main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi Temple - What did we see?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord_Onveh, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Lord_Onveh

Lord_Onveh Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2009
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace brought to our attention the existence of the Jedi Temple. It seemed pretty important being the home of the Jedi and all. The prequel trilogy may have been the Anakin, Clone Wars, Rise of the Empire, or some mix of the three's story, but the Jedi played a fundamental part.

Despite that, what did we see of the Temple? Let me list from the top of my head.

Episode 1
    - The Council Chambers
    - The Outside(?)

Episode 2
    - The Council Chambers
    - Room where Yoda trained younglings.
    - The Archives
    - Corridors where Mace and Obi-Wan talked with Yoda trailing behind them. (Might have been from Episode 3?)

Episode 3
    - The Council Chambers
    - Giant open spaces during the Clone invasion.
    - Giant open spaces where Obi-Wan and Yoda took down the clones.
    - Outside the temple where Senator Organa saw that one Jedi get gunned down.

Did I miss anything?

Discounting the Council Chambers, does all of this culminate to about 10 minutes of screen time? Was this enough? I always wanted to know more about the Jedi. Learning about them in their own little habitat. I know that there might not have been much of a need to do so, but I would have appreciated it.

Obviously the EU covered things. Probably covered everything. Still, if we only take into account the movies then I just feel kind of underwhelmed.

How do you guys feel? Or what would you have liked regarding the temple?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    In both AOTC and ROTS there's the meditation room, which is where Yoda give Anakin advice on interpreting his premonitions, and where Yoda senses the pain of Tusken massacre. In ROTS there was also the gunship hangar, security rooms, and 2 War chambers, along with the tall-windowed corridors where Obi-Wan give Anakin his spying mission.

There's also the deleted scene from AOTC of Obi-Wan visiting the Archive room (distinct from the library seen later on), to check out the Kamino sabredart with the droids.

3. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I loved seeing the Jedi Temple and would have loved to see more of it.

It felt like we were seeing the history of the Jedi. I wondered about the other Jedi who had been there before.

Would Yoda have sat on the council till the day he died? He might have but the question does spring to mind.

The archives room was huge to have gotten a peak at more Jedi history would have been great.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Far more than ten minutes, by my estimation, though a vast majority of it is in the Council chambers

In addition to what you listed for ROTS - that war conference room or whatever it is. Whatever hallways that led into. Was the way out to the big ships connected to the temple? Either way, we see a hangar when Anakin reports to Mace that Palpatine is the Sith (and we know THAT'S definitely the temple, cause in the ROTS video game, part of the Operation Knightfall level takes place there)
    If we get a little pedantic - a landing arm or two, including one with a slightly different design from a deleted scene in AOTC

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I think the landing arms are attached directly to the hangars.

Here's the inside of the hangar:
    [​IMG]

And here's the opposite view from the outside:
    [​IMG]

TCW also backs up that this in the Temple, as a bombing takes place there in Season 5.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I believe this is everything as far as the movies go:

TPM:
    - Exterior (top)
    - Council chambers (1 of 4) + outside balcony

AotC:
    - Temple halls
    - Analysis room (deleted scene)
    - Archives
    - Training chamber
    - Windu's chambers
    - Yoda's chambers

RotS:
    - Exterior (bottom)
    - Corridors
    - Holo room
    - Central Spire
    - Hangar (also in AotC deleted scene)

7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    What's the difference between Windu and Yoda's chambers? Is Yoda's chamber the empty council chamber with only Yoda's seat?

There's also these corridors in ROTS:
    [​IMG]

And the communications room where the briefing that Anakin misses took place:
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Alexrd like this.
  8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yoda's chamber is the yellow room with the seat and bed. Windu's is the brown room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're right. Edited.

darkspine10 likes this.
  9. Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2017
    We also see the younglings classroom and the hall leading to it in the Attack of the Clones. Sorry I don't know how to attach pictures (I guess as a "Jedi" attachments are forbidden!) Bad joke sorry......

whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I mentioned those. Called training room to the younglings classroom.

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I love that we saw the yellow saber guards (from EU) in Temple during TCW

whostheBossk likes this.