why I thought maybe the Temple had been converted. But instead of a "good" conversion, it was a "bad" conversion, that is, more for hating the Jedi than a historical monument.

22. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I think he turned it into a disco, with "Order 66" in big flashing neon lights...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.