main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi to be, Jedi within

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Roara, Sep 7, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    you mean like an outline?

2. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    take your time! Don't ever rush through the script.

DM

3. Jedi_Roara

Jedi_Roara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 1999
    Lurkers who won't post will be pursecuted! Come on guys give me feed back I'm dying over here! anything everything just say something! let me know my story hasn't tanked!

4. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

All watched in a breathless moment as Bast placed the stone within the mirrored chamber Roara had built for it. It was a perfect fit. The hilt was closed and the switch was activated. The steel focused the energy of the gem and began to hum. The magnificent blade was engulfed by a strange purple light, the center a more intense and lighter sunset pink.

For a moment nothing happened.

Bast?s expression began had just began to change when Roara suddenly snapped up out of the pain induced stupor. Her head had begun to loll to one side when all the noise of life froze. The jedi padawans stood motionless as they watched Roara?s blood well up from the fissures in her wrists. Even the wind died down to feathery gusts.

No one had time to think about what should have been done different. Roara snapped to attention. Her eye?s blazed like fire their intensity matching that of the sword saber. The intensity of the energy blade grew deeper and stronger, the field of it?s reach widened and the glow touched all present. There was a sudden rush of wind.

Roara threw her head back. A sound like a thousand roaring Arcanian snow tigers erupted from her throat. The Jedi stood still watching the workings of the Force as the light brightened around her wounds.

Kiara had tears in her eyes but Alla let them flow down her cheeks as she cried for Roara. Zanteth reached out wishing he could at least comfort her. Stix wore the look of extreme worry that was felt by all. Luke, Leia, Han, and Kirana Ti stood motionless their faces blank as if the emotions they felt were too big to be expressed. Shema and Sati waited their eyes locked unblinking at the scene.

Roara wouldn?t survive, this they knew. But it couldn?t end like this? not like this.

5. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Roara felt a power surging through the open wounds and roar through her veins and arteries. A raw primal and very essential part of herself was being returned. She opened her eyes to see Bast enraged and struggling to get to her.

Jaxton leapt at Bast and held him from behind. The two began to struggle but as they did Roara reached out and stepped off the wall. Suddenly she doubled over and bit back the scream of pain that she felt. Her back was aching. On either side or her spine there rose a large bump. They began to swell and move as if alive of their own accord. Roara let out a scream as her back seemingly erupted. The skin broke, blood spilled, and shreds of blood soaked flesh fluttered in the wind. But Roara straightened up and arched her body back as her feet left the ground. All were stunned by the two perfectly formed wings that now extended from her shoulder blades.

She dropped to the ground only inches from where Jaxton and Bast were locked in combat. She reached around them both, squeezing tight. She felt her arms close in, her hands touch, her wings encircle.

Over the sound of wind and power she heard a soft whisper.

"Don?t let me go!" It was Jaxton.

An ice blue light began to glow around them brighter and stronger as the seconds went by. She realized in that moment what was happening to them. "Never!" she whispered back.

[This message has been edited by Jedi_Roara (edited 06-04-2000).]

6. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Jaxton felt them tumbling long after they hit the ground. Down further and further he felt himself falling to his death. He began to swim against the sucking current and when he made progress his strength soared. He felt Bast with him, felt him fighting against what was happening, fighting for control. Jaxton could see a light so brilliant and so warm it could only be one thing. He had felt it when he had kissed Roara the first time on their way to Yavin. He had felt a spark of it when he had kissed her only moments before in the tent as he helped her dress.

Bast grabbed for Jaxton?s ankles as he was sucked down the maw of whatever spiritual hole had opened up within. For a moment he hung from Jax?s ankle but as they looked at each other both knew the out come.

"We could have had the universe, brother! We could have ruled it together, you and I!" Bast said.

Jaxton simply looked at him and said. "But I don?t want the universe, brother!"

"And why not! It?s the greatest treasure any man can hope for!"

"Because Roara is the only treasure I?ve ever wanted."

Bast looked wide eyed and frightened for a moment, but then smiled and laughed. It started as a chuckle and built until he threw his head back in a full laugh. Finally he looked at Jaxton.

"Goodbye, then, brother. It was fun, while it lasted." And with that he released his grip and fell into the depths of the soul.

7. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Jaxton opened his eyes and Roara opened hers. The wind gusted in gentle waves and the sky looked brighter than it had before, clearer. They were looking into each others eyes, entwined in each others arms.

"Are you okay?" she whispered to him, her eyes wide and filled with compassion to the cinnamon brown depths. A wisp of hair floated gently across her porcelain face.

"You are so beautiful." He said these words as if discovering for the first time how beautiful she was.

She smiled, no, beamed and shyly looked away. He placed his fingers gently under her chin and she looked up, her features innocent with the look of anticipation.

The next thing they knew they were being helped to their feet by friends. Roara looked around. She could see no sign of Bast or his men, only her friends and Thunder who had curled himself around the tower, his upper body perched on top of the stones.

There was a hubbub going on around them but Jaxton turned from the people around him and faced Roara again. The blood and the torn flesh had vanished along with the wings but her eyes held a sadness, a nervousness that he wished he could allay; and there was something deeper?much deeper.

Roara turned to Luke and touched his shoulder lightly. Luke felt her faint before her body did. He suddenly grabbed her about the waist with his right hand and supported her back with his left hand as she sagged and started going backwards.

[This message has been edited by Jedi_Roara (edited 06-04-2000).]

8. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

She woke up in a soft bed, clothed in a soft gown and covered with a very familiar quilt. She couldn?t remember where she had seen it before though. She lay still enjoying her comfortable surroundings. Roara closed her eyes and breathed in deeply.

Home she thought. There was no sound more wonderful than the word home. She nestled down into the covers and sighed again.

There was a sudden flash of memory and she opened her eyes, jerking slightly. She listened carefully and heard footsteps padding into the room. Roara still felt a slight fuzziness in her recognition but she knew those guarded steps all too well. She lay still on her left side, her breathing steady.

She heard the footsteps draw nearer on the carpeted floor. A Jedi robe appeared next to the bed and Roara looked up to see Jaxton standing over her.

?Hey there.? he said it so softly. He leaned down and watched and she blinked slowly.

?Where am I?? She asked in a groggy voice.

?Actually you?re in my room in the Jedi Temple. Yours is still in disrepair and they wanted someone to watch over you.? His voice was still soft as he sat down beside her on the bed.

Roara breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. ?I knew I?d been here before.? She closed her eyes and put her head on his knee. ? And you were assigned to look after me??

?No. I volunteered.?

?You did, huh? That?s so sweet.? She sounded as if she were half asleep. ?Jaxton??

?Yes??

?Where?s Bast??

A silence hung in the air as he stroked her hair and thought of how best to answer the question.

?He?s gone. But I have his strength of emotion now along with my self control which is what I have wanted all along.?

?Mmm.? She snuggled up closer and Jaxton felt the warmth of her hand and cheek on his knee. He felt as if there were no greater feeling than her trust.

Roara opened her eyes then. Slowly she turned her palm over to look at her wrists. There it was, the scar she would carry all her life. Then a flood of memory came rushing back. She sat up slowly and Jaxton supported her back. Her back? and what scars were left from the painful birth of those wings? And why had they been so cold?

?I need a mirror.? She said and got up before Jaxton could stop her. She heard his soft protest but it was too late. She was standing in front of the large mirror in the bathroom staring at eyes that were not hers. Jaxton put his hands on her shoulders.

?I wanted to tell you before you saw them.? His voice was soft and compassionate.

She stepped closer to the mirror and gazed at the unbelievable change. Her eyes were now two colors. They were still brown except for a small ring around the pupil. There was a swirling mix of a light blue that was almost white to a deeper blue like the depths of Oceana. The colors swirled about the pupil like white clouds scudding across a stormy sky, never at rest, never mixing. She breathed deeply and gaped at the sight. Roara didn?t know what to make of it.

After a few moments of silence Jaxton touched her shoulder. ?I think they?re beautiful.? was all he said.

9. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Roara sat looking into her reflection in the drinking glass that Jaxton handed to her. The water in the glass rippled pleasantly and after a few moments she sipped and looked up at Jaxton.

?How are you feeling?? He asked. She was still pale and unsure, very different from the strong confident woman he knew she was.

She looked down and waited, trying to compose her words.

?I think I will be fine but?? She didn?t have a chance to finish. The door bell cut her off and Jaxton went to go get it. Luke was on the other side.

?Is she awake?? Jaxton showed him into the sitting area below the practice floor. Roara was wrapped up in a thin blanket. She looked up at Luke who knelt before her and took her hands.

?I know that you have a lot to get used to but when you feel ready I want you to continue your training.? He meant every word and Roara could feel his concern and compassion.

?Thank you Luke. But I think I need some one to look at my back. I need to know what?s happened to me.?

?Actually one of the healers has asked to see you.? Luke said and helped her to her feet.

She left the blanket and walked with the two men down the hall. It was strange to her to be helped by two men when on her planet she would have been helped by the women healers.

The walk was long and twice she sagged against one or the other for support. The weariness was dogging her, nipping at her heals every chance it got. She reached out for the Force and for the first time it came without struggle. She stopped in her tracks.

?It came.? Luke turned to her. ?It came. The Force came without any struggle at all.? Roara looked confused. ?My block is gone.?

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Hey, this is sweet!

11. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

Luke watched Roara as the healer, Cesia, looked over her vitals. Roara was sitting on the bed and the healer tested some of her physical reflexes. Then Cesia turned to Luke.

?I will let you do the honors of testing her Force ability, but is there anything specific you wanted me to look at? She seems fine to me.?

Luke cleared his throat. ?Yes actually, there is something we?d like you to look at.?

He gently turned Roara?s shoulders and lifted her shirt. Roara was afraid to listen.

?I don?t see anything, Luke.? Roara was so surprised that she flinched and again her shoulder blades opened and the two wings extended, feeling oddly cool. All Roara could hear was a gasp from the healer.

?What is it?? Roara asked not sure how to phrase the question.

?Are you kidding? You have? wings!? Cesia whispered almost inaudibly.

?Roara, we need a feather for analysis. Would you mind if we took one?? Luke?s voice was kind and sweet. He placed a hand on her arm. ?You don?t have to if you feel uncomfortable.? He came around to look her in the eye and she looked up still shaken.

?I just want to know what happened.? She said. Luke could sense the emotions with in her and how strange they were to her. There was also a deep-seated unrest within her that she was keeping a death-grip on.

He merely nodded. The feather was plucked but within a few seconds it was nothing more than a tiny puddle in the healers hand.

?Curiouser and curiouser.? The healer took out a magna-scope and began to examine the wings. ?Roara, these wings are made of ice!?

12. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    thank you epic! I haven't had comments in a while I was beginning to think I was the only one who came to this one. and I'm the creator.

13. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999

The tests lasted almost four hours ending in a break for lunch. Roara didn?t eat. Instead she went out to the gardens to find Thunder and to cry where no one could see. She made it out to the weeping ganga tree and climbed up into it?s branches stopping twenty-five meters up to perch and cry.

Thunder found her cradled in the soft bows and raised up on his back legs to reach her. She let the tears fall onto her breeches and the soft t-short that Leia had picked out for her. Thunder purred quietly until she had calmed down enough to talk.

?You know it isn?t as bad as you think it is.?

?Oh really? And how do things look to you, friend? All I feel is that I?m not myself. This power is new and these eyes, these wings? what am I anymore? I cannot be Dathmirian, no Dathmirian ever bore this kind of burden!? The tears brimmed again and she wiped them away with her sleeve. She felt foolish crying the way she was. She breathed deeply and let the swaying of the branches comfort her. She had to be strong now.

Roara looked out to the horizon and watched the light of day slowly disappearing. She felt the presence of the whole world and it hummed about her like a hive. She would never belong on her home planet anymore. She let a tear roll down her face. Roara had to think, there had to be some reason that she had been chosen to bare this burden. She was having trouble working her mind around the concept that this was a wise decision of the Force, if the Force even made decisions.

?Have I gone mad?? she asked herself. ?This whole journey just to end up so inside out and confused? There has to be something?? She looked up and discovered that the sky was a dark purple and the stars were now peppering the sky. ?I used to belong to one of those stars.? She stifled a shudder of sadness. ?Now I?m a misfit space. I didn?t even know basic when Obi-wan Kenobi came to me and now here I am a basic speaking winged creature from beyond.? The tears sprang forward again despite her attempts at control. Her arms rested on her knees and she hid he face from the worlds above and below.

?Now It can?t be all that bad can it?? The accented basic took her by surprise and she looked up. A blue specter floated in the air a few feet from her. She averted her eyes hastily so that Obi-wan wouldn?t see the change. She also felt that she could hide nothing from him. She looked back up and her jaw moved as if it could stop the tears that had yet to cease.

?What?s happened to me?? she whispered.

Obi-wan came closer and placed phantom fingers beneath her chin. ?Roara your path has been inscribed in the Force for more than a thousand years.?

?But how can that be. The prophecy says nothing about a Dathmirian flying or having these.? She looked directly at him. When he only looked back she let go of the branches. Roara nearly fell off her perch. She unfurled her wings, the icy feeling of them sliding through the now permanent sheathes on her back made her shiver.

?Dathmirians aren?t supposed to fly.? She said stubbornly.

Obi-wan considered how to tell her this next piece of information. ?Roara, Aria was the first one to bear the powers of the Force. She passed down the gene for Force use until all the women were strong in the Force.?

Roara was silent, not sure where this was leading. Then ?What does Aria, the first of our kind, have to do with me? I am a common Dathmirian.?

?That?s where you are mistaken.?

?What?? Her shock was plain.

?Find you father and all your answers will be answered. Start with the book, I holds more keys to your future than you can possibly imagine.? He vanished.

?Wait!? She reached for him but it was to late.

14. Jedi_Roara

Sep 7, 1999
    She hung there in the air and stared at the empty spot where Kenobi had been. She breathed in each breath deeper and deeper, finally she was heaving, the mix of emotions melding into one. She threw her head back and screamed. The release of energy was relieving. She floated there shaking finally she looked up at the stars. Then she looked down at the ground so far below.

With a swift movement of her icy appendages she shot upwards she began to fly in the few hundred feet between the temple grounds and the traffic lanes above. She wasn?t thinking about anything, she just flew. Forwards, backwards, up, down, upside down, in circles and even did the backstroke. She began to learn how to control the new addition to her body. Soon she flew in fluid movements and even the slightest movement of her wings became second nature. The exhilaration filled her senses. Roara knew that she had changed but something inside felt as if this were natural. Her body had healed so quickly after the wings bloody birth that she had no scars just two sheaths where the wings would retract completely making her look like any Dathmirian woman.

She finally came to rest on the spinneret at the very top of the Jedi Temple. She felt renewed by the exercise and the crisp air had refreshed her mind. She looked out to the edge where the night met the lights of the city. Everything looked so clear, so strangely calming. Her hair had come loose and was flowing between her wings to her knees. She had cut it some but it was still a sign of a Dathmirian warrior. She looked down and saw the tree she had perched in and there was some one standing underneath it.

She wished for a closer look and nearly toppled from her look out when her vision changed. The vertigo lasted only a moment but suddenly she could see with perfect clarity that Jaxton was waiting, looking up at her.

She stood on her toes on the edge and swan dived, her wings folded against her body but not sheathed. After free falling a hundred feet she twisted and straightened out so that her feet were first. Her hair streamed upwards like silk as the wind whistled in her ears. Suddenly she flipped over so that she was falling headfirst and unfurled her wings slowly so that she swooped back upwards and then floated serenely to the ground where she touched down softly.

Jaxton watched her beautiful form as she moved with all the grace of heaven. Her wings kicked up a delicate wind that brushed through his shoulder length hair. Roara looked up at him once she touched down.

?Were you looking for me?? she asked her voice still shaky.

Jaxton reached up and touched her cheek. ?Yes, I was.? She leaned into his caress a little and he remembered the first time she had done the same to him. ?I came to find you because?? he stopped as if wanting to say something ?? the lab wants to take a blood sample and another feather.? He looked down at his hands as if to find he was holding his courage there.

?I see.? She began walking past him when Jaxton gripped her arm. She turned and he scooped her up into his embrace and kissed her. She wrapped her arms about his neck wishing that the moment would never leave them.

15. Ejan Jerthrid

Ejan Jerthrid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 1999
    I have recently moved and so I'm still setting things up so that I can get to the writing part. I hope that I haven't let anyone down or anything I'm sorry if I have. BTW the revised version is being posted on word weavers starwars website called the Jedi Arcives. here is the URL: http://fan.starwars.com/JediArchives/main.html

I hope that you will all read it and enjoy. don't forget to sign the guestbook.

May the Force be with you.
    Jedi Roara

16. PRINCESS_STEF

PRINCESS_STEF Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2000
    is that the end?
    i hope not

please come back and post!!!

oh, and UP!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.