main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi to be, Jedi within

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Roara, Sep 7, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Roara

Jedi_Roara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 1999
    Stix looked out the door of the temple early that morning. He caught the last flicker of Thunders tail disappearing into the foliage. Several woolamanders screeched and ran from the dragons feet.

Stix wandered into the forest after Thunder wondering where the dragon could be going. As he followed he saw that Roara was leading the trek. Several times Thunder turned as if sensing Stix but Stix stayed out of sight, curious if he could fool Roara.

He noticed that strapped to her pack was the ancient book that had become her guide to life. She was heading in the direction of Exar Kuns temple. She stood at the waters edge and looked at the statue. She muttered something and continued walking.

After four hours of hiking through the leafy trails Stix wanted to say uncle and walk with her. Suddenly she stopped and Thunder curled up along the edge of the tree line. Stix saw that it was a clearing with a spring that ended in a water fall and a good sized pool. He marveled at the beauty of the small get away.

"You can come out now." Roara said sitting down and opening the book.

Stix stepped into the clearing not caring that his trick hadn?t worked. "What was it that tipped you off?" his question was absent minded.

"You?re wonder at this place I?ve found. You were very surprised that it existed."

"Indeed." He said looking around. He stopped gawk long enough to pat Thunder on the nose and greet him. "So what brings you to this lovely paradise?" His curiosity was piqued. Roara had always been a private person but the top of the temple had, until now, given her plenty of solitude. Or so he had thought.

She opened the book carefully and flipped the pages until she found what she was looking for.

"Here." She said showing him the pages. Stix sat down near her. He saw only what seemed to be a story. His Dathmirian had never been very good.

"What is it? a story?" Stix asked looking at her face and scooting closer.

"Close, It appears to be both a legend and a prophecy. It appears to be an ancient prophecy about? well here let me read it too you."

"In the days after the great war between the witches there came a warrior so strong in the magic that she was feared even by her own clan. She was exiled into the Careinaka forest. There she gave birth to a daughter. She lived raised the child in the ways of magic but the child was weak and did not have the power of her mother. The child grew to hate the life she had been forced to and blamed the warrior for having too much power."

"Soon the young girl discovered a cave near the edge of the wood. Within the cave she learned how to work evil. Soon she grew to equal her mother in power. Even the villagers knew about her power for they felt her growing in strength."

"Soon the day of reckoning came when the evil clan sought out the powerful new sister. The others of the wise ways fought to stop the evil from spreading but they knew there was only one way."

"They sent four brave of their best to find the great warrior and convince her to fight her own daughter. When they arrived they witnessed a great battle taking place. The mother and the Daughter were fighting with unknown weapons."

"The daughter struck out with a spell that she could not control and it turned on her and killed her."

"The warrior was then asked to come back to the clan. She agreed but as she had been the mother of the evil woman she took her time to mourn. As a token of remembrance she placed a perfectly cut jewel the color of the last rays of day."

"She passed down all her knowledge to the women and became the wise woman of the village until her death. On her death bed she gave a prophecy that In the days to come many changes would occur."

"A man will rise in power unknown to the people of this planet. He will hide in the sky beyond the stars in a silver bubble. He will plot to take control over our world and others. But he will wait here to find and kill The One."

"There will also be born, in relation to the royal line, a girl who?s magic will be hindered. She must be sent away to learn from the dead master

2. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    To the fans: please look at the "picture this" post and through in some feed back. You all have been real quiet lately.

3. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Jaxton felt the visitor enter his rooms but he didn?t turn around to see who it was. He had wanted to be alone a lot but that was no excuse for others to come barging in.

"I?d appreciate it if you would leave. I have a lot of work I need to accomplish and would really like to be alone."

There came no answer from the person in the door way. Jaxton felt annoyed. He turned expecting Stix, Kiara, Roara or another of his friends. He turned to find Master Luke leaning against the door frame.

Jaxton bowed in response. "Forgive me Master Luke. I was rude."

Luke came in and sat down on the edge of the bed. Jaxton stood straight but didn?t look up.

"Jaxton you are a bright student. One of my best in fact. You have overcome many obstacles in the time you have been with us. You have learned faster than any other pupil in your class. But lately you have been walling yourself off from the students and the masters. It wasn?t until Roara came that this began. I want to know why you are acting this way."

Jaxton took a deep breath. He wasn?t sure he wanted to be telling anyone this. His mind was twisted about the subject and he couldn?t see a clear explanation. Luke waited patiently as Jaxton tried once more, without success, to organize his thoughts.

"Luke I?m not sure what I?m feeling now so?"

"A Jedi should have the courage to face what he feels and the strength to change those feelings if necessary. You have been running from what you feel and have been hurting Roara in the process. A Jedi must be of one mind and have control over that one mind."

Jaxton felt the blush of shame raise his temperature. He had wanted to be the strong but the subject had confused him.

"Luke what am I to do? I have felt a connection to Roara since I was young. She and I have practically grown up together. But what once was a dream is now reality and she is dying. I don?t know how to handle this or even if I can handle this. She is important to me but she isn?t what I expected. I don?t really know her or at least I thin I don?t. I?m afraid to get to know her because if I do she may be gone and with her will die the fantasy."

Jaxton could tell that Luke was displeased.

"The truth shall set you free but others may not like it." He thought. He knew that what he had done was cowardly and wrong. She had been accepting of his standing off to the side and not interacting with her. But he had interacted with her, lulled her into thinking he would be true to her and then pulling the rug out from under her. No, he had not been honorable and he would pay the price for such ruthless behavior.

"Master Luke will see to that, I?m sure."

Luke stood. "Do you understand how grave an offense this is, Jaxton?" Jaxton nodded solemnly. "Do you understand that you will now have to make up for lost time or break with her?" Jaxton again nodded feeling the cowardice of his actions.

He knelt. "There is no excuse for my actions." He spoke the words from memory but they held new meaning. "I will do what is needed of me to set right what I have done."

Luke put a hand on Jaxton?s shoulder and Jaxton looked into his blue eyes. "Now take these words to heart because time may be short."

4. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Roara watched Stix pace about the grassy paradise stroking his chin in thought. She wanted to laugh at his sudden excitement.

"You are the first to know this. I think even Master Luke is unaware."

Stix stopped and looked at her. "Is this book really talking about you? Roara this could be the answer we have been looking for. it may hold the cure to your disease!"

Stix leapt from the ground again to pace once more. Roara looked at the old pages in the book. She had an idea of why the disease was so present in her system and so mild in Jaxton?s but it was just a hunch.

"We have to tell the others!" Stix said going to take her hand.

She squeezed his hand. "Stix!"

"What?" His eyes were bright and merry as he looked back at her.

"Stix this is just a hunch. We mustn?t jump to conclusions. Things have been tense enough. And besides it isn?t the Jedi?s way to give into flights of fancy before examining them thoroughly."

Stix nodded but was still glowing. "Roara I want to help you. If there is anything I can do I would be more than glad to assist. "He pulled her hand closer to his heart. "You are a tribute to the academy and one of my dearest friends. You have but to ask and Stix is your servant." He bowed his head and Roara couldn?t help but laugh.

She remembered when she had met Stix, he had seemed so serious. Now he was a trusted friend and confidant.

"First things first I need to make my Sword Saber and then we shall see what is to be done."

5. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Kiara stood in the great hall. She had been looking for Roara for nearly an hour. There was no sign of the warrior in the Hall either. Kiara felt worried. Roara had been able to teach her to control what she felt and for that she was grateful. No one had been able to teach her how to accomplish that feat and now she could do it without fail.

She had disliked Roara at first. She had been jealous of her because of Jaxton?s attention. She had never been able to be more than a friend to Jaxton though she had wanted more at one time. But the more she got to know Roara the more she realized that Roara was a rare and wonderful gem.

Kiara looked about the stone walls wishing she could ask them where Roara was. Their time together had been important to Kiara and Roara was never late for anything.

She took the turbo lift to the top floor and stood on the roof of the building hoping to catch sight of her from there. What she saw, though, was Jaxton.

She puckered her lips and tried to back into the lift quietly but it was too late.

"It?s all right Kiara. You aren?t? interrupting I was just waiting for Roara." His visage was sad and almost ashamed. Hardly what she expected from him. He had always been the one that could hold it together.

"Well, I was looking for her too. She?s late for our practice and I was worried. I thought she might be up here." Kiara felt as though she were seeing something not meant for her eyes. Jaxton was in visible pain and it grew deeper the longer she stood there.

"Jaxton, is there something on your mind?" She wanted so to brighten his mood.

"No." he said it with a deep sorrow in his voice. She knew it was time for her to leave.

"Well, you know where to find me if you need me." She said. She turned and entered the turbo lift. She was thankful to be going. Perhaps Master Luke would know where the much sought after Roara was.

6. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    I'm trying not to be quiet...... I've been to the Picture This Thread... and am sorry to say that I cannot draw... but I have a picture of what you want in my mind... *sigh* I'm a writer not an artist...

7. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Stix had gone back to the temple early to keep an appointment. Roara stayed to meditate and think on the Force. She had been doing this when she felt something pulling at her through the Force. Something tugged at her and she opened her eyes.

"Perhaps we should be going." Thunder said looking at the darkening sky through the trees.

"Perhaps you are right." Roara gathered her things and they began walking back.

On the way she stopped at the temple that had Exar Kun?s statue. She could hear something whispering in the wind that was suddenly breezing through the trees. A powerful tug through the Force made her shiver and she turned to follow Thunder. Instead she was nose to nose with the man in armor.

She pulled her head and chest back gasping, trying to make the rest of her body comply. She could only see a pair of dark brooding eyes shaded by the helm. She could feel the energy of the steel armor. It was living steel. She wanted to get away, she wanted to run but he was using the Force to hold her in place.

Roara?s expression was one of shock and surprise. Her brown eyes wide, her small mouth frozen in a gasp. She tried to use the Force to push against him and get away but his power was too strong.

His stare was cold. She felt his hand grip her arm tight. In her mind there was silence save for the want for him to let her go and the curiosity of what he could want with her.

"You are mine!" His voice was as smooth and cold as the armor he wore.

She blinked and there was the statue of Exar Kun. She was still standing looking at it and Thunder was just beginning to amble away.

Roara gasped and had to work at controlling her breathing. She had known that this was coming but the closer it came the less she wanted any part of it.

8. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Luke felt the disturbance. He opened his eyes and rose from where he had been meditating. He used the Force to sense if all the padawans were in the temple. He sensed all but one. Roara.

He could feel the anxiousness of the others and so he called all together in the great hall. The students and the masters were worried about the coming storm.

"We may have to move underground. The sensors indicate that it?s quite a tempest." Kam Solusar handed the readout to Luke as he delivered the news.

"The winds are already howling we may not have time to secure the temple before it hits." Kirana Ti nodded at the readings. "We are also aware that this storm is moving much too fast. It?s very unseasonable weather for this time."

Luke nodded and began giving instructions. The masters were to help the students move into the great hall. Kam Solusar was to keep tracking the storm until everyone was in the hall. From there they would move the group to the hangerbay which was designed to handle this kind of extreme weather." Luke almost hesitated to ask.

"I need a volunteer to look for Jaxton and one to come with me to look for Roara. They aren?t here."

Luke and Kiara went to look for Roara and Stix went after Jaxton. Kiara had told Stix the last place she saw Jax and Stix told Luke about Roara and that she should be heading back this second.

The search for Roara was intense. Luke told Kiara to search the usual places in the temple. Luke, however, braved the wild wind and the skittish animals to look for her outside. Luke had charged into the jungle calling her name. The trees waved about menacingly as the wind grew in strength. He had to pull his robe tight around him to keep it from catching on the branches.

Finally he abandoned the robe altogether. He Force jumped onto one of the thickest branches but could see no better from up there. He began to call for her using the Force. He could sense she was near but she was in trouble. Thunder was with her. There was a whistly howl that cut through the wind. Luke followed it knowing it would lead him to their location.

He walked through the dark path to a clearing. There was a crash and Roara fell through the leaves. She lay on the ground for a second and then forced herself up again.

"We need to get out of here!" she shouted to be heard.

"I agree!" yelled Luke. "Let?s get back to the temple! Everyone is waiting for us!"

Roara nodded and leaned on Thunder?s neck as Luke led the way back picking up his robe as he went.

9. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Jaxton had been standing there for only an hour but it had been an eternity to him. He had been waiting for Roara but it had turned into a time of self reflection. He truly did want to be with her but his fears had grown too strong for him to handle. He had become standoffish and cold to her warmth for him. She had gone on with her studies and become one of the best students in the temple. But he could feel her sorrow at his rejection.

He had not valued her as he should have and now he was about to lose her. She had been slowly resigning herself to the fact that he "did not love her". He had not yet discovered the truth about what he felt because of his fears. A cowardly thing for any man to do but so much the worse for a Jedi.

He stood with his face to the wind letting the currents blow away his tears. His shoulder length hair was loose and flailed in the air. He wore the black training clothes that he had pieced together. He had always thought himself an honorable Jedi in training who could handle anything thrown his way. Now he doubted himself, his reason, his life, the decisions he had been making.

He knew that he shared a mild touch of the disease that she carried as a part of her life. He had always seen himself as strong but her peril had humbled him. He began to question whether he would be a good friend to her. He remembered the dreams he had as a young man. He had been before the newly dubbed Jedi Masters. Luke was trying to rebuild the council of the Jedi, from what he had read and researched, and bring back the honor they had stood for. Jaxton had stood firm before them and they had agreed that according to the old ways he would have been far too old but that they saw a great future in him.

That night he had dreamt that a Jedi Master from ancient times had come to him out of the mists of time. Jaxton had knelt before the sage. The Master laid his hands upon Jaxton and was silent as he listened to the future.

"You have a disease that is rare and was unseen in the days of the old order. It is easily remedied but you must want it enough to give up your life for it. You will find one who is powerful and strong. She has been with you since the beginning. Your destinies lie together and as long as you are apart neither of you will be complete."

Jaxton had sat bolt upright sweating and wandering. He laughed at the memory. He had never held much stock in dreams but since he had become a Jedi they had held certain psychological aspects that he had paid attention to. Stix, though had become enthralled by the dream world and the realm and arena of the mind. He wanted to become a healer.

Jaxton now thought about Roara. Her hair and her face and her eyes? The kind voice that she always used with him like the night in the garden. He remembered the moment on their way here when he?d kissed her. She was so sensual and yet so innocent. It was a little intimidating but not beyond reason.

10. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Stix went out to greet Roara and Luke.

"Roara I think you should go talk to him! I sense he has a lot to say and I don?t think he would appreciate me coming to get him!" The wind was getting louder as whistled through the entrance to the hangerbay. "I?ll go with Luke to get the others! Why don?t you bring him to the hangerbay and we?ll lock everything up from there!"

Roara nodded. The two men rushed into the temple. Roara had a better way to get to the top.

She crouched down and with the Force launched herself at the stair stepped wall of the temple. It took less time than racing around in the insides of the pyramid trying to find the one turbo lift that had not been shut down.

She landed on each step with a cat?s grace and power. Her warriors braid swung about her shoulders in a loop so as not to get under foot. She reached the last step before the top and with a final push landed noiselessly near the turbo lift entrance.

Jaxton stood with his back to her. He was so tall, a full head taller than she. He was only a few years older than she, but now he looked older than his true age. Jaxton stood very seriously, he didn?t even notice when she had come but a few steps from his back.

Roara looked down at the stones beneath her feet and then back to the scene that spread before them. She wanted to help him, to comfort the wounds, to share in his life but it could only happen with his permission and it hadn?t been granted just yet.

From her pocket she took out a strip of leather. She knew that it was a risk that she was taking but it was one she was willing to take. She stepped closer and put both hands up near his face. Jaxton?s only reaction was to close his eyes. She swept the ash brown hair back from his face, tying them into the leather band.

"Talk to me." She whispered into his ear. "Tell me what it is that vexes your soul so much"

Jaxton lowered his head. She took him by the shoulders and stood tip toe her lips brushed softly against his ear.

"Jaxton we must go. The storm will be here soon and we must be with the others when it comes."

Jaxton raised his head but didn?t open his eyes. "I want to be with you." He whispered it so softly that she could barely hear him. He turned and took his hands in his, putting them to his chest so she felt his heart beat. He looked at her and leaned forward so their foreheads touched. "I want to be with you."

His dragon green eyes were sad and serious as if he were asking the impossible. She didn?t answer because she didn?t understand what he was feeling. She could feel within a stirring of what he felt. There was the connection, the link, The bond that had been stronger than the conflict. She touched the bond and felt the closeness, the raw power that was behind it. She knew that he might have been scared of it, she was too at first but why such torment?

"Jaxton?" she said quietly. The wind seemed to slow around them. The trees whipped wildly below but around them a pocket seemed to be forming where the cold and the rain and the wind were not permitted to trespass.

He gazed into her eyes. She could see his soul through the vibrant color. They were becoming a pale green portraying his indecision and the stress he felt.

"Then be with me." She said. "Allay your fears? stop asking the questions? and be with me." Her eyes had taken on a soft almost pleading look. They seemed to beg what she as a warrior would never dare. They begged for him to stop pulling away. to realize who and what she was not just as fellow Jedi and friend, but as all that she was.

Warrior, Woman, Child, Seductress, Lover, Jedi, Friend, Partner, Wife, and Mother. These and many other facets and crossovers to these roles abided within her at the same time. These were part of who Dathmirians were. She had been raised as one who could be all of these at once, when most women picked their favorite one and stuck with it.

She had known that Jaxton would have trouble understanding at first but the bond between them gave that understanding a boost.

Jaxton looked at the soul of a woman he had l

11. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    ooooooohhhhh very nice I like it a lot.

12. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Thank you for the feed back. I was beginning to think that maybe the story was starting to fall from grace. everyone has been so quiet lately. Thank you for the feed back

13. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Luke and Stix gathered the students into the Hanger and Jaxton and Roara followed swiftly after. The doors were shut and sealed and the daily lessons continued.

To pass the time the students spilt up into their old groups and began working through the exercises they had been taught in the beginning.

Roara had stashed her bag in the hanger when she had returned from meditating in the wilderness. She brought out the book and looked at the specs for the Sword Saber. She remembered the way the metal had felt when she had first gotten her sword. It had pulsed and hummed like in had a life of it?s own.

The masters were taking some of the students aside to show them how to have better control over their movements telling them that with time and practice they would perfect their own skill. Jaxton had stayed relatively close to her but was still sorrowful. She smiled at him gently but his expression was one of hopeful sadness. She had never seen such a troubled soul. She knew that part of it was her just being there. She also knew there was nothing she could do to help.

She pulled from the bag the ornate hilt of the sword and the carved leather sheath that hid the blade. She unsheathed it and everyone turned to look as the sound reverberated in their ears and bones.

"What is that?" Sati stepped out of the crowd curious. Stix stepped closer to explain but then others began asking about it.

"That?s no ordinary Sword." Said Shema. He was blue skinned, humanoid alien that had been living on Hoth for more years than he cared to remember. He also had a love for metallurgy, and a knack for picking out the rarest of metals.

Zanteth went to sit by Roara and look at the sword. He was no older than 14 years but he had the wisdom of the ages. The problem was he couldn?t speak so he had to use the Force to communicate through telepathy. He admired the sword very closely and asked if there was another like it.

"No not quite. There are a few Swords made of the same metal but no two are alike." Roara said.

Tara came up to look at it too. She was one of the prize students Luke had discovered her on Coruscant. An orphaned Geran, she was working as a singer in one of the lounges in the imperial palace. She had been able to soothe audiences into near slumber because she could sense what they felt and what song would make them feel better. The Gerans were a peace loving people but they had always valued the craftsmanship of weaponry.

Others began to drift closer and Roara decided to try something. She hadn?t pulled the sword completely from it?s sheath but only half way. She slide the sword farther into it?s sheath and the interest in it became lax. She slid the blade farther out and the others were drawn to it.

She answered the curious questions and let them handle it. Each student was astonished by the workmanship that went into it and it?s sheath. They handled it as though it were glass.

All of the students took turns looking and holding the elegant weapon. Even Alla, one of the shiest students held it and admired it. Alla had the lowest midichlorian count but her spirit made up for it. She was from a planet on the outer rim named Shale. It was dry hot and practically a second Tatooine with the exception of the poles. The poles were lush green jungle.

Roara suddenly had a though, a question rather. She put the Sword in its sheath when everyone had seen and held it. She walked over to where Luke and Kam were staring at the sensors trying to track the storm.

"How?s it looking?" She asked timidly. She hated interrupting the Masters.

"The Storm has picked up speed but there is something strange about this weather. The electrical charges in the clouds are so strong they are blocking out many of the sensors and we don?t have communication to the outside."

Roara turned pale. "Then this is no storm it?s a force storm. Someone doesn?t want us to hear or see what?s going on outside and if we figure out what is going on we won?t have any way to send for help."

Luke turned to her, "Roara who could be doing this?"

"The man in armor

14. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    "We are approaching the target." Said a young looking man at the guidence station.

"Excellent. Bring us in close to the planet and keep it between us and the target moon."

"yes sir."

He sat in the command chair at ease while giving the orders he was sure would win the day.

"What is the status of the New Republic fleet?"

"They have chased the decoy squadron out of communications range of the planet."

"Good. give the orders for the squadron to give chase for a one hundred fifty more light years and then engage the cloaking devices."

"Yes Sir."

That will give me time to grab my prize and leave undetected. Those foolish Jedi won?t even begin to know where to look for her. By then she will have turned or she will be dead.

He allowed himself a smile of confidence. He hadn?t had a lot to work with but what he did have he intended to use wisely. He had been able to find enough cloaking devices to convert an entire squadron of his best fighters and now they were his best card of play.

"Lieutenant. How many casualties have we taken in the stealth squad?"

"were showing zero casualties at this time, sir."

He nodded. Soon the time would be ripe for them to take the girl from her beloved school and teach her a real lesson. One in fear and anger that she would never forget. And even if he should fail in this as evil has a tendency to do, he would still have the pleasure of contaminating the universes Hope, the most powerful woman yet born unto mortals.

His plans would soon be fulfilled and his destiny realized? if he were lucky he would be able to hang onto his fame and glory.

At this point the Republic would be slowly unearthing who he was and where he was from. Nothing could stop him now though. The remnants of the Empire wouldn?t even be worth thought after he came to power.

He rose from his command chair and took a last look out the view port. He turned to the chief of staff.

"Have the chronometers synchronized. In twenty three hours we will strike the Jedi where it will hurt the most."

"Yes, Sir."

15. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Han was staring at the Falcons maps looking over each one. He would reach Yavin in four hours. Leia was in the living area and Chewie was copiloting. Han absentmindedly went through the motions of flying the ship but was thinking about Luke. Something was brewing though Han didn?t know what. He was sure that Roara was a key part to the mystery.

The council had been in session for hours after the Nova squadron had interrupted a transmission from Yavin but on a strange frequency. It had been aimed at a ship enroute to the Yavin?s system. The ship had been captured within an hour of transmission.

The creature on board was the spy that had been lurking about the palace and the temple. But there was little they could learn from the lizard like creature. It was difficult to get him calmed down enough to ask any questions, his skin changed color as frequently as his story lines had.

Han and Leia had picked up the Falcon and had gotten underway as fast as they could. If the spy knew where Roara was then so did who ever he worked for. Obviously it was some one powerful other wise the fear wouldn?t have been that high in the lackey. They had to tell Luke what was going on but there wasn?t much hope that they would reach the moon in time.

[This message has been edited by Jedi_Roara (edited 01-25-2000).]

16. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Luke watched Roara as she moved about the hanger picking out little bits and pieces of wire and machinery. She removed a cutting laser from a wall and looked down at the hilt of her sword. She puzzled over where to cut for thirty minutes, examining the drawings in the book and then looking decidedly at the hilt again. She was trying to decide whether she wanted to mar the workmanship that she loved so well.

With a sigh she ignited the laser and touched the metal. At that instant a hatch that had been hidden in the hilt flipped up and she stared at it?s insides. She was amazed. The entire hilt was just hollow enough for the wiring and circuitry That she had collected.

She looked up and saw Jaxton standing, once more, at the other end of the hangerbay. He was talking to Stix in an urgent manner.

Roara looked back down at the hilt and began to examine the book closely. For an hour she sat in place tuning frequencies and placing wires. Finally she had the casing built for the stone. She took it from the pouch?

The wind burst upon the building with it?s full force. Roara jumped a little. Then she listened to the sounds that the wind was making.

"That?s not natural." She said joining the rest of the padawans in gazing at the ceiling. "Luke!" She shouted trying to get his attention. She rose from the floor and ran to his side. She gripped his arm.

"Luke he?s here. He?s come to get me."

"It?s all right we won?t let that happen." Luke turned to the rest of the padawans and began to direct them into a circle.

"Luke promise me one thing."

"What?s that?" He asked, surprised at her request.

"That you finish the sword saber that I?ve begun. It holds the key to my healing from this disease and the defeat of my enemy."

Luke stared at her for only a moment but it seemed like eternity. HE placed a hand on the fingers that griped his arm and nodded.

"I promise, Roara."

17. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    I'm trying not to be quiet... but alas life interfears with star wars....

anyway..... wow! intense!

keep going I'm still reading.

18. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    A little red light began blinking on the navigational controls of the Falcon. Han reached over and turned it off. Leia and Chewie were sitting down watching as the mottled sky of hyper space starlined back into tiny points of brilliance. The planet of Yavin loomed outside the view port. The tiny moon that held their friends and loved ones seemed small and insignificant.

They were close to it and so couldn?t see the ships on the other side of the planet but the short range sensors could. An alarm blared to life as they neared the moon.

Chewie roared. "I know, Chewie! I know!"

Leia could barely catch what the wookie was saying. "What is it?" She asked peering over Hans shoulder to see the screens in front of him.

"We have a few uninvited guests on the other side of the planet." Han said bringing up the schematics the computer was projecting. It didn?t look good.

"I?ve got a bad feeling about this." Han said as he looked at the green lines that outlined four juggernaughts and only about a million small fighters.

"What is that?" Leia asked slowly.

Chewie growled. "Yeah." Han muttered. "What you?re looking at is a juggernaught. They?re better than the dreadnaughts because they?re twice as big, four times as fast, and seven times more powerful when it comes to fire power."

Leia had no answer.

19. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Roara raced across the floor of the hangerbay. She scooped up all her things and collapsed on the floor at the center of the circle of power. She continued to work frantically while the jedi around her began to focus the energy. Every once in a while the wind would slacken and seconds later would slam into the doors of the hangerbay, howling like a wounded animal in a bad mood.

She worked quickly but efficiently looking thoroughly through the pages of the book and hoping the force was guiding her fingers. She set the casing into the hilt and found it to be a perfect fit. Then she began to wire the casing into place, positioning the stone so that the power output was perfectly tuned with the beam intensity. One degree off and it would be the end of not just her but whoever was next to her at the time. She used the cutting torch once more to hard wire the switch into place. it was an internal switch that would cut off if the saber fell to the floor. She would have to use the force to activate and deactivate the Saber power. The unique thing was that even when the power was deactivated it was still a deadly weapon of beauty.

She set the harmonics to pick up the power of the metal. The gem glinted as if it knew something she did not. At that moment the ceiling sounded like it was caving in. Roara looked up to see only a bright light and then total blackness.

20. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    "Han do something!" Leia cried as she watched the beam hit the moon. All she could think was "No, This can?t happen again." and she waited for the moon to shatter.

She watched as the beam headed for the surface and watched the shock wave course over it, enveloping it in a white light. She just knew that she was loosing her brother and her friends.

Han began to speak and she had trouble hearing him. "What?"

"I said it isn?t destroying the planet it?s searching. They?re looking for Roara and there?s nothing we can do about it."

"There has to be something. Maybe we can jam the beam somehow." Leia knew she was grasping at straws. Roara had spent only a few days with her but during that time the two women had shared a bond. They both felt out of place in high society yet both had been raised as royalty. Roara had been next in line for the Crown of Dathomir before the mysterious disease. She had lost a home and a family but with Luke?s training she would be able to return. Leia had wanted to help as much as she could. That?s why when she had found the book she had snatched it up.

Roara had shared a pain that was all too familiar. Leia watched as the beam deactivated and the ships turned to leave. The small one man fighters began streaming into the bellies of the mammoth ships.

"No!" was all Leia could whisper.

Han wanted to comfort Leia but he had one more trick up his sleeve. He knew that the ships would take the girl and run and that one tiny freighter wouldn?t be worth messing with but the fact was they hadn?t been detected yet.

"That beam takes up a lot of extra power and it will take them a few seconds to get a trajectory. I?m going to try and track that trajectory while we have a clear shot because chances are they haven?t spotted us yet or the fighters would have creamed us long ago."

Chewie growled and looked at Han.

"I think the fighters were part of that beam all four Juggernaughts were firing and the ships were out of the bays. It was said that those beams were used to track down certain types of DNA. They were used as capture and destroy ships but I thought they were myth."

Chewie snarled again.

"I know. And we?re going to get her back?at all costs."

21. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    The beam hit the moon and the feeling of the power sweeping across the surface of the tiny mass was exhilarating. He could feel the power of the machine. Soon she would bee in a small cell unconscious and weak. She hadn?t yet finished her source of power and now he had to keep it from her. Her friends would surely bring it to her and try to rescue the pitiful creature.

He walked to the window and watched as his own power swept the surface kicking up dust and swirling the clouds so that their sensors couldn?t detect the ships he was controlling. The tiny moon was helpless to stop what he was doing?and so were the people he was taking her from.

He felt the pull of her power and potential and knew that she had grown stronger since his last visit to her near the lake of Exar Kun. He felt the tug of lives past as well. The jewel was in her possession. The key to her life and the down fall of his own. There so many variables that made the future hard to see. Each muscle flexed was a ripple that changed it.

He felt the rising of the lightside. The Padawans and masters joining in a circle to protect their precious friend.

"Praying won?t help you this time, children. She belongs to me."

He felt the arrival of a force and power stronger than his own. Then the burning light faded to an ember, smoldering in the cell.

"Turn the beam off and get these ships back to base immediately. We have what we came for."

"yes, sir."

22. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    The beam hit the moon and the feeling of the power sweeping across the surface of the tiny mass was exhilarating. He could feel the power of the machine. Soon she would bee in a small cell unconscious and weak. She hadn?t yet finished her source of power and now he had to keep it from her. Her friends would surely bring it to her and try to rescue the pitiful creature.

He walked to the window and watched as his own power swept the surface kicking up dust and swirling the clouds so that their sensors couldn?t detect the ships he was controlling. The tiny moon was helpless to stop what he was doing?and so were the people he was taking her from.

He felt the pull of her power and potential and knew that she had grown stronger since his last visit to her near the lake of Exar Kun. He felt the tug of lives past as well. The jewel was in her possession. The key to her life and the down fall of his own. There so many variables that made the future hard to see. Each muscle flexed was a ripple that changed it.

He felt the rising of the lightside. The Padawans and masters joining in a circle to protect their precious friend.

"Praying won?t help you this time, children. She belongs to me."

He felt the arrival of a force and power stronger than his own. Then the burning light faded to an ember, smoldering in the cell.

"Turn the beam off and get these ships back to base immediately. We have what we came for."

"yes, sir."

23. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    Roara slowly began waking up. She kept her eyes closed thinking that she might get a few minutes more. The thought crossed her mind that the roof stones were cold. They weren?t usually that cold. She stretched out her hand laying her palm on the surface. She suddenly opened her eyes and stared at the steely smooth floor. Fear leapt into her throat and stuck there. She tried to get up but a force field held her in place.

"No?no this cannot be!"

The darkness was suddenly blindingly bright. The glows came on and she watched the door waiting for her nightmare to end.

"Please, please, please?"

Her mind was in overdrive scanning the area from the floor, she tried to think of a way to get out of the cell. She strained her muscles for a few moments but the force field held her down. She lay on her left side in the middle of the room facing the door.

She readied herself for when the field would be deactivated and the door opened. She wasn?t restrained yet so she knew that they had not yet come for her. Until they did she had time to think.

She remembered the faces of her friends. Several of the Jedi had tried to grab her as she lifted from the floor of the hangerbay. She had a fleeting glimpse of Jaxton his mouth falling open a fraction as he stared helplessly at the kidnapping. Kiara screaming the word No and reaching out for her as Stix, crying, pulls her away from the beam. Shema and Sati attempting to gather enough Force energy to keep Roara on the ground. Zanteth and Tara, young though they were, wishing for the wisdom to save their friend. The look on Luke?s face as if he were loosing something far more precious than a student or a friend, his ice blue eyes filled with a sadness and a pain that Roara wished she could forget.

"A few years ago I could have died and only a few Dathmirians would have mourned had they found my remains in the wilds. Now I have a vast group of friends and teachers that are prepared to chase these villains to the ends of the earth to find me. I will be there doom."

She closed her eyes not wanting to see what was to come. Her heart was filled with a longing that could not by alleviated. Her mind worked around the pain striving to think her way out of the cell.

24. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    oh... i so love this story.... I only have four more weeks until I'm completely out of contact with the outside world... I hope that is all turns out well for our wonderful heroes in this flick...

keep going though... I'm reading this until I'm gone.

25. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    AH! Why are you leaving us Master? why are you loosing outisde contact? You are one of my biggest fans I'm going to miss you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.