main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Jedi Temple to Imperial Palace OT Era

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Thomo93, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Ever wondered what happened to the Jedi Temple after the Clone Wars and what it looked like exactly? Here it is.

[​IMG]

2. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    It really is a thing of beauty. I always admire the Jedi temple and Imperial Academy building in both forms.

3. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm even more curious what kind of horrible things Palpatine did to the inside.

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I have no idea where I got this idea from but, wasn't it used as the Roylal Guards headquarters... ??

Darth Formidious likes this.
  5. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    I miss seeing that. I hope they include at least shots of the Jedi Temple in the new ST

VaderLover99 likes this.
  6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    He put up pictures on Rainbow Dash & Pinkie Pie all over the place.

Pretty horrible indeed.

7. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    He didn't really do anything "horrible". The corridors on the main floors were busier and less serene. Palpatine crafted a minimalist design and set up his own audience chamber as well as residential suite at one of the spires.

It would be reasonable to assume so. Palpatine resides at the Palace so it would be logical for the Royal Guard headquarters to be there, I doubt it would be expansive though; the Royal Guard were few in number.

8. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
  9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hopefully in time, we will get more snippets of information about the converted temple and what changes Palpatine made to it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
    Taken from Wookiepedia under the Canon section: Five years after the end of the war and the fall of the Jedi Order, the Galactic Empirehad refitted the Jedi Temple into the Imperial Palace, which served as the residence ofDarth Sidious, theDark Lord of the Sithand Emperor. All that remained of the original temple was its quincunx of skyscrapingspires, which crowned an amalgam of blockish edifices with sloping façades. Inside the Palace, the walls and plinths of the expansive corridors were left bare of statues and other art pieces.[1]
    The Emperor's receiving room was a dimly lit chamber with huge windows that opened out onto the Coruscant skyline.[14] The pinnacle room of the primary spire housed the Emperor's personal quarters, while its penultimate level contained the Palace's audience chamber. Only a few areas of the former Jedi headquarters underwent no transformation. One of those was the enormous holographic galactic map located mid-level in what had been the High Council spire. The palace precinct had a courtyard landing field that was large enough to accommodate Star Destroyers of the Victory and Venator classes. From that courtyard, the Palace's interior could be accessed through elaborate doors.[1]
    In the palace, there was also a vast hall that could be used as a ballroom. Ornately tiled and mirrored, it was lined with massive columns on either side. On at least one occasion, the hall was decorated with brilliant red banners hung from the ceiling, and crystalline sculptures that stood on pedestals and shifted shape from abstract forms into Imperial symbols.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I've read that. I was meaning new details.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk